It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Paul aide offers odd defense of ex-boss's tolerance

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
WashingtonTimes source

According to Eric Dondero, who was Mr. Paul's senior congressional aide from 1997 to 2003 and worked on some earlier Paul campaigns, the Texas congressman is not anti-Jewish or anti-gay — he just supports Israel's abolition and won't use a gay man's bathroom.

Mr. Dondero cited two other incidents that, while he insisted his former boss is not anti-gay, seemed to suggest otherwise. In one, he refused to shake the hand of an openly gay supporter at a barbecue, and the other incident involved using the home/office of San Francisco libertarian Jim Peron, who is openly gay, as a base for a 1988 Bay Area campaign swing.

"Ron pulled me aside the first time we went there, and specifically instructed me to find an excuse to excuse him to a local fast food restaurant so that he could use the bathroom. He told me very clearly, that although he liked Jim, he did not wish to use his bathroom facilities. I chided him a bit, but ... Ron looked at me directly, and with a very angry look in his eye, and shouted under his breath: 'Just do what I say NOW,'" Mr. Dondero wrote.

Multiple sources,
Daily KOS source

Former Ron Paul staffer says Paul afraid to use gay man's toilet, but not a homophobe

----------------------------

Odd defense indeed.
This latest day after Christmas newsflash on the flushing of Ron Paul down the proverbial toilet of presidential politics comes from a former employee who the Paul camp describes as "disgruntled"

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If you are a germaphobe, some things are alright and others aren't. He may have witnessed the host pulling a wedgie out from inside his pants and then go to the bathroom. There really could be all kinds of reasons.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

In 1988, AIDS was a HUGE deal, and not that much was known about it. I don't blame the good doctor for not wanting to take any chances. I'm not a homophobe, I approve of gays in the military, and gay marriage both, but I don't particularly like to hang around any gay men. I will often find a reason to excuse myself. Not always, I have a very good friend and ex-boss that has some things in common with me, and we occasionally hang out with his partner and him, and my wife and I. But, in general, I don't have a lot in common with gay men, especially the feminine type.
edit on 26-12-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
whats a gay mans bathroom look like?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
cue Rockdisjoint coming in and posting about how many Ron Paul posts there are.

or does he only do it with posts that are for Ron Paul?

edit on 26-12-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

Soft, pink towels.

So soft.... So fluffy...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Soft, pink towels.

So soft.... So fluffy...

LOL do they have a special urinal or something?

do they have a urinal? or do they pee sitting down?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Everyone grab your pitchforks... someone didn't want to use a gay bathroom!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Im assuming it's pink, with a candelabra and a grand piano

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I could completely understand if the good DR. had enough sense to relieve himself elsewhere, especially in 88 and specifically San Francisco. The good Dr. may of had some insider info that the others were unaware of ?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Nobody has a problem with the charge that he supports Isreal's abolition which if thought out could only come about through a forcible disarming through a war of annihilation?
Thought the good doctor was against war, policing the world, exerting influence in the region etc?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Nobody has a problem with the charge that he supports Isreal's abolition which if thought out could only come about through a forcible disarming through a war of annihilation?
Thought the good doctor was against war, policing the world, exerting influence in the region etc?

No, all us Ron Paul supporters only care about using gay bathrooms. This is the straw that breaks the camels back, I can no longer support Ron Paul since you've graciously enlightened me to the fact he doesn't like using gay bathrooms.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I'd like to see better examples of Paul's supposed bigotry (as some claim) than this.

I would prefer to have facts rather than speculation to help support my reasoning for not supporting Paul.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Soooo.....

Unsubstantiated claims by someone who use to work for Paul....

Funny how this is never enough when its against someone elses political candidate...

But when its being used in reverse , its suppose to be cold hard proof....

1. This person could be lying...

2. The whole thing could be made up

There are no facts.............

This wouldnt hold up in court..........

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

My friend's bathroom is not pink and doesn't have a candelabra. It looks exactly like my own. He doesn't even have an abundance of grooming products.

Not everyone fits the stereotype.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
maybe the bathroom was in disorder and no one wanted to clean it because it wasn't their house or office?

It doesn't matter whether the good ole doc didn't want to use it, its his right to decline, even to associate with people who makes him feel uncomfortable especially flaming persona's

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

My friend's bathroom is not pink and doesn't have a candelabra. It looks exactly like my own. He doesn't even have an abundance of grooming products.

Not everyone fits the stereotype.

Judging by your lack of humor, I bet your bathroom is grey and bland and has a single white toilet with a white roll of TP and in the cabinet is a months supply of soap. plain unlabeled and unscented soap.

Who would put a grand piano in a bathroom, learn sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Ex-Aide Says Ron Paul Is a 9/11 Truther & Isolationist Who Thinks U.S. Shouldn't Have Fought Hitler

Weekly Standard source

Apparently while the Paul worshippers think the toilet story is funny, the ship is sinking on further allegations.
The anti-jewish angle to this new inside leaker is going to have huge impact.
edit on 26-12-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Don't be so rude next time and I might just get your poor example of sarcasm.

You are aware that sarcasm does not translate well online?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I don't care if he's a truther or an isolationist but the Hitler thing is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

Usually, when someone invokes Godwin's Law, it's the very last act of desperation on their part.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join