It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup: Obama job approval surges. Wait, what?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Maybe the recent antics of the Republicans in Congress have shown them to be the obstructionists they really are.

We sent them there to be obstructionists!!!

They’re doing exactly what we want for a change (well…a few of them are)!!!
We don't want Obama's agenda to pass. Look what his first 2 years unobstructed brought us; the worst economy in our lifetime!!

Right now it’s obstruct because we don’t have the numbers!!! Next November it will switch to REPEAL!!

edit on 26-12-2011 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Domo1

I don’t follow poles….

Yeah, they'll take you straight to Warsaw. Or Krakow. And who wants to go there.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

WHITE HOUSE INSIDER: Heads Up – The Cook The Books Campaign Is Underway

The Ulsterman Report

A brief email message from our longtime D.C. political operative tells us to watch for some serious polling data manipulation to favor the Obama presidency as 2012 is underway.

Not sure if you are abroad or not but wanted to get this message to you so you know what to specifically watch out for in the coming weeks and months. Got word there is a comprehensive polling and economic data program about ready to be launched via some administration operatives and particular media outlets. Big time cooking the books on this polling data they will be pushing out there soon.

These polls are fabrications intended to shape public opinion. They are not reflections of public opinion. That make sense? The poll itself will be regurgitated to other secondary media. That is how we did it over and over again in 2007 and 2008. We used the polling to work against Hillary, and then we used the same platform of tricks to use against and paralyze the McCain campaign.

This pretty much says it all. "Mainstream" media cannot to be trusted for much in the way factual info as of late.
edit on 26-12-2011 by robyn because: typo

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
the MSM has the most influence in how we approve of the Presidents actions...
and i sure do not recall any singular or even a group of items that brings credit to his stature.

i have a sneaky feeling that there's something like a community action level campaign underway that is in support of Øbama ...
just a guess that an ACORN type of Org is passing out packs of cigarettes from the inner city soup-kitchens or from the low-key meet-ups or similar social networks that is causing the change in the Poll

the EU in shambles, Pakistan targeting Drones in their air-space, the Israeli-Iran pot starting to boil,
but on the bright side: a 2 month extension of tax collection reduction And 2 months of UN-employment
extensions... the $4million holiday the Presidents family is taking in the State he grew up in is not even getting a raised eyebrow
the unemployment rate is dropping--- the economy is mending---all's well in Stallville - well, according to the BLS & It's entire staff of dreamers fudging numbers)
Also: the millions of FS recipients will not get cutbacks in stamps after 1 Jan 2012

but his or any future Presidents numbers will be substantially higher because the Permanent Detention act is now law... and those who disagree with policy or platforms will be termed a terrorist and sent to a detention/reeducation camp for the necessary course of retraining

thanks robyn for that info... i was tilting to the same MSM bias but without that kernal of fact about a opaque operation carried out by WH insiders/Staff/ paid operatives to flood the digital airwaves with slanted facts about the Admin & its policies, its results, etc
edit on 26-12-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Propaganda....the thread poster didn't mention the Gallup Poll on December 20th was 48% DISapprove / 44% Approve.

One Day Later:

Gallup Poll for December 21st was 47% Approve / 45% Disapprove.

Gallup calls 1500 people to do its "Polls". There is no way Gallup would even know if these 1500 people it called were even Americans, or Adults for that matter.

www.gallup.com...

edit on 26-12-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

How many Members here at ATS have Ever been Asked to be Polled on ANY Subject by Gallop ? I Bet Nary a One . For all we Know, Gallop could just Make this Stuff Up out of Thin Air, kinda like the Fed Printing Money . If Any Person took the Time (A Long Time for Sure) , and Traveled to All 50 States RIGHT NOW and asked about a 1000 People from Each State, and from Every County in Each State, how well do they Think Obama is doing his Job as President Of These United States , I am SURE that on Adverage, over 900 of them would reply he is Doing a VERY BAD JOB as President . So my Reaction to this News is.......What we Hear Every Freakin Day in the Media has Become Less Believeable than Seeing Pigs Fly........

i297.photobucket.com...

edit on 26-12-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
How many Members here at ATS have Ever been Asked to be Polled on ANY Subject by Gallop ?

I did once. It was for the 2008 election. Shocked the heck out of me. I'm pretty sure it was legitimate. I have an unlisted cell phone number that not many people have and the call came in on that phone. It was about 2 minutes and very exact ... yes, no, and who to vote for.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
For the "Propaganda" crowd...

It is not just Gallup all the polls have him climbing...

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Even the Conservative Rassmussen has him up in Polls for December, though they love to knock him every time, even when he is gaining ground.
www.rasmussenreports.com...

For all those who take this trend as a blow to their emotional "I hate Obama" core...

Take solace....President Obama's approval ratings are only rising because the GOP potential nominees are dissapointing and while Congress has the lowest approval ratings in history...the GOP in congress have a significantly lower approval rating than the Democrats...Dems suck...but the GOP in Congress really suck is the general sentiment of the majority of Americans.

I mean the GOP in the senate PUBLICLY chastised the GOP in Congress..you have a likability problem when the entire Senate, your own party included comes after you.

That also has been shown by a whole slew of recent polls and yes even the conservative pollers. The GOP in Congress are the least liked congressmen in history....followed by the Dems in Congress

What we have here is an American public that might hope for a better President, but contrasted to the overly extreme GOP Presidential Nominees and the failing Congress...he looks like the only sane man in the room.

Toss in an economy that is now...ever so slowly, but surely...recovering, and a GOP that will not be able to claim anything but standing in the way of everything that crosses their desk?

President Obama's numbers will continue to climb contrasted to the alternative.

Three’s A Trend: Polls Show Voters Believe GOP Intentionally Stalling Economic Recovery
tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...

49% think GOP is sabotaging the economy just to defeat Obama
www.occasionalplanet.org...

Poll: Blame hits GOP in Congress

40 percent say Republican leaders are to blame, while just 23 percent of those polled say Democratic leaders are responsible.

And Republicans should not expect reelection support from their base — seven in 10 Republicans say most members should be replaced. Meanwhile, almost three-fourths of independent voters, or 73 percent, want to vote out most members, and 60 percent of Democrats agree.

www.politico.com...

Poll: Support for GOP in Tea Party Districts Drops
blogs.wsj.com...

By a Small Margin, Voters Blame Republicans More Than Democrats if Supercommittee Fails as Expected
www.pollwatchdaily.com...

Poll: Frustration with Congress Could Hurt Republican Incumbents
www.people-press.org...

Republicans Blamed Most for Ineffective Government in U.S. Poll
www.bloomberg.com...

The "Damn the Country, Obama must fail!!" attitude?...Well the Country will survive and recover and President Obama will win a second term...the strategy should have been "Country first!, ignore Obama"...that would have been a sure fire win for the GOP in 2012 both in Congress and the White House

How the hell did the GOP end up staging a sit-in with there own party leaders screaming at them to do something...all so they could actually "raise taxes" on the middle class?????

Wow...they need new strategists and I don't mean Rush and Glen...

edit on 27-12-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Duly Noted Nary, so how was the Experience ? Were you asked Generic or Thought Provoking Questions ?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Obama's job "approval" is not the only Gallop target it seems.

He (and Hillaryus) are most "admired" too

PRINCETON, NJ -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama continue to be named by Americans as the Most Admired Woman and Most Admired Man living today in any part of the world. Clinton has been the Most Admired Woman each of the last 10 years, and Obama has been the Most Admired Man four years in a row. Oprah Winfrey, Michelle Obama, Sarah Palin, and Condoleezza Rice round out the top five Most Admired women, while the top five Most Admired men also include George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Billy Graham, and Warren Buffett.

Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton Again Top Most Admired List

The link article has a chart also.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

" He (and Hillaryus) are most "admired" too "

Yeah , just like Cancer is the Most Admired Disease In America ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join