It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really Happened in Roswell 1947?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
Well, as I mentioned once before, if whatever it was really left the debris that Jesse Marcel and his son described, that probably wasn't the whole craft, and it probably continued on, in which case it most likely would have dropped a few more scraps, which might still be out there and not deeply buried but covered by an inch or so of sand. It's a lot of area to cover, but a group of people who feel like taking a long hike through the desert along the presumed flight path could do a search even now. That seems to me more promising than excavating the area of the debris field itself. There might have been an aerial search for anything highly reflective after the incident, but the wind could have already blown sand over such scraps. And the wind might have even carried a few scraps away from the debris field itself, never to be found--yet. At least it's a potential new area of investigation, albeit a laborious and not very promising one. If the debris was biodegradable or retrieved later by aliens, or it the Marcels were lying, then there's nothing to find.

That's an interesting take on things, that there might debris still out there. We know for a fact that crashes are difficult to completely "sanitize." There are crash impacts where experimental aircraft (SR-71) still have debris.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

That's an interesting take on things, that there might debris still out there. We know for a fact that crashes are difficult to completely "sanitize." There are crash impacts where experimental aircraft (SR-71) still have debris.

There have apparently been a lot of people out at the crash site over the years with metal detecors and such, I read somewhere that a guy turned up a small piece of some odd alloy. There is the story of there being two crash sites, a debris fiels and then another crash-site where the actual craft came down, I've even heard somwhere that two craaft may have crashed that day?
edit on 26-12-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

There are other major companies in the area in metallurgy and R&D around here also with government contract ties, I wish to stay as anonymous as possible, by not pinning the tail on the proverbial donkey so to speak. I can however lend to the speculative nature of the subject with (little) known facts I may or may have not have come across from a pedestrian interest in the topic.

I meant no offense.

I'm just pointing out something tangible, and perhaps, not of extraterrestrial origin, perhaps so.

Would it help that I sensed a glaze in the eyes of people who I spoke to about those studies with at work?

Sometimes some scientists can be more receptive of the idea of extraterrestrial visitation than the average Joe, I find some humor in that.

Take for instance, how Michio Kaku sounds once he got on TV, the wild speculations that Gulf War One oil well fires would create a nuclear winter that Carl Sagan warned us about (RIP). Sometimes they go overboard. Most are grounded on E=MC^2 works.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
The Russian mutant theory? that's a new one!

For me the core question is this: why did the Airforce announce the capture of a flying disk in the first place? It doesn't prove anything I know, but it also doessn't make sense, "Hey sarge! What? We got a farmer found some debris in his field. Ok get it out on the wire that we done got ourselves a bonfide flying saucer!"

Yes. To me, the real story is the first story! Unadultered and unedited!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

There are other major companies in the area in metallurgy and R&D around here also with government contract ties, I wish to stay as anonymous as possible, by not pinning the tail on the proverbial donkey so to speak. I can however lend to the speculative nature of the subject with (little) known facts I may or may have not have come across from a pedestrian interest in the topic.

I meant no offense.

I'm just pointing out something tangible, and perhaps, not of extraterrestrial origin, perhaps so.

Would it help that I sensed a glaze in the eyes of people who I spoke to about those studies with at work?

Sometimes some scientists can be more receptive of the idea of extraterrestrial visitation than the average Joe, I find some humor in that.

Take for instance, how Michio Kaku sounds once he got on TV, the wild speculations that Gulf War One oil well fires would create a nuclear winter that Carl Sagan warned us about (RIP). Sometimes they go overboard. Most are grounded on E=MC^2 works.

"Would it help that I sensed a glaze in the eyes of people who I spoke to about those studies with at work?"

That's interesting...and point taken...

I have a friend who works for a major defense contractor. He has told me over the years three things: 1) We have hardware, 2) We are trying to make it work on our technology, & 3) There are no bodies. I have no reason to doubt him. I don't believe he has anything to gain by lying. I don't think he is spreading disinformation.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is UFO primer stuff...look up crash at Aztec NM same time frame.....
Nitinol indeed was a result of Battelles contract work for the gov boys....
I am rather depressed that P Corso passed so soon as he may have been able top tel;l us much more(very likely held back much)
I believe he was tryng to force disclosure single handedly but couldnt surmount our wall of indifference.
Denial is the one real obstacle in the whole saucer story.....
The proof is there and in sufficient quantity to choke a horse.....
We are in severe denial.
Just try thinking along the lines of they are really really here.....despite everything they are really here.....
See how quickly your own mind betrays your supposition?
cheers s

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Very true, a debris field in the Andes of 20 or so years ago was finally discovered. I saw a TV episode on that I can't recall details about. But one has to know metal detector technology is old, and I see old folks on the beach with some devices that work. I believe you will find meteorites before any Roswell wreckage if you go there. The Air Force has access to heavy equipment.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Very true, a debris field in the Andes of 20 or so years ago was finally discovered. I saw a TV episode on that I can't recall details about. But one has to know metal detector technology is old, and I see old folks on the beach with some devices that work. I believe you will find meteorites before any Roswell wreckage if you go there. The Air Force has access to heavy equipment.

I would have loved to see that episode. We are constantly making new discoveries. Just when we think we know everything, there it is...something new! It's very exciting.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Have you ever heard Wendelle Stevens' story about a certain Conor O'Ryan?
Witness testimony it is, and hardly 'hard evidence'. O'Ryan claims to have been a special forces seal team member and a security guard at S4. Part of his testimony is that there are containers on display there that hold the remains of 3(I think) beings from "the crash in '47". Worth having a look at.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

What do ATS members really think occurred in Roswell in 1947? At the end of the day I can't honestly say with any certainty what happened. Was it alien? Perhaps an alien probe? Was there bodies? Or was it something less "alien" and more terrestrial, like captured Nazi rocket technology?

What is the verdict on Corso and Marcel?

For certain I can state with confidence that 1) There is a conspiracy to conceal the truth and 2) Something crashed in the desert in 1947.

Where does the evidence point? What do you think?

really?
i think you created this thread for the sake of it
like otheres have said there are hundreds of threads on here discussing it
and thousands of forums and websites discussing it

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Have you ever heard Wendelle Stevens' story about a certain Conor O'Ryan?
Witness testimony it is, and hardly 'hard evidence'. O'Ryan claims to have been a special forces seal team member and a security guard at S4. Part of his testimony is that there are containers on display there that hold the remains of 3(I think) beings from "the crash in '47". Worth having a look at.

Thanks for the info. I will look into that. Sounds interesting.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

It's a very long series, be warned, but worth viewing.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I would like to pose one serious question, it is pretty well known no intelligent extraterrestrial life exists in our solar system other than here, earth. So apparently an extraterrestrial alien craft would have to come from many light years distant. How confident are you that such a technology that is able to interstellar travel would also crash into a planet. OK let's consider it was just a probe, sent before their technology progressed or from an alien planet millenniums deceased already since they launched a space probe 9 hundred thousand years ago. Also consider we have no verifiable proof of extraterrestrial visitation we can go to a museum and touch/look at.

But how confident would you really be is proposing that an interstellar spacecraft would be so careless as to crash into a planet under advanced extraterrestrial alien life control?

My answer is slim to none.

[snip]
edit on 26-12-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I would like to pose one serious question, it is pretty well known no intelligent extraterrestrial life exists in our solar system other than here, earth. So apparently an extraterrestrial alien craft would have to come from many light years distant. How confident are you that such a technology that is able to interstellar travel would also crash into a planet. OK let's consider it was just a probe, sent before their technology progressed or from an alien planet millenniums deceased already since they launched a space probe 9 hundred thousand years ago. Also consider we have no verifiable proof of extraterrestrial visitation we can go to a museum and touch/look at.

But how confident would you really be is proposing that an interstellar spacecraft would be so careless as to crash into a planet under advanced extraterrestrial alien life control?

My answer is slim to none.
[snip]

I agree. Come all this way just to crash...he he...slim to none is right. I have to say that its more plausible that alien life exists, than alien life exists, travelled here, and subsequently crashed landed. lol

But, to play devil's advocate, we are looking at space and distance and time from our point of view. Perhaps all those light years are meaningless to another species or technology. Remember the movie Contact?

edit on 26-12-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

There have apparently been a lot of people out at the crash site over the years with metal detecors and such, I read somewhere that a guy turned up a small piece of some odd alloy. There is the story of there being two crash sites, a debris fiels and then another crash-site where the actual craft came down, I've even heard somwhere that two craaft may have crashed that day?

Have you seen UFO Hunters on the history channel? full episode of a good one can be found here:
www.disclose.tv...

It covers the 'supposed' second crash site at roswell, very interesting. I hadn't actually heard of a second site before watching that a few weeks back. They actually visit the site with equipment (metal detectors, etc). You should check it out if you haven't already.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

This is a very good question. I don't know how seriously you take the Disclosure Project? A lot of people recoil at the mention of the charming Dr Greer, however there is some very good witness testimony recorded by them. One such witness(I'll try to dig up his name and the clip), ex military, states that our radar interfered with their(ET's) flight systems when they were at low altitude. Now however implausible this may sound it is still something that could happen, and apparently did. Yes Occam's razor is nowhere to be seen here, I know, but if we're going to entertain the notion of ET visitation, we might as well entertain the idea that their tech has it's(unforeseen) vulnerabilities?

Skip to 20:37, Master Chief Sergeant Daniel Salter:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Thank's for the link. I can't remember where I heard the 'two crash sites' story, I believe there is a book written by somebody, somewhere

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The Russian mutant theory? that's a new one!

For me the core question is this: why did the Airforce announce the capture of a flying disk in the first place? It doesn't prove anything I know, but it also doessn't make sense, "Hey sarge! What? We got a farmer found some debris in his field. Ok get it out on the wire that we done got ourselves a bonfide flying saucer!"

That Russian mutant theory takes the cake! A+ for originality!! lol

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

What do ATS members really think occurred in Roswell in 1947? At the end of the day I can't honestly say with any certainty what happened. Where does the evidence point? What do you think?

The evidence, what little there is, points to a terrestrial craft. Read Joseph P. Farrell.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I would like to pose one serious question, it is pretty well known no intelligent extraterrestrial life exists in our solar system other than here, earth.

Known? To whom? I don't know it. What evidence do you have to support such a preposterous statement?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join