It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to eliminate all taxes and still have a productive economy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by flexy123

No one in america is so poor they can not afford to buy a book.

I hate to say this, but You're wrong on this... I have not a penny to My name. If it wasn't for a friend letting Me sleep on His floor, I would be in a shelter at best; if it wasn't for food stamps, I would have to rely on soup kitchens for maybe one meal a day. A book? I would LOVE to be so rich that I could afford one!

Just sayin'. [smile]

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yeah more control to the corporations ,oh yeah more control to Goldman Sachs and Monsanto.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

I hate to say this, but You're wrong on this... I have not a penny to My name. If it wasn't for a friend letting Me sleep on His floor, I would be in a shelter at best; if it wasn't for food stamps, I would have to rely on soup kitchens for maybe one meal a day. A book? I would LOVE to be so rich that I could afford one!

Just sayin'. [smile]

I warned someone else this was a trap, so I apologize for saying this to you: how are you this poor with all these taxes in place? If you are really this poor you are proof the welfare system has failed despite all the taxes americans pay.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shogu666
Yeah more control to the corporations ,oh yeah more control to Goldman Sachs and Monsanto.

GS gets tax payer bailouts, so they effectively pay no taxes. They are rich because of taxes please realize that unless you secretly want corporations to continue to get wealthy off your hard work.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Just sayin'. [smile]

I warned someone else this was a trap, so I apologize for saying this to you: how are you this poor with all these taxes in place? If you are really this poor you are proof the welfare system has failed despite all the taxes americans pay.

I was laid off in 2006, went through savings, 401K, ran up credit cards, was cut off, applied for services, was denied until I proved I DIDN'T have a 401K, tried to get the closing statement from the corporation that bought up the company I had worked for, called eight numbers, the last referred Me back to the first, wrote a letter, was evicted before any response, went homeless, finally got on services paying 1/2 rent, My ex paid the other half, then He left Me and HADN'T paid His half, gave Me 10 days to do something about the eviction notice, there was nothing Services would cover (lowest rent was 1 room in a house at $440 a month, and Services gave Me $383 a month to cover rent, tp, shampoo, toothpaste, dish soap, laundry soap, etc.), and I went homeless again.

All the while, I have applied to over 50,000 jobs, online and in person, limited only by whether I could sit down to do them - I cannot stand for more than about 1/2 hour without pain that increases the longer I stand. I have a rheumatological condition that precludes Me from asking People if They want fries with that, though if I could do that I would do it in a heartbeat.

I am an old lady competing with great numbers of 20- and 30- and even 40-somethings, have been told I am not local to jobs, overqualified for jobs, underqualified for jobs, and mostly, I get no response at all.

So... I get food stamps, and I get nothing else.
edit on 12/27/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The only thing stopping us from having a tax free society is ignorance. Its easy everything is user pay like it used to be. That makes it all voluntary. All forced taxation is nothing but theft. That is why no society has lasted through the ages they were all based on theft in one way or another and that is why ours is crumbling too. When the foundation of a society is based on theft at threat of violence or even death then it cannot stand,

Apparently humanity is not yet ready as a whole to embrace true freedom. they still want to bring government force to bear to compel thier neighbors to do as they do and to steal the fruits of thier labors to finance it.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I get so tired of hearing people scream anti corporation nonsense! You yammer on for more government control of corporations and more taxes levied on corporations because you feel it is justified to punish corporations for making a profit. Ask yourself how a corporation can gain control over government? I will explain it to you.

Government has been given the power to pass laws or to regulate.
Government passes laws that regulate the behavior and abilities of corporations.
In order for a corporation to avoid these regulations they must gain influence within that government.
Once they gain influence then they are more than willing for the regulation to continue because they use the influence to craft the regulation. They craft it so that it hurts their competition but not themselves.
You cannot blame the corporation for doing this. Its in its best intrest to do so. You can lay the blame at the feet of the politicians and attempt to pass all kinds of ethics laws to prevent this but it will not.
What you can do is remove the power of government to regulate the corporations. This solves both of the problems. Now many of you will whinne about this gives more power to the corporations but you are wrong. No one said anything about removing responsibility for the corporations. What this does is place the accountability in civil court where it belongs.There are other changes that would need to come with this set up but its the way it should be.
As far as taxes on corporations. Guess what they dont pay taxes anyway. Its yet another way for the government to regulate them and craft exceptions but the bottom line is they pass the tax onto the customer and their shareholders. The US has one of the highest corporate taxes in the world. If you want to stimulate the economy then eliminate the corporate income tax.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join