It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really Happened in Roswell 1947?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by Illustronic

This is a very good question. I don't know how seriously you take the Disclosure Project? A lot of people recoil at the mention of the charming Dr Greer, however there is some very good witness testimony recorded by them.

Forget Greer, he's not the point, the witnesses are. That is, the witnesses and the ability to examine their testimony.

Some of them, when examined, failed miserably. Some have nothing more than their word. I don't know of a one who produces any evidence that is definitive.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveToSpendIt

Originally posted by Cosmic911

What do ATS members really think occurred in Roswell in 1947? At the end of the day I can't honestly say with any certainty what happened. Where does the evidence point? What do you think?

The evidence, what little there is, points to a terrestrial craft. Read Joseph P. Farrell.

I don't agree, there is evidence that some craft may be of terrestrial origin, as Farrell theorises, but his theories cannot explain the plethora of witness tesstimony available. Please don't get me wrong, I mean no offense, but stating something like all UFO incidents involve Nazi tech and/or it's derivatives is like saying every fish in the sea is a makerel.
edit on 26-12-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

This is a very good question. I don't know how seriously you take the Disclosure Project? A lot of people recoil at the mention of the charming Dr Greer, however there is some very good witness testimony recorded by them.

Forget Greer, he's not the point, the witnesses are. That is, the witnesses and the ability to examine their testimony.

Some of them, when examined, failed miserably. Some have nothing more than their word. I don't know of a one who produces any evidence that is definitive.

I don't think any of them can produce evidence. But, some of them reported complete cold shut-down of nuclear ballistic missile sites after UFO reporting...I wonder if there is any record of those, if indeed, those were true?
edit on 26-12-2011 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt

Yes, you are right but this subject has never been one of absolutes, take it or leave it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

This has been confirmed, with the freedom of information act.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

What do ATS members really think occurred in Roswell in 1947? At the end of the day I can't honestly say with any certainty what happened. Where does the evidence point? What do you think?

The evidence, what little there is, points to a terrestrial craft. Read Joseph P. Farrell.

I don't agree, there is evidence that some craft may be of terrestrial origin, as Farrell theorises, but his theories cannot explain the plethora of witness tesstimony available. Please don't get me wrong, I mean no offense, but stating something like all UFO incidents involve Nazi tech and/or it's derivatives is like saying every fish in the sea is a makerel.

Farrell deals in evidence. His extrapolations are his own. the evidence he presents is that Roswell craft was terrestrial, he extrapolates that it is Nazi tech just like you - wrongfully - extrapolated what my post claims.

99% of what I have read about Roswell is extrapolation and it doesn't make it any more evidential that there are numerous, mostly dissimilar, reports about what happened there.

"She saw, he said" is just that. Believe who you want but it does not make for scientific evidence.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Don't confuse me with a 'believer'. I just find this subject fascinating. If you want to bring this thread to a 'show me the evidence' one then off you go, I won't repond. Salut.

Edit: I did wrongly assume your original post meant UFO's in general and not just the Roswell incident.
edit on 26-12-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

As unlikely it would seem that such advanced tech would leave room for accidents like this, I should point out that overconfidence leads to carelessness, even wrecklessness. And many helicopter pilots in the Vietnam war didn't bother coordinating with artillary but just depended on the long odds against getting hit.

And about the hike idea, people could do it for the experience and just to be able to say they participated in some boots-on-the-ground research. And, as mentioned, there are some little things to be found out there, as well, like meterorites, Spanish gold, diamonds, whatever. And for the main search target, the stakes are very high. They may have dropped more than magic foil, which would be valuable enough. There could be an alien tricorder or medical probe out there.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I don't think any of them can produce evidence. But, some of them reported complete cold shut-down of nuclear ballistic missile sites after UFO reporting...I wonder if there is any record of those, if indeed, those were true?

There's no way of knowing since the records of such events are classified (as of this writing).

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm split on this.

On one hand, any high tech equipment not immediately identifiable may look alien to civilians. So I can't eliminate Military tech,Foreign or Domestic.

Flying saucers were in the news often. That probably added to the story a bit.

Though the stories from local people who lived through those times are pretty sure something "different" happened.

edit on 26-12-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

There's no way of knowing since the records of such events are classified (as of this writing).

I certainly don't know as to the authenticity of this but Mr Salas seems to have obtained the documents: Source

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I have heard that these we declassified but I have never been presented with verifiable documents that agree with Salas' conclusions or reports.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I have heard that these we declassified but I have never been presented with verifiable documents that agree with Salas' conclusions or reports.

I guess that combined with Salas' testimony these documents provide 'strong' evidence, providing he is not crazy or lying. As to whether the guards, if Salas' story is to be believed, were seeing something of terrestrial origin hovering outside the front gate at the time the missiles went down....well, maybe we should ask Joeseph

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I guess that combined with Salas' testimony these documents provide 'strong' evidence, providing he is not crazy or lying. As to whether the guards, if Salas' story is to be believed, were seeing something of terrestrial origin hovering outside the front gate at the time the missiles went down....well, maybe we should ask Joeseph

If I had to bet, I would bet Salas isn't lying. But this isn't about betting not when you are talking about events that could well be, if true and supported as proved, the most important in the History of Man.

It's about verification. It's about Truth.

Farrell, Dolan, a few others deal in facts. Evidence you can rely. They also extrapolate from their own evidences and when they do, you will know it, they are very clear about separating opinion and fact. Since they start with extremely thorough research, and take an intellectual, scientifically-minded approach, I have the tendencies to fall more inline with their extrapolations than others.

Folks who take facts and jump to conclusions so that one is seamed together with the other are a**clowns that should be shot on sight.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I find Salas to be an honest man, he doesn't fit the profile of a profiteer or attention seeker.
I haven't read any of Farrell's books, but I've listened to a handfull of interviews with him. I did hear in one interview with Farrell that he believes Nazi tech(and/or it's derivatives) to be the cause of pretty much all UFO sightings, he said this in an off-hand way if my memory serves me rightly, this is obviously something I disagree with, but I do respect him as a researcher, and I do intend to read SS Brotherhood Of The Bell when I get a chance.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I find Salas to be an honest man, he doesn't fit the profile of a profiteer or attention seeker.
I haven't read any of Farrell's books, but I've listened to a handfull of interviews with him. I did hear in one interview with Farrell that he believes Nazi tech(and/or it's derivatives) to be the cause of pretty much all UFO sightings, he said this in an off-hand way if my memory serves me rightly, this is obviously something I disagree with, but I do respect him as a researcher, and I do intend to read SS Brotherhood Of The Bell when I get a chance.

Farrell has been clear; he is not of the opinion that does or does not include ETs and certainly not of one that relies on Nazi technology entirely to explain UFO/USOs.

His extrapolation regarding Nazi tech is entirely about Roswell where he says that he has not found, nor have I, any evidence that cannot be explained by Nazi Bell-like technology and any occurrence of spacecraft that would require extraterrestrial level (unknown to man) expertise.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Given that the nature of the Roswell incident is purely witness testimony, how does Farrell account for the reports of alien bodies?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Given that the nature of the Roswell incident is purely witness testimony, how does Farrell account for the reports of alien bodies?

The same way he (and I) account for any witness testimony that has nothing more than the testimony as its basis. Nice but not evidential.

You see, it makes no difference what the subject is. Testimony is testimony, nothing else.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
I would like to pose one serious question, it is pretty well known no intelligent extraterrestrial life exists in our solar system other than here, earth. So apparently an extraterrestrial alien craft would have to come from many light years distant.
That is such a confident assertion. It could also be completely wrong. We don't know. That's why NASA are planning to travel to Europa to look. That is why we are still looking. We know hardly anything about "out there".

For me the core question is this: why did the Airforce announce the capture of a flying disk in the first place? It doesn't prove anything I know, but it also doessn't make sense, "Hey sarge! What? We got a farmer found some debris in his field. Ok get it out on the wire that we done got ourselves a bonfide flying saucer!"
Nobody has come up with a satisfactory answer to that question yet.

Not in every case it doesn't!

Some of the early assessments by the Pentagon were that some UFOs were likely Extraterrestrial in origin - which was long before we had technology with that capacity. It sounds like you are not familiar with a lot of the evidence.

I don't think any of them can produce evidence. But, some of them reported complete cold shut-down of nuclear ballistic missile sites after UFO reporting...
Testimony is evidence. What they haven't produced is proof, which is something very different.

Farrell deals in evidence. His extrapolations are his own. the evidence he presents is that Roswell craft was terrestrial, he extrapolates that it is Nazi tech just like you - wrongfully - extrapolated what my post claims.
Farrell also proves nothing, be it in a scientific way or any other.

Farrell has been clear; he is not of the opinion that does or does not include ETs and certainly not of one that relies on Nazi technology entirely to explain UFO/USOs.

His extrapolation regarding Nazi tech is entirely about Roswell where he says that he has not found, nor have I, any evidence that cannot be explained by Nazi Bell-like technology and any occurrence of spacecraft that would require extraterrestrial level (unknown to man) expertise.
I can just as easily say that he has not found any evidence that cannot be explained by Extraterrestrial Spacecraft.

As for not finding, "any occurrence of spacecraft that would require extraterrestrial level (unknown to man) expertise." Take a look at the thread below. He hasn't done his homework!

The Day Before Roswell

.... ex military, states that our radar interfered with their(ET's) flight systems when they were at low altitude.
This could be the explanation for me - if it was ET.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

You say what is alien? Alien is high rank military officers of top secret security clearance telling you that they saw bodies which were insectlike, having large white heads, with large black eyes. The same beings started abducting people in the USA 5 years later and got caught 10 years later, then they really got caught in the late 70s early 80s by multiple different lengths, then, they kept on abducting people, then, they may have extended their operations and decreased operations in the USA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join