It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Boyfriend found this on his fence the other day.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Just had time to put the pictures up, its just really strange and kind of creeped me out. It was put on the side of his fence where he parks his car.... Let me know what you think or if you might know what it means.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
it is occultic writing
what it says i dont know but ive seen similiar things myself. in my case it was advertizing a coven gathering

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
they look like runes, tolkien-esque

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zyrktec
it is occultic writing
what it says i dont know but ive seen similiar things myself. in my case it was advertizing a coven gathering

You should have crashed it, would have interesting for sure.

Just make sure you have some Iron and Salt handy in case you have to torture some spirits, or occultists

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
looks like a possible cipher for a code.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Wiccan Runes match some.... here is one quick ref chart and a few are dead on matches...but that translation makes no sense.

www.wiccantogether.com...

I'd say you have a curse or a blessing. Hard to say which...but finding out is more than a passing curiosity in my personal opinion. One doesn't need to believe in the ocean to get wet...and if he has an enemy or admirer serious enough to drop that on his property, knowing who isn't a bad idea at all.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

Looks like a message from someone called Amy.......and a phone number

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'd say if he is the only one who parks near there... then someone is either trying to peak his curiousity or he is trying to peak yours.

Some look like runes, some do not.... but tolkienesque symbols that are not runes i do agree. where have I seen some of those... it's not the enclosed elven alphabet...maybe a symbol on thecover or something... it's not wiccan.

I'm curious.

which ones are NOT runes, let's see if we can find just those.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
if any of those numbers look like phone number prefixes or area codes... try dialing them.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

Looks like some aliens learned how to write paleo-hebrew and then pretend it was alien writing.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Not sure if they are Wiccan but the characters were definitely used in the Ultima games from Origin Systems.

en.wikipedia.org...:Britannian_runes.png

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Purple monkey hit the nail on the head on that one, some of the markings are "feanorian" runes, created by JRR. Tolkien (with some slight alteration) we'll pretend its not sad that I know but I believe thats what they are.
edit on 26-12-2011 by TreehouseIndustries because: haste

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
ugh im so mad, I really want to know what the heck it is!!!
I was like I so have to post this on ATS!! I just hope its something cool and not creepy?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Looks like something the Zodiac killer would of written.

Zodiac Killer

Either someone is playing a sick joke or whatever their motive is, but I would just be aware of your surroundings.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I've got the code - working on translating for you.
Give me a minute or five.

F+M(non-coded)NA (dot) S+H(non-coded)HTS

This looking sideways at the picture is rough on old eyes.
Think that's it though.

Double-checking as it crosses variants.

Okay the "M" is "e" and it's MODERN Futhark - not the ancient forms I'm referencing from books at home - there is no "e" in authentic Futhark. You all can probably finish this now using INTERNET Futhark references - specifically "modern" Futhark. Unfortunately, there are many variations on the modern versions too.

My final best translation is:

f+en (A-non-coded) (dot - is "f" in one ancient variation) j + hdt and the final mark is apparently a personalized sigil.
edit on 26/12/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I don't think it's tolkiens... not curvy enough. most are runes except, for example that up and down one with the arrows.... let's work on this eliminating what are not runes. I have no paper to write on to make a chart for elimination.

what is the up and down one with arrows on the ends?

I bet it's a girl's writing.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I also thought it was a girls writing because its a lot neater than any of my male friends or my boyfriend for that matter because at first I thought he was playing a joke on me...

ETA: it looks like the green line in the center was used with a ruler to be drawn because of how i could see the marker marks on the back of the paper.
edit on 12/26/2011 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

images1.wikia.nocookie.net...

im pretty sure more than two are tolkien-esque if you utilise the dot in the middle as a break the first word is partially translated as "F_EN_" further if you take the a as just an A then it becomes "F_ENA"

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreehouseIndustries
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

images1.wikia.nocookie.net...

im pretty sure more than two are tolkien-esque if you utilise the dot in the middle as a break the first word is partially translated as "F_EN_" further if you take the a as just an A then it becomes "F_ENA"

those aren't tolkien letters.... those are actual runes you posted, but not all fit.

do they fit armanen runes

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
some of tolkiens stuff may fit but overall.... it's not it.

it's just some of them remind me of something on a cover or something.... the dot, yes the dot... i can't recall.

thenewmage.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join