It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English Warning To Americans: Don't Give Up Your Guns! (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I always thought that you are born with certain rights. If they are rights, how can they be "taken away"?

Here we have quite a bit of brits trying to reclaim their rights to self defense back using peaceful protests.

Also, the story about a man who shot 2 intruders in Great Britain killing one of them and got life in prison! + the kicker, the intruder who survived is now SUING him for damages!

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i dont know any one over here who would give up there right to bear arms. i am a member of the NRA and will be for the rest of my life if they want my guns they will be taken from my dead body.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
My thoughts run along the lines of being thankful I live in Missouri here. Recent years have seen changes in our Castle Doctrine law which strictly protect the lawful defender from civil liability for shooting the criminal, whether it's fatal or not. Good Shoot = Tough luck, buddy.

The law stipulates a wide range of circumstances where deadly force is justified and with NO requirement to attempt running or escaping first. Simply the belief of imminent death, great bodily harm or sexual assault of yourself OR OTHERS. It pretty well covers it.....and no prison terms if the defense shoot is legitimate. (It's unusual to hear about one that isn't here)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by greenovni

There are still over 1 million firearm owners in Britain. We haven't 'given up our guns', we just don't have a prominent gun culture. Also relatively recent changes to the law allow people to use reasonable force when threatened in your own home.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
My thoughts run along the lines of being thankful I live in Missouri here. Recent years have seen changes in our Castle Doctrine law which strictly protect the lawful defender from civil liability for shooting the criminal, whether it's fatal or not. Good Shoot = Tough luck, buddy.

The law stipulates a wide range of circumstances where deadly force is justified and with NO requirement to attempt running or escaping first. Simply the belief of imminent death, great bodily harm or sexual assault of yourself OR OTHERS. It pretty well covers it.....and no prison terms if the defense shoot is legitimate. (It's unusual to hear about one that isn't here)
Same here in Florida! I have a CWP and feel fortunate to live in Country that deems me intelligent enough to own firearms and competent enough to carry one on my person if I feel it neccesary.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Do not ever give up your arms. In time of need, they can be handy, yes. However the real deal is that if you let the gov't take your straps, then if they decide to go bad, civilians can not fight back. I will not say that these days require a certain suspicion towards your governments, I say, that all times, people had to treat those above with suspicion. If the government decides that you can not have any means to defend yourself and your family, then you become suspicious. I'm telling you from a country which charges you if you carry a blade longer than 8 centimetres. Guns? No way dude, only if you are a cop or some fatcat. I am calling out for everyone: keep your guns out of your children's reach, but within yours. There can be so many cases where it actually helps a lot. Carrying a gun with you is obviously a bad idea, except for some countries, but for example, in case of an alien invasion, I believe the military bases and the important gov't buildings would be obliterated first, so they would not be there to fight for us. Or what if the big guys decide to enslave the general population. Soldiers being exchanged all over the world, to maintain control over each others countries faking a whole great World War III. But to achieve this, first they would have to kill all the telecommunications, including the internet. Sorry I went a little cattywampus. 4:25 in the morning, and still can't sleep.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

I really do not understand the need to use the term "gun culture." Sounds a bit passive aggressive and condescending to me actually. You have 'given up your guns' and Britain is effectively disarmed, period. Out of 62 million people, 1 million are firearm owners. How many are collectors and of their firearms, how many can be effectively used ( even if allowed ) for protection? As far as the 'Reasonable Force' laws you refer to, they are a comedy of confusion.

In my opinion, the biggest joke perpetrated on any population that has relinquished their right to use firearms as a method of self defense is the instillation of the belief that the use of a firearm for protection is somehow archaic, not necessary, and no longer has a place in civilized culture. The crime statistics of a disarmed Britain says it all.

I admire and applaud the efforts underway to regain the rights to firearm protection. I pray we in the U.S.A. cherish/ heed the gift of this glimpse into our own future devoid of a so called 'gun culture.'

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i dont want more guns in the UK, I can get my hands on one quite easily if i wanted one but theres a culture that if you're going to do something illegal like rob a house you dont want to be caught with a 'shooter' as it'll certainly add a good few years to your sentence and you run the risk of getting shot should the firearms cops get wind that you are packing and things go awry

actual small arms in the uk are very expensive for gangs due to its hard to get the ammo so while they pose on facebook they're generally using empty guns

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

I suppose ultimately it's like several others have pointed out on other threads in the past. England is for the English and America is for the Americans. Despite being brothers in the historical and modern sense...we'll never fully understand the way each has chosen to live in those small details of life. Perhaps that is an example of good diversity. I don't think either wants to become the other, anyway. Cultural identity is a good thing in so many ways.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I like my guns. I paid a decent penny for 'em and unless I'm given full price for them, I keep them.

no exceptions.

Oh...EXCEPT, I dont feel like selling them.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What has fox hunting protests got to do with guns? Talk about a misleading title to a thread, foxes are NOT hunted with guns, they are chased by elite toffee nose a-holes on horses using packs of dogs to catch the fox and to tear it apart, guns never come into it.

I doubt there are 1 Million gun licence holders have weapons now, and apart from farmers and the "aristocracy" people are no longer allowed to get a licence to keep guns at home any more (although some older licences still exist) The have to be kept at a gun club now.

There are illegal guns of course, lots come in for eastern Europe, but as posted before ammunition is difficult for them to get and a lot of the guns you see on youtube are actual replicas not real ones

Anyway the protest was about fox hunting and had absolutely nothing to do with the right to bear arms, this is the UK you don't have the right to gun ownership, end of story

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by satoriku

But you're missing the point. The vast majority of the population weren't gun owners before the more stringent regulations in the 90s and most people in Britain don't want to own guns, if they did it is still a relatively simple, if slightly tedious procedure to obtain a shotgun certificate or firearm certificate (which includes a background/mental health check + ensuring you have a gun safe and safe place to shoot etc). It's as simple as that. In rural areas shooting as a sport and hobby is still very common and widely practiced.

I used the term 'gun culture' to describe the American public's pervasive fascination with firearms, something which doesn't really exist in the mainstream over here. I'm completely supportive of gun ownership by law abiding citizens for sporting and recreational use.
edit on 27-12-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by greenovni

A civilized society determines its own rights. You're born with whatever rights your society deems necessary.

You know you have a right to clean water? You have a right to a reasonable level of health care, you also have a right to accessing information about the world around you. You have a right to take vacations and weekends.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Okay, I'm a pretty quiet little old lady.

Do drink Merlot Wine, that's the wildest thing I do............and always at 9PM before retiring to bed.

Don't do motorcycles, bars, clubbing, stop at every single stop sign and never go through a yellow light.

In other words, I'm a darn good citizen, quiet, nice, peaceful, helpful, all that jazz.

While I am a nice quiet, conservative grandma - I own and practice regularly with a 45. Am now learning how to operate a automatic rifle.

BUT - If someone breaks into my home with the intention of raping or killing me or my family they will not walk out alive, I promise this.

Do not give up our gun rights - and before 911 I would never have said this.

Before 911 I was against guns.

BUT

911 Changed all that for me because on that day, in my gut, I figured out how deeply corrupted our government truly was and has become more so with each passing year.

My eyes were opened.

Now that my job has been outsourced, I have a lot of time to research and that is what I love to do, it is my passion.

Many of the conspiracies listed on this site are tied in and connected together.

There is a 1% and they are the most ruthless and psychopathic entities on the planet.

Now a little 45, even a automatic rifle aren't any match for the United States Military - they have drones, missles that can blow your entire house away from over a mile away - you wouldn't even see or know what's coming.

BUT

Gurilla warfare with guns is possible.................without guns, once TPTB take those guns away from us, we are really screwed.

And being a little old Midwest conservative lady I honestly never thought I would say that.

Now with that being said.

My gun is hidden, really hidden - nobody knows I have it and it's locked up but where I can get to it within seconds. I'm a clever old buzzard.

Sadly enough, after the Kennedy Assanation, 911, Iraq, Katrina, Guntanimo & all the rest of the BS - I simply no longer trust my government, to have my (or your) best interests at heart.

America has proven to me by using WMD (twice), staging 911 (false flag and I will never believe other wise) and with each President more cameras, more scanners, more TSA gropers, more freedoms are lost all in the name of Home Land Security (sounds like a friggin Nazi term to me).

I would never use a gun in anger or to commit a crime.

But, if someone busts down my door and enters my home with the intention of hurting or killing me and mine I will fight to the death and I'm not joking.

Need a blanket, some extra food, a shower, a couch to sleep on - I've given these when asked.

I read some time ago that 1/2 of LA Police Force was possibly going to be laid off.

If and I think it's a matter of time not if, our economy really tanks - our dear beloved Policemen (in my village they are really nice group of guys) if they disappear due to "lack of funds" - We will be on our own.

I began gun training after reading David Crawford's "Lights Out".

I still feel bad about the time I hit a mouse with a broom and killed the poor little thing, decades ago.

I can't imagine the guilt and karma I would suffer having to kill a fellow human being.

But again, DO NOT LET THEM TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY.

Every single person reading this thread should buy and read two books by Naomi Wolf, "The End of America" and "Give Me Liberty".

Do not vote for anyone that wants to take away our right to bear arms.

I don't believe in the Wild West, I'm not a wild woman, I'm actually a boring person.............but you let them take our right to bear arms and we are really screwed.

Now, if you own a gun for God's sake, don't tell your children and keep it locked up with the key around your neck or hidden so well that they do not know where it is.

Do not own a gun if you drink and get angry easily and cannot control yourself - or have the gun locked up in a safe deposit box somewhere - where you have to cool down.

Like driving, don't drink and drive, don't drink and shoot.

Scary, ten years ago I never thought I would do a reply such as this. But times are changing.

People are purposely being distracted with their Xboxes, ipods, TV, cell phones, computers, jobs - distraction so that TPTB, the real puppet masters can slowly but surely strip us of all our rights.

For you young ones out there, you don't have the benefit of living and observing how things have changed over half a decade, almost six decades - you have no idea how drastically things have changed.

We are slowly being enslaved, decade by decade the noose is quietly and oh so slowly being tightened.

It's sad the thought of having to own a gun.

I became socially and politically aware on November 22, 1963 When Sister Theresa Mary rolled in the TV and announced JFK had been shot.

I heard her whisper to Mother Angelica, "They finally got him".

She said "They" and taught History. She taught us to think for ourselves and not everyone, even the newspapers tell the truth.
edit on 28-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join