It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any peaceful way to just die in your sleep?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have asked that for many months. Sometimes it is time to leave. Leaving with a note is installing guilt.
If an individual starves their selves for a cause it is honorable. Suicide is considered dishonorable because of the "note" which transfers guilt.
My thought is to watch MR. MAGORIUM'S WONDER EMPORIUM. Scene 21. Although the story up to scene 21
would be most helpful. It is a children story on the surface, yet as an adult one can see much of the true nature of the question of this post.
Maybe tonight I will be granted the insight or not wake up.
Rich

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Mary,

I know what you mean, about people. Mean ppl suck. And I know what you mean about the mainstream media- with all of their negativity. It is possible to 'die to the world', but be alive to a different one.... all while not physically dying.

Here's some verses that relate to the dilemma. The first one sounds like you are already there:

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.
1 John 2:15-16

Maybe your being chosen by Jesus?

16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another. 18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world...
John 15:16-19a

If you're being chosen, then by definition 'the world' will not relate to a lot of what you communicate:

1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
1 John 3:1

If you're feeling a pull in this direction, pray to God and check out your local Assembly of God church. No, you don't have to go there for the rest of your life, but they are a good starting point.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
www.clarity-of-being.org...
This will help you achieve your desire, I am using it starting tonight.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I know the feeling - I kinda wish sometimes I could just lay down, close my eyes and not wake up again. It's certainly not a nice feeling but it's one that's always there still. I won't dwell on it much here though of course, but yeah, I guess I know the feeling.

It can be a tough old world sometimes..

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I've wished for years to fall asleep and not wake up.. nothing seems to calm the emptiness of being alone. And each year that comes seems to multiply the pain.

AdmiralMary had some encouraging words... Too bad I've felt with no purpose, life or ability to transform anything for a long long time

No, you cannot peacefully die in your sleep. If you could you already would.
So look within yourself and ask you, why do you choose to stay here?
You have a purpose, find it.
You have a life, live it.
You have the awesome power to transform the world around you, do it.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by admiralmary

You should play minecraft on peaceful you can live alone without violence drugs or alcohol and take your mind off the useless and destroyed world of today. works for me.
edit on 13-1-2014 by mouseman because: didnt write anything 1st time

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Do you people hear yourselves. I understand everyone has there own opinions but the fact is agree with the question or not it is hers to ask. And is there one of you people who have had the decency not to judge or be opinionated . I have never read a more straight forward request with clear guidelines about what she didn't want or need to be said. Has anyone though past the fact that they think there always right and instead of helping someone with a question continue to lecture. Lets say for a moment she really did just want to end it. YOU DON'T AGREE. I UNDERSTAND. THAN DON'T POST.
And others out there may not agree but would u really let your personal views rob someone in search of legit information. You dont know her life or her intentions. The fact is that if someone is asking for a question of medical knowledge its not your responsibility to judge. Alot of you say "I wont hep you kill yourself" And you are great people. So self righteous that u couldn't bare the thought of something happening u would never know about. No you people deffinitly have it right. Deny a person who kindley ask for information. No blood on your hands right. WRONG. So now that u have denied her any insight and denied her rights to ask for no lectures say she did want to end it. Well crap no one provided her with information so she just wings it. Now no shes not dead YOU SAVED HER. Na not dead. but in a hospital bed with her insides roting and no brain waves. dying the most painfull death you could imagine. And her family u so bodly saved from tragadey???? Your so right!!I bet the fact that they now know she attempted suicide and failed. and instead of moving on in peace and without pain is withering away in front of them for a year in the worst pain that you could imagine. Im sure they would want that more. Sometimes i wish you people would shut the hell up and just help people that have the courage to ask. I dont want to die...today any way...but my brother did. He went on sites like this for weeks. And he truly would have been at peace. suffering from three of the most painful diesease u could think of. lost two legs in the war. only option to wait a couple years never leaving a hospital bed or seeing a loved one due to me still being over seas and are only family dead. He finally passed away after three years. For the last year i went to see him every day. And every single day my own brother begged me for mercy and asked me to end the pain. i talked to my lawyer and didnt see a way to help him without serving some major time so i could not. But hey.....At least you people felt better about yourselves because you wouldnt share information that could have saved a war hero fighting for your freedom three years of torture. Yep your right He didnt deserve to go in his sleep and be with his loved ones. UGHH u people make me sick. Hun if you read this post to it and if you need to know something i will do my best to inform you. i dont know your life and would hate for you to waste it. But because i dont know your life its not my call if you are wasting it. Its yours. And for all u idiots. If someone truly wants to commit suicide do you think your words (the words of judgemental strangers will stop them. Because i dont. I think more likeley what happened to my brother will happen again. And my friends. That is somethinig i would never be able to live with myself about. not the information to help someone with rights make there own decision with there own lives.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join