It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ufo `phenomena`

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hi guys its almost 2012 and we are still creating sensational threads of `mothership spotted`
which is nothing but a dot of light with no frame of reference

60 years ago you had a sighting better than ANYTHING whatsoever today, in which crafts skimmed the whitehouse!
now all these years later even with the fact that everyone has cameras these days, the best we can do - our holy grail if you will is simply blurry dots in the sky.

Really? really?
This is why, even though im a believer, im totally done with disclosure, youtube videos, project camelot, etc etc etc.. the ONLY disclosure (if it ever happens) will be done via a landing as im sure has happened in the past (egyptians mayans anunaki etc).

Seriously please stop posting videos of orbs or blurry points of light and declaring them `the mothership has arrived`
edit on 26-12-2011 by admiralmary because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It won't stop.
Attention seeking ignoramuses are like that.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Your post will make no difference, unfortunately not everyone uses common sense when posting threads (i.e your thread) Hence "MOTHER SHIP SPOTTED OVER CITY" will always happen.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It's like all the 'Jesus is a mortal man books' like Holy Blood Holy Grail. Until someone comes along and officially says "UFO's exist, here's proof, its official", then it'll stay as it is. And no amount of Scientists, government workers, video's/picture or articles can change that. It's a sad fact of life but its true. As a species we're too used to being told what to do.
edit on 26-12-2011 by MahmoudAhmadinejad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by admiralmary

While there is overwhelming evidence that sonething unknown is flying around our planet, that really does not mean ET. Some of these ufos could be ET, but i need evidence to belive they are.

The internet has many hardcore believers, who will pretty much believe everything they read, hear, and see. All it does is damage the ufo subject. I believe the ufo subject needs to be taken seriously, but with all these groups and hardcore belivers, the subject is just nit taken seriously by the media.

Saying that, i believe governments take them very seriously. Militery sightings alone, tell me that.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by admiralmary
Hi guys its almost 2012 and we are still creating sensational threads of `mothership spotted`
which is nothing but a dot of light with no frame of reference

60 years ago you had a sighting better than ANYTHING whatsoever today, in which crafts skimmed the whitehouse!
now all these years later even with the fact that everyone has cameras these days, the best we can do - our holy grail if you will is simply blurry dots in the sky.

Really? really?
This is why, even though im a believer, im totally done with disclosure, youtube videos, project camelot, etc etc etc.. the ONLY disclosure (if it ever happens) will be done via a landing as im sure has happened in the past (egyptians mayans anunaki etc).

Seriously please stop posting videos of orbs or blurry points of light and declaring them `the mothership has arrived`
edit on 26-12-2011 by admiralmary because: (no reason given)

Sorry, but the craft did not "skim" the White House. The front page newspaper pics of 1954 simply showed lights in the sky just as we see with most current vids today.

I understand your frustration (probably far more than you) but those fuzzy lights and fake videos help keep the subject alive. Consider that as far as local UFOs go (ignoring our triangle sightings but which are playing their part) people are kept in a "holding place," a state of mild anxiety because the forever-key question is never answered.

Meanwhile back on Mars, Titan, and earth-like planets in other solar systems, our probes are sending out data that literally bit by bit are transforming what was highly unimaginable in the public's mind decades ago into today's and tomorrow's reality. It all works and eventually will naturally merge for the grand show--to be announced.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

LOL. The funny thing is that you have been a member of ATS for only a week, and you are asking other members to stop posting things that do not live up to your standards. The even funnier thing is that I find myself agreeing with you. Some of the U-tube vids, pictures and reported sitings are just ridiculous. Unfortunately not many are going to follow your advise. As you are on ATS longer you will see that it is almost like a game to some members. You will see that when these vids, pics, and sitings are posted, almost always, the same members seem to come out of the walls, and the "big debate" begins. The same members come out to these threads like a fly on #%@t. They will often take up anywhere for 5 to 10 pages of the same debate. You have the believers and the disbelievers. You have those that claim to believe, but require proof positive. You have those that do not believe under any circumstances, but are open minded enough to change if the right evidence is shown. I could go on and on with the different categories, but I would wager you that if you pay attention you will most definitely see almost always the same members. They hang around and wait for one of these silly u-tube videos to pop up on a thread, and the game(I mean debate) continues.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Really? really?

Perhaps it's because most UFOs (if not all) are not really UFOs after all but misidentified IFOs. Where the UFO community is at right now (as you described), and the data suggests strongly that this is the case.

Better technology certainly helps with identification, and I'm sure that we have been able to weed out many cases that were due to something mundane due to it.

I think the trend will continue as technology gets better, cheaper and more widely available. The volume of sightings will likely go up exponentially too because of this, so there will be lots of "fuzzy dots" and "blurry somethings" to sort through, until the technology gets good enough to full make up for peoples lack of skill at operating a camera, and the limitations of current camera technology that is available at the consumer level now.

Having said all that, I don't think cameras will ever fully prove if it is indeed the case that UFOs are alien (or some other controversial explanation) in nature. There would have to be actual hard physical, and irrefutable evidence (an alien "artifact" or "gizmo") to back up the footage/pictures before the scientific community would accept that there was anything to it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If you axiomatically believe that only the material world exists........and that there are UFO's flying around in the skies - then I suppose your only option is to posit that they are alien space ships.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

welcome to ats.....
maybe this should be in the rant section...
60 years ago they were 'lights in the sky' that went by the white house.
the same 'lights in the sky' that are photographed and filmed today.
its not peoples fault that they are easily visible at nightime
but it is that they keep posting the results with sensational headlines.
my point being that the lights in the sky wont change
nor will the people posting them
you gotta take the rough with the smooth

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
People these days are quick to debunk and ridicule everything under the sun regarding the UFO topic. So a lot of people that have a legit sighting and case stay hush hush and never tell their story like they would have back in the day.

Its easy to hoax something and show it. But its not as easy to have a legit sighting of something otherworldly and unexplainable and show it or tell the story about it. Yeah, ridicule will come with both, but hoaxers that are ridiculed want the attention. They dont mind the negative perception since they are in the spot light. People that hoax the stuff do it in hopes of getting attention.
edit on 27-12-2011 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Lol funny thread

Thing is though, we need these YT videos because these videos could be something. Just because it shows a blurry dot in the sky doesn't mean that blurry dot is not something out of this world, pun intended.

So go on an continue to complain about things that won't change, and as far as I am concerned, shouldn't change.

There should be a section on ATS for pointless rants like this one.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
Lol funny thread

Thing is though, we need these YT videos because these videos could be something. Just because it shows a blurry dot in the sky doesn't mean that blurry dot is not something out of this world, pun intended.

So go on an continue to complain about things that won't change, and as far as I am concerned, shouldn't change.

There should be a section on ATS for pointless rants like this one.

-SAP-

its not a pointless rant

99.9999 per cent of things presented on the internet and youtube are total b.s

so how is this a pointless rant??

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Just to inform you admiralmary I'm not here to bash anyone. I also see you added me as a "rival" or "respected foe" which is fine, but I wasn't trying to be rude.

Next. How do you know that ALL of the videos you see are in FACT "b.s"? I will agree that there are many, many, many, horrible videos of UFOs and Chinese laterns, remote copters, swamp gas, ect ect ect.

I would like to know how you know for a FACT that 99.99% are total "b.s"...?

To me it just seemed like you were ranting. If you were not I am sorry, not here to offened or upset or bash anyone. Just a heads up.

-SAP-
edit on 27-12-2011 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Just to inform you admiralmary I'm not here to bash anyone. I also see you added me as a "rival" or "respected foe" which is fine, but I wasn't trying to be rude.

Next. How do you know that ALL of the videos you see are in FACT "b.s"? I will agree that there are man, man, many horrible videos of UFOs and Chinese latnerns, remote copters, swamp gas, ect ect ect.

I would like to know how you know for a FACT that 99.99% are total "b.s"...?

To me it just seemed like you were ranting. If you were not I am sorry, not here to offened or upset or bash anyone. Just a heads up.

-SAP-

hi its a case of been there done that
many many years of watching these so called `youtube` videos and these `project camelot` and `prophet yahwehs` etc..
going back to about 2005

very very rarely (besides say the turkey ufo alien thing), do you get anything even half interesting.

im sorry but i am not interested in dots or blurry points of lights in the sky or orbs,
and if in 2012 thats your holy grail, then your standards are very very low

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I understand the fact that most of it is pretty skecty and may look like crap. But as they say "you never know" and to me that is one of the best thoughts when looking over this material all together,

Understand too, there isn't much out there for credibilty as far as Ufology goes. People search and get little to no resaults so some people take what they can get and call then what it is.

Its okay though because I'll never stop looking and I'll watch every YT video because again "You never know".

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

For example: Would you be interested in the star of Bethlehem, that led the three wise men to Jesus's birth site?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

hi its a case of been there done that
many many years of watching these so called `youtube` videos and these `project camelot` and `prophet yahwehs` etc..
going back to about 2005

very very rarely (besides say the turkey ufo alien thing), do you get anything even half interesting.

im sorry but i am not interested in dots or blurry points of lights in the sky or orbs,
and if in 2012 thats your holy grail, then your standards are very very low

Personally i find that "lights" are the closest we will get for a while... i have seen many strange lights that i still cannot explain properly to this day, typically early morning hours high in the atmosphere on a clear night. I find lights intriguing in that it is easier to plot a path of the travelling object, which helps eliminate possible terrestrial objects (wiggly, eratic path cannot be not a airplane for example).

I would assume if there is something flying craft to and from the earth, then they are using some form of energy. As we know, energy typically produces some form of light or heat signature as a by product... i mention this for the sake of "lights" and the odd capture of something with a heat signature in the case of fighter pilot sightings. Because this makes perfect sense... as you simply cannot travel using energy without leaving behind some form by-product.

Whether these things are ETI or blackprojects being run by the world's militarys... it's hard to say as there is not alot of evidence for either of these "explanations" of what they could be.

I do hate youtube myself, as it has given jokers the opportunity to decieve people using cheap CAD/CAM/CGI software to produce something remeniscent of a video game scene.

Well, that's my opinion on the light-sightings.. i'm sure alot of video captures tend to be explainable (lanterns, planes, helicopters), but ater seeing some very freaky stuff myself in the past... i can tell you it isn't explainable all of the time. Alot of the "motive" for me to look up sightings of "lights" is to find similarity with objects i have witnessed myself... the day i find that (with a plausible explanation for what it could have been) then i will give up.

You should be.

If you are looking for entertainment from UFO videos, you will not find it unless of course you are looking up hollywood style events. Sometimes the most boring footage can be the most interesting find. Or the way i see it, sightings which are not recorded or photographed can be more interesting than the ones which managed to get onto film. Hearing an eye witness's personal story can be more credible than a piece of footage, even if the only thing they witnessed was a peculiar light.

If there is really something up there, such as ETI... they really wouldn't just reveal themselves or fly around in plain sight. Me, i do not believe or disbelieve in alien life... i'm sure it exists somewhere, just that i have no idea if it is visiting us as we speak. I do know however, if they managed to get 'here' they would be aware of staying hidden in the event we are a hostile race.

Anyway i didn't realise i had written that much above... but don't give up, lights can be interesting.

PS; i'd also like to point out, that the few times i have seen something very-weird, my initial reaction was to watch this thing until it left my sight... i wanted to focus on it for every second i could in the event it would drastically dissapear, not once has the thought crossed my mind of running inside to 'get a camera'. I understand why alot of sightings are not filmed or photographed, because i have been there a few times.
edit on 27/12/2011 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Sparky ships are in right now cause they can go so fast we will never know they exist.
That is why Von Braun had his saucers go slow around the Capital DC to tell the
Russians that the US has closed the saucer gap with Russia after both acquired the
work Germany did with the Tesla free energy ether science.
Ask anyone free energy is ether science and why the 1% of the 1% say it ain't so.

So to be seen the Tesla ships stay in hover and why most old photos came with
we didn't see anything in the sky. Now they spark away and who cares.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Really? really?

There is nothing I wouldn't do, that includes doing nothing, with agreeing. Project Camelot may find one good person or two, but the need for exploitation is high in this business (as Jim Sparks would put it form his own words). I believe in grey aliens, I believe in people like Bill Hamilton, I think I will get his book.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join