It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup: Obama job approval surges. Wait, what?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

According to the latest Gallup tracking poll, more Americans approve of the job that President Obama is doing than disapprove for the first time since this summer. The latest Gallup survey shows that 47 percent of Americans now say they approve of the way that President Obama is handling his job. This is a 5 percent improvement since the Dec. 16-18 Gallup survey and marks the first time the president's numbers have been in positive territory since July. The number of Americans who say they disapprove of Obama's job performance has fallen to 45 percent, down 5 points from Dec. 16-18.

I facepalmed so hard when I read this. How is he garnering more approval at this point? If anything I thought he would be plummeting. I disagree with almost everything he's done in his presidency, and lately have grown to really dislike his politics. Did a whole bunch of Americans just switch off their brains? Just not paying attention? Ugh.

Link

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
All of the attention focused on the Republican Primary candidates is making Obama look good by comparison.

Sad, but true. The best thing Obama can do now to keep his numbers up is hide in the oval office and not say a word.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

That's a good point. Republicans are a bit of a joke right now.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is because he brought the troops home, but it wasnt much of an increase in support and it will go back down as soon as he sends them to syria.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by RedBird

That's a good point. Republicans are a bit of a joke right now.

Except Ron Paul, of course!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It’s probably a reflection of those billions of campaign dollars at work. I don’t follow poles….such a joke at this point. This guy is the worst President in history!

If our country is disfunctional enough to re-elect this guy then I will bury my head back in the sand and stop participating! It will be too discouraging to continue the fight...my will will be broken!!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Did a whole bunch of Americans just switch off their brains?

Yes. Or the poll is rigged. But considering it's Gallup, I'd go with the switched off brains response.

Originally posted by seabag
If our country is disfunctional enough to re-elect this guy ....

It is. People were bamboozled enough to put an inept and unqualified 'community organizer' from the corrupt Chicago political machine into the Oval Office. If they did it once, they could do it again.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I found this which is dated December 23rd. Did it really change that fast?

Source

edit: if you go to the source and hold your mouse over that picture, it shows you the date
edit on 12/26/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBird
All of the attention focused on the Republican Primary candidates is making Obama look good by comparison.

Those clown republicans (except Ron Paul) make Beavis & Butthead look good.

And I mean that in all seriousness.
edit on 26-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

now, now, dude; that's not keeping your oath
[though the idea of of another 4 years of kingoreo make me ill as well]

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It might be the ending of the war. There may have been the peacenik faction of the Democratic base that withheld approval since Obama said he would end the war immediately and did not.

I can see that as a realistic factor.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalbluco

Source

edit: if you go to the source and hold your mouse over that picture, it shows you the date

New poll shows 100% approval. Where's my check?------------------

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalbluco

That graph only shows the strongly approve and dissaprove portions of the approval rating. Also, it is done by Rasmussen which has a historical trend of polling very heavily Republican (In this case anti-Obama) in between election years. The people who hate Obama REALLY hate him but the people that approve of him don't strongly approve. Either way it is still almost a perfectly even split at the moment between those that generally approve and generally disapprove. I hope that clears a few things up
. Going by history, trust Gallup over Rasmussen every time.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It is the appearance of him making congress look like they aren't doing anything in regards to the tax holiday. He's telling them to pass it or don't go home for the holidays. It making him appear to be taking charge so his numbers are climbing slightly.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Maybe the recent antics of the Republicans in Congress have shown them to be the obstructionists they really are.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
It is the appearance of him making congress look like they aren't doing anything in regards to the tax holiday. He's telling them to pass it or don't go home for the holidays. It making him appear to be taking charge so his numbers are climbing slightly.

I repeat! New poll shows 100% approval. That's two checks for me. -------------------

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The pulling of troops out of Iraq has been going on for about a year now, so the final exit isn't big news.

What Obama is doing right is stand up to the nasty, low down and dirty tactics of the republicans in congress who have the lowest approval rating ever recorded.

Not only will Obama win another four years, democrats will probably take back control of the house. The tax cut on for the super rich will expire, and Petreaus will slowly start reigning in the out of control CIA.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalbluco
Source

You can't just compare the Gallup poll to the Rasmussen.

Gallup's target varies over time from audlt, to adult registered voter, to whatever criteria the poll's spnsor pays them to query.

Rasmussen targets, exclusively, "registerd voters, likely to vote." It also uses "robopolling," to eliminate the subtle coercion that a live person's bias can (unintentionally?) inject in phrasing, pauses and other subtle cues.

Those are vastly different populations, so it is not unusual to witness wide dispariities between otherwise, apparently, similar polls.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
What Obama is doing right is stand up to the nasty, low down and dirty tactics of the republicans in congress who have the lowest approval rating ever recorded.

So why doesn't he stand up to the nasty, low down and dirty tactics of the democrats in congress who also have the lowest approval ratings ever recorded? Didn't he promise to be nonpartisan??

While we are at the subject of standing up to nasty, low down and dirty tactics .. who is going to stand up to Obama's nasty, low down and dirty tactics??? Looks like his administration ... (Eric Holder being chief imp among them) ... is running amuk with them.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBird

Sad, but true. The best thing Obama can do now to keep his numbers up is hide in the oval office and not say a word.

Well said. Its another example of why our system is not about right/left, but about controlled opposition. Anybody would get more approval when compared to a douche, a turd, and an automaton.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join