It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really Happened in Roswell 1947?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Being a 17 year Air Force type...I dealt with classified and secret quite a bit. If this big dumb farmer found a box or some sticks etc. hand it over have a nice day no lives threatened. Based on my experience there was something there beyond balloon debris and a box with sensing equipment a farmer would give two craps about. I refer back to my prior post the Air Force admitted there was a crash of some sort with bodies since they said people mistook their dummies for occupants. Your assessment and hypothesis on Brazel might be spot on. But my spider sense is tweaking big time. Not say it was aliens or flying saucers just saying something occurred beyond a balloon crash.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Darkstar12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2012 by Darkstar12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
reply to post by Cosmic911

Hey Cosmi911--

Check out these photos :

www.earthfiles.com...

Then take a very close look at the TELEX in the hands of General Ramey in the 'crashed' BW weather balloon pics - there are letters that can be read...

Here is a transcript of the US Army Communique dated 9 July 1947 – ( a few hours before football legend Orenthal James ("OJ") Simpson was born…hmmm) which was digitally-enlarged using the most recent Computer Enhancement Techniques (sort of using CIA photo-technology against them…) and can now be read.

It seems from the US ARMY Communique that a ‘DISK’ with ‘VICTIMS OF THE WRECK’ were recovered by the US Army then shipped to Wright Field via Fort Worth TX which aligns with what Lt Phillip Corso wrote in his book THE DAY AFTER ROSWELL…and that the Weather Baloon Story was all a big cover….

ENLARGED TEXT # 1

[…that some o]F THE AVIATORS IN THE “DISK” THEY WILL SHIP FOR: A1 – 8th Army AMMC BY B-29 ST [special transport?] OR BY c-47 WRIGHT AF [B] stop.

ASSIST FLY OUT AT ROSWELL A[F]B stop.

ASSSURE THAT CIC TEAMS SAID THIS – WHICH MIS-STATES MEANING OF STORY & THINK LATER TODAY NEXT SEND OUT PR RELEASE OF WEATHER BALLOONS WWOULD FARE BETTER IF THEY ADDED – LAND D E M or a W I N

- Ramey”

ENLARGED TEXT # 2

“…FWAAF [Fort Worth Army Air Field?] ACKNOWLEDGES THAT A ‘DISK’ WAS LATER RECOVERED – NEXT TO NEW FIND WEST OF THE CORDON stop

IN ADDITION WAS A ‘POD’ NEAR OPERATION AT T.R.I. ‘RANCH’ WHERE WAS FOUND VICTIMS OF THE WRECK YOU FORWARDED TO ARMY SAS AT FWAFF

- Ramey”

UNQUOTE

Am I the ONLY one who sees & smells a BIG Smoking Gun here?

Well, in the humble Opinion of this ole ATS member - something's rotten in the 'State' of Roswell.... !!!!
edit on 22-1-2012 by Sigismundus because: stuttering commmmputeerrrrr

Yes, the military found a disc and moved it to Los Alamos National Laboratory.

Yes, they tried to cover it up. I would have done the exact same thing in July 1947.

The Top Hat Spacecraft was probably eventually moved to the S4 hangers.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

Greetings,

The Reason.......... the russian T-50 fifth gen fighter is coming so late after F-22 because....... it was started after 2k with signing of joint defence treaty between Russia and India....... It is being developed jointly by Russia and India..... both are going use there best tech..........

Have Fun,
Primus

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Greetings,

I think this guy you talk about......... as controlled leak......... The govt want to seek attn to Area 51 because it is of no use anymore........ they might have developed better facility in other place......... and perhaps people were zoning on the new location hence the new misinformation.........

Have Fun,
Primus

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Darkstar12:

As I said in my previous post, I use the Occams Razor approach, if my hypothesis and analysis of Brazel's statement is indeed spot on, thats that, there's no need to consider anything else, whatever it was, it wasn't an extraterrestrial spacecraft. Line through it, new business.

Eurisko2012:

If this is indeed what the piece of paper has written on it, it's probably due to one of the following:

1) It's been fiddled with using modern technology, when was this new "evidence" discovered?

2) As this was the height of the cold war the Americans took advantage of the situation to make the Russians think they had got hold some some truly spectacular technology, a bit of psychological warfare.

3) Simple mis-communication, "Chinese whispers" between the field and HQ on the day. I'm sure you can relate to that Darkstar12.

When it comes to Corso's book I have put my opinion elsewhere on this site but I will repeat it here.

I have read Corso's book and think it is so full of holes you could use it as a colander. This is what I think happened:

Corso wrote his military memoirs which he got endorsements from Senator Thurmond and others for. He then took it to his publisher who told him it was as dull as ditch-water, and that he would probably sell 3 copies, all to his mother.

The publisher noticed Corso had worked in Air Material Command and asked him if he knew anything about the "Roswell Incident". I suspect Corso's reply was something like, "what the hell's the Roswell incident", to which the publisher said something like, "shame if you had been involved in that it would have been a best seller".

The publisher gave Corso the Roswell story, and...lo and behold the revised Corso memoirs appear with all this alien nonsense. Endorsements from Thurmond and others are withdrawn etc. Google that, Thurmond said "the book that Corso published was not the book I saw and endorsed".

In the book Corso states "we are fighting a skirmish war with extraterrestrials". Codswallop! Anyone with an IQ score larger than their shoe size is going to know if we were fighting any kind of war with extraterrestrials we would get creamed, quite convincingly, we wouldn't stand a chance.

He talks of hollow fiber optic cables, codswallop! fiber optic cables aren't hollow, a hollow tube could never work as a fiber optic cable. He talks of bending gravity with electro-magnetism, and again, codswallop. And so it goes on. Still his book wasn't a complete waste of money, it's just the right thickness to stop my table wobbling.

Do any of you like to read novels about this sort of thing, mines on amazon for 99c at the moment, I would be curios too see if anyone on here would think this would pass as a true story, the more I read on here the more convinced I become that it would.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

What do ATS members really think occurred in Roswell in 1947? At the end of the day I can't honestly say with any certainty what happened. Was it alien? Perhaps an alien probe? Was there bodies? Or was it something less "alien" and more terrestrial, like captured Nazi rocket technology?

What is the verdict on Corso and Marcel?

For certain I can state with confidence that 1) There is a conspiracy to conceal the truth and 2) Something crashed in the desert in 1947.

Where does the evidence point? What do you think?

I wasn't really going to get involved with this thread 'cause my views are not of a believer and, therefore, are considered radical. I've caught a lot of heat but it's always been from die-hard believers to whom evidence is immaterial.

I'll tell you what I think happened near Roswell. It's 1947 and we're a couple of years into the cold war with Russia and its allies and Russia has and is developing nuclear weapons. Both sides are spying on each other with rudimentary, unsophisticated methods. We want to know what the Russians are doing but this is before satellites and even the Lockheed U-2. The existing reconnaissance aircraft, primarily bombers converted for reconnaissance duty, were vulnerable to anti-aircraft artillery, missiles, and fighters.

Cut to the chase. I have never accepted the romantic tale of a crashed saucer whose debris was sent to a base and the saucer occupants pickled and sent somewhere. All of this started approximately in 1978 when Stanton Friedman published his "research" and nobody looked back since then.

The real characters and what they found have taken a backseat to fantasy, because the fantasy sells better than the facts and no one wants to accept the facts since the facts violate the believers' desire to be fooled by "figures of authority".

The bottom line is that no matter what you read and who wrote it, there is no evidence for a crashed saucer not only near Roswell but anywhere else on Earth. IMO, the best source for what could closest to the truth can be found in "Roswell : Inconvenient Facts and the Will to Believe" by the late Karl T. Pflock. It may not be 100% factual but the popular fantasy is 0%!

Watch the floodgates open with all kinds of replies assaulting my views from those whose view I wouldn't give 2 cents for! Watch for the tons of replies that will include "documents". Finally, consider the mentality of those supporting a saucer crash!

There wasn't a single witness to the "crash". But now there are more "witnesses" most of whom were not even born at the time! The majority of "witnesses" can be honestly called bs artists.

edit on 9-3-2012 by The Shrike because: To add comment.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

What do ATS members really think occurred in Roswell in 1947? At the end of the day I can't honestly say with any certainty what happened. Was it alien? Perhaps an alien probe? Was there bodies? Or was it something less "alien" and more terrestrial, like captured Nazi rocket technology?

For certain I can state with confidence that 1) There is a conspiracy to conceal the truth and 2) Something crashed in the desert in 1947.

I wasn't really going to get involved with this thread 'cause my views are not of a believer and, therefore, are considered radical. I've caught a lot of heat but it's always been from die-hard believers to whom evidence is immaterial.

All of this started approximately in 1978 when Stanton Friedman published his "research" and nobody looked back since then.

Got a source and date to cite for this "published research"?

The real characters and what they found have taken a backseat to fantasy, because the fantasy sells better than the facts.

Again... got some names to cite?

"The real characters" say nothing even close to what you are saying.

Your posts are big on generalities and zero with the facts.

And your generalities are not based on the facts, which must be the reason for lack of citation.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by A51Watcher

Originally posted by The Shrike

All of this started approximately in 1978 when Stanton Friedman published his "research" and nobody looked back since then.

Got a source and date to cite for this "published research"?

The real characters and what they found have taken a backseat to fantasy, because the fantasy sells better than the facts.

Again... got some names to cite?

"The real characters" say nothing even close to what you are saying.

Your posts are big on generalities and zero with the facts.

And your generalities are not based on the facts, which must be the reason for lack of citation.

You obviously have a chip on your shoulder and you don't sound like you know anything about the Roswell event, the most famous hoax in history. Earn your wings. Do some research. You sound like you buy the crashed saucer tale. Just go to Google, type in "Roswell" and you'll get all of the published research, all of the names, whatever you want. What do I look like, Anunaki10?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Nope. I asked you to cite a source and date for his alleged published research on that case on the date you mentioned because there IS NONE.

You are the one who is ignorant of the facts of this case.

Pointing to google is not citing a source.

YOU are the one who stated "This all began..."

Now the onus is on you to back it up with a source to prove it.

You can't because that is NOT how it all began.

I happen to exactly what and when Stanton's involvement was, because he explained it to me in person.

Go google THAT.

edit on 9-3-2012 by A51Watcher because: the usual

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Nope. I asked you to cite a source and date for his alleged published research on that case on the date you mentioned because there IS NONE.

You are the one who is ignorant of the facts of this case.

Pointing to google is not citing a source.

YOU are the one who stated "This all began..."

Now the onus is on you to back it up with a source to prove it.

You can't because that is NOT how it all began.

I happen to exactly what and when Stanton's involvement was, because he explained it to me in person.

Go google THAT.

edit on 9-3-2012 by A51Watcher because: the usual

From Wikipedia:

The first book on the subject, The Roswell Incident by Charles Berlitz and William L. Moore, was published in 1980. The authors at the time said they had interviewed more than ninety witnesses. Though uncredited, Stanton Friedman did substantial research for the book.]/u]

What's a couple of years between friends?

edit on 9-3-2012 by The Shrike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Bummer for you that wiki is the only source you found whilst googling.

If Stanton did "substantial research" for the book why is his name not on it?

Why does he recieve no royalties?

Oh I see, he did all this substantial research and then handed it over to Moore and Berlitz to publish a book on?

Sorry that's not even close to how it happened.

Once again, where and when is Stanton's first "published material" on Roswell?

It's quite a bit more than "a few years".

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I certainly agree on the Corso book being loaded with huge holes.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Bummer for you that wiki is the only source you found whilst googling.

If Stanton did "substantial research" for the book why is his name not on it?

Why does he recieve no royalties?

Oh I see, he did all this substantial research and then handed it over to Moore and Berlitz to publish a book on?

Sorry that's not even close to how it happened.

Once again, where and when is Stanton's first "published material" on Roswell?

It's quite a bit more than "a few years"

Nothing about Friedman is news any longer. It's on the internet. His feud with Moore is nothing new. I used Wiki 'cause it's smack in front of your face. I don't badmouth wiki. It's a source. It's up to the person to verify, if interested in pursuing it. I found out about Roswell in 1957 from an Air Force captain. When the first book appeared I read it and follow-ups by everybody and their uncle.

Stanton Friedman cannot be counted on for facts. He is not out to prove Roswell really was a hoax, that doesn't sell books or gets you in front of a gullible audience. I met Stanton in 1978 and 1979. But I'm not picking on him because there are a ton such as him. BS sells. He's happy.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

That's ok. Dodging the question is fine. Thanks for confirming that -

You can't answer the question.

You can't cite a source.

You don't know what your talking about.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's obvious the government has lied repeatedly about Roswell. There was and still is an active conspiracy to keep the truth hidden. What could have been so above top secret that it remains a secret after over 60 years has passed?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

It's obvious the government has lied repeatedly about Roswell. There was and still is an active conspiracy to keep the truth hidden. What could have been so above top secret that it remains a secret after over 60 years has passed?

Your expressed opinion results from not having done any research. Is ignorance really bliss?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

What I think really happened is, the U.S Gov really did find something, most likely a top secret German aircraft.
edit on 11-3-2012 by cowDrinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
[more

More unfounded replies from The Shrike.

Not once in my reply did I mention UFOs, did I? Im not 100% certain what happened. No one is but the people involved. Its fact that the USAF changed their story multiple times. You going to try to debunk that? When you ASSume, guess what? You are so blinded by your own ignorance that you have stopped listening.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join