It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: The Second Rome?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i have been thingking alot on this subject here recently. america is the most powerful nation on earth, we have the most powerful military with the best weapons and the best trained troops. we are one of the richst nations on the planet and one of the best educated societies ever, only europe rivles us. we have put a man on the moon and we have the only reusable space vehical.

but this is nothing to where we are headed. the united states is on a gradual decline, like the roman empire (once the greatest nation on earth) it may not seem like much now, but the decline will pick up steam and before you know it were FUBAR. there is nothing we can do but to get back morals that have been lost, and to get rid of bipartisan politics so we can work together. politics is the main reason that the country is in this condition. and it needs to stop. we need to get rid of a represenative demoracy and go to a true demoracy. sure it may take longer to get stuff passed, but we wouldnt have to worry about politics getting in the way. people can actually voice what they want to say. the onlyt thing congress would be used for is would be used to declare war. also i see the terrorist today as the barbarians that brought down the mighty roman empire. if the politics dont stop, the barbarians will win. simple as that. the reason is some people want to fight them before they strike, otheres want to let them strike and then fight them, and those who want to wait also want to ask permission to fight them from the international community. politics wil be the end of this country. after all rome had a reprentive senate "chosen smong the people to speak for the people." BULL#. all poloticians now have party agendas to meet. i say give control to this country to the people. the people know how it really is. POLITICS MUST DIE!

call me crazy if you want, im waiting for what you all think.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
politics wil be the end of this country. after all rome had a reprentive senate "chosen smong the people to speak for the people." BULL#. all poloticians now have party agendas to meet. i say give control to this country to the people. the people know how it really is. POLITICS MUST DIE!

Politics is democracy and without democracy you either get Facism, Communism or Anarchism

none of which is good for a country

what you mean is that American is the Fourth Reich

First Reich = Roman Empire
Second Reich = British Empire
Third Reich = Nazi Germany (semi-created)
Fourth Reich = ?????? i don't think there is one yet

join