It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A profitable way to counter the TSA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I just had this idea while thinking of the TSA. Obviously they can require a person to go through their security in order to board a plane, but there is nothing in place to prevent a person from taking a private jet. After all, they don't own the sky (at least not yet).

So, what if someone opened up a "private" public airport? Or essentially, an airport owned by a private entity and set up private rules, but open to the public? This could be an extremely profitable idea, as people fed up with the TSA (the number of which will likely increase in the coming months and years), flock to an airport with a simple metal detector.

This could even be done with existing airports. I'm not sure how ownership of airports works, but if it's leased by a corporation, that corporation could claim the airport as their own private property, kick out the TSA, and then set up their own rules. There has to be some sort of legal loophole to allow this clearly sane policy. They could even take it one step further and provide airlines with the responsibility of providing their own security. If Continental has TSA agents, then take Southwest.

So what do you all think?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

sounds interesting.. but you would have to make the "private" airport an association of some kind, and then form a committee or a council. If you can get past any of the members that are elected to your private dig not becoming corrupted, it may work.

But secondly a major deal would be funding, how are you planning to fund the airport?! And you will no doubt have to meet federal guidelines, which may require some sort of TSA oversight regardless..

I say the solution to TSA is that we make the system eat itself.. what I mean is I was thinking about going up to Portland, and interview the elderly and parents/guardians of children. And ask them if they felt as if they experienced abuse. If yes, I encourage (or assist) them to file a report with a Government Office that handles abuse of elderly or dependent individuals. The Government would have to at some point acknowledge the claims and spark an investigation. Idk.. maybe someone can both our ideas! That would be sweet.

Peace
edit on 26-12-2011 by HeavenWolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Yeah, someone could totally do that...and then charge extra for the privilege of not having to go through TSA security...and then they could hire Blackwater/Xe to do the airport security, because you'd have to have someone doing security, you know, to make sure that terrorists don't simply hire private jets to blow up because of the lax security...we can all be sure Blackwater/Xe will be gentle handling our junk.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Uh, isn't the FAA in charge of everything... wouldn't they still be even with privately owned planes?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well, you wouldn't want to call it something like 'General Aviation'. That is already taken for a name.

Seriously, if you did something more than charter jets and general aviation like it's done now, you'll be forced to use TSA anyway. As it is, they're looking for any reason to move their security right on over to the GA side or the small Muni Airports that exist for what you're talking about.

The problem if they force themselves on that last remaining area of aviation with sanity is that if you try and go around it with your own thing, they will simply prohibit you from LANDING anywhere else. Ultimately, they could go so far as to essentially force an airport to close or service itself and nothing else.

Ask Texas how this argument went for kicking the TSA out of their airports......and the threat they got for blocking air traffic that crossed in or out across Texas state lines.
The Feds have an answer for any idea which displeases them.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

There are lots of private airports already. Hire a charter plane, they are in the phone books of any major city. I've done it many times...No big jets at most though. Talk to John Travolta...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You can already charter a private jet from just about any public airport. No need to own the airport someone just needs to set up a service to help connect people to others so they can pool thier money and charter a jet together to where ever.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
what do you think drug traffickers and terrorists use.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

What do I think drug traffickers and terrorists use?!

Government Issued Planes, trains,autmobiles

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
what do you think drug traffickers and terrorists use.

Military transports...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It may not necessarily make you a cent, but I hope you all opt for the pat-down rather than the x-ray, every time.

This reason is twofold:

- Your health. I'm sure I don't have to tell you it's dangerous. You can also add "nekkid pictures noooooo" but I think that's a pretty small deal compared to the health problem, which is pretty serious, by the looks of it, despite their aggressive propaganda otherwise. Eventually, I believe, if not shut down for other reasons, the health data will leak out and they'll be removed for this reason. Don't be a guinea pig in the meantime.

- But why wait for all those people to get sick? The pat-down really slows the process down and costs more manpower. Great, legal ways to fight corrupt systems is by interacting with them in a way that wastes more of their time and/or money. It adds up with each person who does it to them. If it ends up costing so much, suddenly they may not need to 'protect' you with such fervor. And, if they get backlogs at the airports because of line ups for the patdowns, with nobody wanting to be labrats for the cancer pr0n photos...the effect is even faster! If their AWESOME protocol is making air travel unfeasible, watch how fast it disappears!

I tend to avoid traveling through the US as much as possible, but when I did, I opted for the pat-down. It was kind of like a really lame shiatsu massage. I've read some people feel a little more molested, but personally I found it mildly massaging (good thing I didn't have to pay for it though, not enough effort to be much of a massage) and slightly amusing also. Molestation was not a part of the experience. But I don't like the whole police state vibe and I don't like to take off my shoes and walk on that nasty carpet, so I'll just get a proper massage instead.

top topics

join