It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the world a win win or a lose lose situation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What do you think?

I think the world is losing from every angle.

What about current world leaders? Current world leaders make the world an awful place to be in.

What about corperate greed? Corperate greed makes the world an awful place to be in.

What about main stream media's not so good influence? Main stream media's not so good influence makes the world an awful place to be in.

Everything in the current world has been left up to current world leaders and corperations and MSM.

There is just way too many people living to change any of that.

In fact, the more people living, the more the lose lose situation is winning.

That's just my two cent, what's your's?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
What do you think?

There is just way too many people living to change any of that.

In fact, the more people living, the more the lose lose situation is winning.

I was literally just thinking that the people who are in control now are from a different time and will eventually die off leaving the people with up and coming new ideas to take control and guide it in a good direction.
what needs to happen though is this new generation NEEDS to realize this.
we don't need to change the amount of people alive, we need to change what the people are doing with their time alive.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

we don't need to change the amount of people alive, we need to change what the people are doing with their time alive.

impossible to disagree with that. if everyone reduced waste and increased the amount of good they do ( grow your own food, pant trees, etc) then we can easily be saved.
but only saved for so long, the ice caps are going to melt fairly soon and we can't to anything about that. political issues mean very little when your planets going to heat up regardless.
power will always corrupt no matter what generation gets it so politaly and economicaly we're kinda screwed too.
all we can do is survive and try and make it off this rock before we kill ourselves or the caps melt.
edit on 26/12/2011 by listerofsmeg because: santa made me do it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
MY .02:
Yes the media sucks/politicians lie;people always want something for nothing... yada yada

But: We make the world around us:
Been nice to a random someone? Random acts of kindness bring a smile to both faces..
We have control over our immediate inter actions; let someone merge in a line of cars, or hold a door for someone..
Shovel an old persons side walk without asking."pay it forward"on occasion( give without being asked). The world becomes a brighter place When we don't focus on "getting" ourselves so much...
edit on 26-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2011 by 46ACE because: spelling

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg

impossible to disagree with that. if everyone reduced waste and increased the amount of good they do ( grow your own food, pant trees, etc) then we can easily be saved.
but only saved for so long, the ice caps are going to melt fairly soon and we can't to anything about that. political issues mean very little when your planets going to heat up regardless.
power will always corrupt no matter what generation gets it so politaly and economicaly we're kinda screwed too.
all we can do is survive and try and make it off this rock before we kill ourselves or the caps melt.

The earth has been warmer and colder in the past ( before S.U.V.'s) Adapt and evolve!Tell Al Gore to stuff his global carbon creditsand taxes ; I'll pay them when he gives up his multiple mansions/ limousines for a single simple yurt on an organic goat farm.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'll tell you what I think....

I think you just like to start threads, and never answer questions in them, nor debate in them, nor bring them to anything resembling a well thought out concept.

Like this one...www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this one....www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't forget this one....www.abovetopsecret.com...

Honestly....that's what I truly think.....

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
the whole adapt and evolve thing only works in theory, we will most likely die.
and i didn't say we cause global warming, just said we cant stop it.
whether you believe in global warming or not, the ice caps and sheets melting means the earth is less reflective and will absorb more heat.
The global temerature has increased about 1*c in 100 years which doesn't sound like much but as the caps melt faster the temperature will obviously be increasing soon causing the worlds ice to melt even faster, you should be able to see the cylcle here.
to say we caused global warming is very egocentric but to deny it's existance is just plain ignorance.

top topics

join