It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Shape-Shifting Possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
With all the claims surrounding purported shape-shifters on Earth, do you think it can be done? The biggest argument AGAINST is that one cannot shape-shift, because all the internal organs/bones/etc. would not be able to take it and our vital functions would shut down before experiencing terrible pain. However, with advent of quantum physics and new theories regarding realities, perhaps it is not a feat of engineering after all, merely our preconceived minds tell us we can't shape-shift?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
My thoughts on the subject were that the 'shape shifter' changes your perception of they look to you, rather than physically shift shape. Which is why during moments of anger, or extreme emotion, they shift before your eyes as they can't keep up the concentration needed.

Still on the fence regarding the subject but it interests me.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Don't you let anyone tell you shapeshifting isn't real. Look at these shapeshifters for a moment and tell me they look unhealthy or scary. (oke some do)

SHAPE SHIFTERS

Nooooot scary at all. (Not all)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Only when the mysterious 2:a.m.(closing time) "beer goggles" effect takes place!!

Otherwise it's fiction. and you find deep foot prints in the lawn attest to the fact "shamu" did not actually lose those extra 140 lbs between "last call" and your vehicle...

Points awarded for posting in the correct forum...

edit on 26-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There are some reptiles able to change the color of their skin to match its habitat, and some other species- while not 'shape shifting' can alter their look to appear larger, or more colorful.

Here is an owl that can kind of change its image.

edit on 26-12-2011 by ReadyPower because: changed youtube link

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If someone had access to and full control over something like nanobots, that might be a possibility. If there are ideas about them rebuilding and repairing living tissue and doing stuff like complementing the immune system, then it's really not much of a stretch to have them do complete physical alteration to whomever may be hosting them. But the technology just isn't there yet as far as I'm aware of.

Quantum tech could work too I suppose, but we're not even close to having much in the way of physical teleportation of large objects. This approach seems a lot further away than nanobots though.

As of now, either one of those ideas still remain in the realm of sci-fi stories.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pauljs75
If someone had access to and full control over something like nanobots, that might be a possibility. If there are ideas about them rebuilding and repairing living tissue and doing stuff like complementing the immune system, then it's really not much of a stretch to have them do complete physical alteration to whomever may be hosting them. But the technology just isn't there yet as far as I'm aware of.

Quantum tech could work too I suppose, but we're not even close to having much in the way of physical teleportation of large objects. This approach seems a lot further away than nanobots though.

As of now, either one of those ideas still remain in the realm of sci-fi stories.

Nanorobots, good point, haven't thought of that.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Points awarded for posting in the correct forum...

Next time someone should ask this sort of question in political issues, for example: Is Ron Paul a shape-shifter from planet Azuzo?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Drink enough Robitussin and anything is possible

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
It is possible telepathically, a being can induce a hallucination and surrounding individuals will perceive the being in a specific manner.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
It is possible telepathically, a being can induce a hallucination and surrounding individuals will perceive the being in a specific manner.

The"force"; Luke?
No not "the force"! "The schwartz"!

edit on 27-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

Seems the intelligence to reorginize atoms would be needed. Atoms of organs and exterior tissue and clothing all reorginizing. Maybe you need a gem/prizim of some sort..

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Go see this video on youtube.
a sqiud is what you are looking for !
Link

they can chandg shap and colour.

so what could aliens do?
edit on 27-12-2011 by buddha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join