It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to find the past: Archaeological digs looking for students and volunteers to dig

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Latest 2014 digs you can go on

Expeditions

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Awesome! I will be looking at this site when I finish my archeology degree this spring semester! Ty!

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
o experience required ,,, however , keep in mind that this activity is very much a ' pay to play ' activity , and is often very expensive. Still , a great way to spend all that money .Also , check into the organization if you can ... many efforts are little more than grave robbing expeditions ( IMO ) and some are resented by locals . I helped a group in Yucatan , and would do it again .

originally posted by: Reggae
Do you have to have Archaeology experience to get a Dig Bum gig?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Amazing what is found....

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Archaeology digs are conducted by universities, museums, cultural resource firms, and historical societies year-round all over the planet. Some digs take volunteers, some are limited to professionals or student archaeologists, and some are combinations. Some archaeology digs are long term, lasting for months, some are as short as a few days or weeks. This page lists archaeology digs by location in the world, and describes the type of site being excavated, the dates of the dig, and the kind of research being completed. Whether you want to join an archaeology dig, take a class, or just find out what's being dug this year, this is the page for you. Field schools with dates older than the current year may indicate an ongoing project with currently TBA dates.

Update to the link: www.volunteerforever.com...

traveltips.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Hello

I am from egypt

Upper egypt

Really there is maps to Uncover Pharaonic antiquities and treasures

how i start to discover ?

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Archeology is probably one of the most exciting sciences. I like to study the history of archeological excavations of ancient civilizations such as Egypt, Greece, and Rome. What I remember most is the story of the excavation of the city of Pompeii, which died due to a volcanic eruption.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LioNofEgypt
Hello

I am from egypt

Upper egypt

Really there is maps to Uncover Pharaonic antiquities and treasures

how i start to discover ?

Of excavated places... well, some of them. Looting is still a major problem in Egypt so they don't usually advertise active or new digs unless they're pretty well guarded. When we were there the one active dig I saw was around Hatshepsut's mortuary temple.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Wow! Very interesting!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join