It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really Happened in Roswell 1947?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
We'll probably never know what happened at Roswell. When there is no hard proof of anything and only stories from "witnesses", then all one can do is speculate.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
When there is no hard proof of anything and only stories from "witnesses", then all one can do is speculate.

Roswell debris tested , and Batelle Scientist Elroy John Center cenfessed to have analyzed the Roswell alien debris

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
We'll probably never know what happened at Roswell. When there is no hard proof of anything and only stories from "witnesses", then all one can do is speculate.

Or wonder through the desert looking for one scrap of debris they missed.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
Have you considered the large possibility that the B-29 was not producing desired results, and thus scientists needed to test other methods that would produce much better data for them to analyse?

You're obviously so 'traumatized' and blinded by the Shadow Government's Mogul Project "pull the wool over the eyes of the public" campaign that you're not even able to see the logic of using Alaska as location to detect Soviet nuclear bomb testings!!!
Poor you, don't you really see the logic of using Alaska as location which is far closer to the Soviet Union to operate from there, rather than using New Mexico as location? Do you really think that the military is that stupid to use New Mexico as location, when they can use Alaska as location to detect Soviet nuclear bomb testings? Beside, you obviously need to learn from history that the fact is they actually used WB-29 attached with airborne filter to detect Soviet nuclear bomb testings, and they used Alaska as location to operate from there, not from Roswell. And you ask if it worked? Of course it worked... They picked up the atomic particles in the paper filter. Lab tests revealed that the filter, which had been exposed at 18,000 feet for three hours, contained a significant radiation count of 50 per minute.

And not only that. www.abovetopsecret.com... Take a look at this 'Diablos', someone asked why Mogul's Rawin Targets never were analyzed, and where the paperwork of the recovery of this lost balloon went.

Beside, to your information, the Project Mogul HAVE BEEN DEBUNKED

If these scientists are apart of a major cover up, wouldn't they come up with a much more elaborate excuse than a weather balloon?

Well, some of them are brave enough to come forward, like for example Batelle scientist Elroy John Center who confessed to have analyzed the Roswell alien debris

Also, the government can barely function efficiently, let alone keep one of the biggest conspiracies under wraps for more than 50 years. If the truth was out there, it would have come out decades ago.

The reason why it got out later is that the 'Roswell witnesses' released their deathbed confessions just after they died of old age. They as they said, made a secret sworn oath not to reveal what they witnessed and were reportedly THREATENED, that's why they had to wait to reveal it after they died.
James Forestal was reportedly one of the victims of the Cover Up, the reported missing Roswell 'Star witness' nurses and doctors who allegedly took care of the alien bodies, and the death of Marilyn Monroe and the assassination of the Kennedys
In this Roswell debris tested TV documentary indicates that those who was about to participate at the International UFO Press Conference in the 1990's were threatened to cancel that conference. So that conference was cancelled. The Shadow Government obviously still didn't want the public to know about it even at that time of the 1990's. And former Astronaut Edgar Mitchell told that an admiral in Pentagon CONFIRMED to Mitchell that the Roswell UFO crash was from another world, and when that admiral "tried to get into the inner workings of that process" he was then denied access. The same admiral, Mitchell claimed, now denies the story...
UFO Alien Disclosure, List of Countries that have Fully or Partially Disclosed , but the United States is not mentioned in that list, unfortunately. However, it seems someone released some FBI documents , and Footage of what is supposed to be EBE of the reported surviving Roswell alien

edit on 14-1-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Sometimes I have wondered if Roswell was a disinformation campaign designed to worry Stalin. The press release part of the story doesn't make any sense to me. If something crashed (even a Mogul balloon) it seems like the Air Force would simply secure the area and pick up the debris without making any explanation. Everyone would assume it was top secret and that would be the end of it. Especially if a suspected flying disc crashed who in their right mind would make a press release?

(I wanted to add that I've learned a lot from reading the replies. But I haven't seen any explanation for that strange initial press release.)
edit on 14-1-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday
If something crashed (even a Mogul balloon) it seems like the Air Force would simply secure the area and pick up the debris without making any explanation. Everyone would assume it was top secret and that would be the end of it.

Like i said, Mogul have been debunked, and there wouldn't be all that military activity just because of Mogul. Beside, they would have used Alaska to detect Soviet nuclear bomb testings (which they actually did), not in NM.

Especially if a suspected flying disc crashed who in their right mind would make a press release?

The press release was not supposed to happen, Washington was too late to avoid that. So Washington immediately ordered the press release of the fake Weather balloon story. The photographer who photographed Marcel Sr. posing with the fake tin foil (against his own will) was even ordered to let the pictures go to the news papers while the pictures were still wet! The Roswell radio station was however threatened not to reveal anymore about the crashed flying disc.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

I spelled some things wrong did I....Guess it being one of my first posts I was a bit nervous and excited, being a new member and all! I just recently did a thread on the book written by Annie JACOBSEN. Its not that popular and looks as if I have got my work cut out for me, because I really love ATS and want to be a great addition to it. If you get a chance maybe you could check it out and feel free to let me know what all I messed up on, cause seems like that was your basis of the reply you sent me.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki10

If something crashed (even a Mogul balloon) it seems like the Air Force would simply secure the area and pick up the debris without making any explanation. Everyone would assume it was top secret and that would be the end of it.

Like i said, Mogul have been debunked, and there wouldn't be all that military activity just because of Mogul. Beside, they would have used Alaska to detect Soviet nuclear bomb testings (which they actually did), not in NM.

Especially if a suspected flying disc crashed who in their right mind would make a press release?

The press release was not supposed to happen, Washington was too late to avoid that. The Roswell radio station was however threatened not to reveal anymore about the crashed flying disc.

I just cannot believe a military base would make a press release like this without getting approval from higher up first. I admit I'm not even an armchair expert, but doesn't that seem out of character for the military? Here is the press release.

"The many rumors regarding the flying disk [disc] became a reality yesterday when the intelligence office of the 509th (Atomic) Bomb Group of the 8th Air Force Roswell Army Air Field, was fortunate enough to gain possession of a disk [disc] through the cooperation of one of the local ranchers and the sheriff's office of Chaves County.
"The flying object landed on a ranch near Roswell some time last week. Not having phone facilities, the rancher stored the disk until such time as he was able to contact the sheriff's office, who in turn notified Maj. Jesse A. Marcel of the 509th Bomb Group Intelligence office.
"Action was immediately taken and the disk [disc] was picked up at the rancher's home. It was inspected at the Roswell Army Air Field and subsequently loaned by Major Marcel to higher headquarters."

Roswell Proof

The explanation from Haut's affidavit doesn't make sense to me. If they were concerned that civilians were snooping around the debris fields then why not station some guards at both debris sites? Tell the civilians it is top secret. People in that era would respect the military's need for secrecy.

(9) One of the main concerns discussed at the meeting was whether we should go public or not with the discovery. Gen. Ramey proposed a plan, which I believe originated from his bosses at the Pentagon. Attention needed to be diverted from the more important site north of town by acknowledging the other location. Too many civilians were already involved and the press already was informed. I was not completely informed how this would be accomplished.

Haut's Affidavit

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I just cannot believe a military base would make a press release like this without getting approval from higher up first. I admit I'm not even an armchair expert, but doesn't that seem out of character for the military?

A logic explanation could be that they felled they didn't need permission from Washington to let “RAAF Captures Flying Saucer on Ranch in Roswell Region” go out to the news paper

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki10

I just cannot believe a military base would make a press release like this without getting approval from higher up first. I admit I'm not even an armchair expert, but doesn't that seem out of character for the military?

A logic explanation could be that they felled they didn't need permission from Washington to let “RAAF Captures Flying Saucer on Ranch in Roswell Region” go out to the news paper

O.k. here is another idea that just came to me (probably it is obvious to others, but I never thought of it until now):

Assuming a flying disc (or even a Mogul balloon) actually crashed near Roswell and local civilians were whispering rumors among themselves, maybe this press release was a clever way to prevent the national media from investigating the rumors. By releasing a hot story about a flying disc and then forcing the local authorities to declare that they were fooled by a weather balloon (after the national media was already made to look foolish), nobody would want to seriously investigate these local rumors for a long time.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

In the book, "The Day After Roswell," it is reported that the first press release was designed to draw attention away from the second and more significant crash site; the crash site to the north.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

where in the press release do they say its of extra terrestrial origin?

and brazel stored the disc at his ranch. What did he do? drag the spaceship by himself and put it in his barn?

disk was described as 2 feet in diameter. Must have been very small aliens

edit on 14-1-2012 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Assuming a flying disc (or even a Mogul balloon) actually crashed near Roswell and local civilians were whispering rumors among themselves, maybe this press release was a clever way to prevent the national media from investigating the rumors.

Do you really have a problem to try understand this? Are you STILL STRUGGLING to try to understand this? You want me to repeat it again? All right, here we go again, like i said, Mogul have BEEN DEBUNKED, and there wouldn't be all that unusual military activity and threats against the witnesses just because of Mogul. Beside, they used Alaska as location to detect Soviet nuclear bomb testings, not in NM.

This “RAAF Captures Flying Saucer on Ranch in Roswell Region” press release was NOT a way to prevent national media from investigating it. As the matter of fact, and unfortunately for the Shadow Government, it ATTRACTED ATTENTION!!!
And attracted and ENCOURAGED investigators/researchers to INVESTIGATE it!!!

By releasing a hot story about a flying disc and then forcing the local authorities to declare that they were fooled by a weather balloon (after the national media was already made to look foolish), nobody would want to seriously investigate these local rumors for a long time.

Do you really have a problem to try understand this? Are you STILL STRUGGLING to try to understand this? You want me to repeat it again? All right, here we go again, the “RAAF Captures Flying Saucer on Ranch in Roswell Region” press release was NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN, Washington was TOO LATE to AVOID that. So Washington immediately ordered the press release of the fake Weather balloon story. The photographer who photographed Marcel Sr. posing with the fake tin foil (against his own will) was even ordered to let the pictures go to the news papers immediately while the pictures were STILL WET!!!
The Roswell radio station was however threatened not to reveal anymore about the crashed flying disc.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

If they were concerned that civilians were snooping around the debris fields then why not station some guards at both debris sites?

Reportedly one soldier hit a "Freak" with the butt of his rifle and thereby persuaded the creature to part with its apparatus

When Barnett got to the crash site the area was sealed off by the military. It was obvious upon arrival that the device in the desert was no Russian warplane. It was a "large disc," a flying saucer, lying upside down. (One wonders how Barnett could tell if the disk were right side or wrong side up, disks usually being described as symmetrical).

The soldiers could not approach the wreckage for some time, as it was radiating a lot of heat. Even more extraordinary were the four beings lying beside the crashed saucer. Barnett's account sensitively refers to these beings as "Freaks." The "Freaks" were screaming and clutching small boxes close to their chests. Barnett apparently arrived while it was still dark, since he says the army could not move in on the downed saucer and the "Freaks" until six A.M. The "Freaks" screamed louder as the GIs approached, and refused to give up their mysterious boxes. One soldier hit a "Freak" with the butt of his rifle and thereby persuaded the creature to part with its apparatus.

Three of the beings were taken away still alive. The fourth was dead (killed by the blow of an M1 butt?). The medical team was reluctant to treat the strange beings for their injuries, but they overcame their fear and rendered assistance. Barnett went on to film the wreckage. His statement describes the broken-up debris as being from exterior struts that supported a smaller disk on the underside (now up?) of the large saucer. The corpse of the dead "Freak" was packed in ice.

And that corroborates with what Chief Golden Light Eagle "Standing Elk" mentioned about one of the 'Star people' killed by the butt of a soldier's rifle in this interview ( www.abovetopsecret.com... also mentioned on page 5 )

www.abovetopsecret.com... Like i presented on page 11, Extreme security measures

4. Extreme security measures were exercised at both the ranch, and the impact sites. Armed guards encircled the primary locations, a second cordon was placed around the outer perimeter, riflemen were stationed on the surrounding hills, and MPs posted on outlying roads...

There were Threads to Roswell witnesses and there was unusual military activity at Roswell at the time, like the whole place was on alert...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

O.k. if a suspected flying disc was discovered surely any military officer would know that is a delicate matter and the first instinct would be to secure the area and report the discovery up the chain of command wouldn't it? So is it really believable that RAAF's initial press release was a surprise to anybody in Washington?

That's why I think the initial press release was disinformation of some kind - it was not an accident. You know the story of the boy who cried wolf? Nobody would pay attention to him when a real wolf came, because he had already lied so many times. Washington used this initial press release and the hasty reversal to make the local military and civilians of Roswell look like fools and thereby prevent a serious investigation of any rumors. The press would have no interest in investigating these rumors after being burned already by the initial press release.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

In the book, "The Day After Roswell," it is reported that the first press release was designed to draw attention away from the second and more significant crash site; the crash site to the north.

Wouldn't it be simpler to send some military police to secure both crash sites? People in that era respected the military and government authorities. Just whisper a few lies to the civilians about it being a top secret airplane or something. People would eagerly believe that because it is less disturbing than a flying disc.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Personally, I would not have released anything either. I don't really believe this explanation. I believe that first press release was the honest and off-the-cuff release.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
the faked Roswell pictures are always a hoot to look at heehe

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

O.k. if a suspected flying disc was discovered surely any military officer would know that is a delicate matter and the first instinct would be to secure the area and report the discovery up the chain of command wouldn't it?

It was Lt. Walter G. Haut, the Roswell base public information officer, who wrote that famous press-release , and as i previously said, a logic explanation could be that they felled they didn't need permission from Washington to let the press release of “RAAF Captures Flying Saucer on Ranch in Roswell Region” go out to the news paper.
Is it really that hard for you to understand? Are you still struggling to try to understand? Obviously it is that hard for you to understand!!!

So is it really believable that RAAF's initial press release was a surprise to anybody in Washington?

Oh yeah, Washington was definitely NOT prepared about that press release, and that's why Washington immediately ordered the press release of the fake Weather balloon story!!!

That's why I think the initial press release was disinformation of some kind - it was not an accident.

You got that right 'cloudyday', the FAKE WEATHER BALLOON story DEFINITELY was DISINFORMATION!!!
And you know what, 'cloudyday'? Finally finally finally you are now able to see that the fake weather balloon story was DISINFORMATION!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be simpler to send some military police to secure both crash sites? People in that era respected the military and government authorities.

Do you really have a problem to try understand this? Are you STILL STRUGGLING to try to understand this? IS IT REALLY NECESSARY TO REPEAT IT TO YOU AGAIN??? All right, here we go again, 4. Extreme security measures were exercised at both the ranch, and the impact sites. Armed guards encircled the primary locations, a second cordon was placed around the outer perimeter, riflemen were stationed on the surrounding hills, and MPs posted on outlying roads...

Just whisper a few lies to the civilians about it being a top secret airplane or something.

You're LYING 'cloudyday'...
Nobody whispered it was a secret airplane.

People would eagerly believe that because it is less disturbing than a flying disc.

People like Guy Malone? He base his "secret airplane crash at Roswell" view on theory only, with no evidence to support it. Guy Malone is however right about one thing, the Nazis did try to make "deadly flying weapons". What Guy Malone did not mention (and maybe he don't know about) is that the Nazis reportedly recovered a crashed alien spacecraft and reportedly tried to make copy of it.
And not only that. Dr. Wernher Von Braun reportedly witnessed one of the crashed UFOs and alien bodies at Roswell.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join