It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals, Don't Vote For Ron Paul, Vote For The Guy Bombing Brown People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hi all,

Some republicans don't vote for Ron Paul for their reasons
Dems dont' vote for him for entirely different reasons

One is false charges of racism

So my question to you is...
Ron Paul wants to end the wars and the drug war

Obama is bombing brown people every fracking day, innocent brown peopel
Ron Paul wants to end this

The drug war, so many minorities going to jail for non-violent crimes
THIS IS NOT A DRUG LEGALIZATION THREAD FYI

The point is, don't actions speak louder then words
if you believe it's his words or the words of ghostwriters, words vs. actions

I don't understand
racism allegation charges against the only one on the podium that doens't want to continue bombing brown people and putting blacks and hispanics and of course whites in jail for non-violent crimes.

What is the logic behind this?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Liberal/progressives want big government though.

Paul wants to shrink government.

For that reason alone, I imagine they would run screaming from Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

True but they are also sick and tired of corruption and big corporations
but then support over-regulation

those regulatory bodies are headed by lobbying groups
execs from the same big corporations they hate

if they realize this then it's a win for America
they just have to realize it though

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
He is for freedom and liberty for every american citizen, right?

I from europe see him as one of the only sane persons in america. All other politicans seem akward and obviously totally paid by big corporations.

Its the same in europe and germany but at least they try to hide it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sadly, I have spoke with many people who won't vote for him because they perceive him as unelectable. It is this goofy logic that we have to help get people away from.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The racist Ron Paul Newsletters make him unvotable by liberals, because they would have to abandon their overwhelming minority support in doing so.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
The racist Ron Paul Newsletters make him unvotable by liberals, because they would have to abandon their overwhelming minority support in doing so.

What about his voting record and affiliations with other people that clearly show the contrary...

Are they not smart enough to see this?

Or? why is it they cannot connect those dots?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by beezzer

True but they are also sick and tired of corruption and big corporations
but then support over-regulation

those regulatory bodies are headed by lobbying groups
execs from the same big corporations they hate

if they realize this then it's a win for America
they just have to realize it though

The smaller a government is in size, the more prone to elitism it becomes. The problem we have is double standards and a government that wastes too many resources helping the rich and going after the poor. Too many wars because of a huge military industrial complex, banking mixed with stock-market investing, etc.

In other words you would think since we have such a huge federal government it would be for the people, yet in practice it goes after the easy targets, because it has been infilitrated to the core by big business and international bankers.

Yes we need less spending, but all the conservatives I know go after social services and downplay everything else. Ron Paul has some good ideas but his problem solving method is based on libertarianism which resembles conservatives more than liberals or progressives.

I want a big government with little or no waste associated with greed, that truely represents the people as much as it resembles corporations. Big government is not our problem, our problem is a severe conflict of interests!!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

What about his voting record and affiliations with other people that clearly show the contrary...

Are they not smart enough to see this?

Or? why is it they cannot connect those dots?

The Newsletters destroy all of his past credibillity, there is no longer a line to draw between any dots, the dots have been made inconsequential by the racism that got published under his name.
He is on the record saying he would not support the Civil Rights Act, that alone destroys all of his voting record when paired with the Newsletters. He tries to hide behind constitutionallity when that is not his job as a Congressman, it is the job of the Supreme Court to decide constitutionallity, maybe he is in the wrong profession and should have become a judge to dictate his views upon us all.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Wait....so his news letters from 20 years ago, destroy his voting record from then till NOW?

I could see it if the news letters were recent....

But they arent.....

His record of fighting for individual rights no matter race , creed or color are apparent....

If people dont see that, then they need to learn more about how the system really works

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Hi all,

Some republicans don't vote for Ron Paul for their reasons
Dems dont' vote for him for entirely different reasons

I definately do not support Ron Paul, but this is because of his fiscal policies which I believe will cause this nation far more harm that any other before us. I especially got turned off by Ron Paul when I found that he stated he would have opposed Brown vs the Board of education, Lawrence vs Texas SCOTUS ruling, which stripped powers from State governments from enforcing jim crow and anti-homosexual laws over American citizens. Yep, Ron doesn't have a problem with big invasive government, so long as it's the state government we're talking about here! I support individual rights, individual liberties, more so often than that of Government. Ron Paul however supports the rights of State governments first, even at the expense of individual rights. That's my fundamental problem with him and libertarians in general.

As for his racist newsletters? I'm already of the opinion that Ron Paul is a racist, although he won't come out with it, it's bad for his campaign for obvious reasons. I don't think his racist newsletters will necessarily change his core support, or necessarily turn off the majority of GOP voters, they don't really care. It will really hurt him come the general elections, and has already hurt the confidence in him to be a viable candidate against Obama.

One is false charges of racism

Oh, so the newsletters are all fake? There's proof that Ron Paul really didn't know about it? It didn't help that lew rockwell worked closely with Ron Paul as recently as 1992, during the period those racist newsletters were still being written. It also didn't help the fact that Lew denied any responsibility for this newsletters:

Rockwell has denied responsibility for the newsletters' contents to The New Republic's Jamie Kirchick. Rockwell twice declined to discuss the matter with reason, maintaining this week that he had "nothing to say."

reason.com...

It also didn't help Paul when video footage popped up of him admitting to his knowledge of the newsletter, even defending it's content by saying it was taken out of context.

Did anybody come forward to admit that they were behind the newsletters, not Ron Paul? That would really help Ron Paul through all this, believe me.

Ron Paul wants to end the wars and the drug war

So we should all just vote for Ron Paul! Forget about his other policies and actions folks, because that's unfair to Ron Paul! He should get the special treatment out of all the other presidential runners! Yep.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Firstly this is completely untrue

More liberals have voted for him to any other republican candidate in how long?

Newsletters get trivialized in front of Obama's support for Indefinate Detention to so many liberals

you are supporting than nothing more than a facade

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Ron Paul's lack of support of the civil rights movement was based on his anti collectivist principles, the same way affirmative action reinforces collectivism. The fact that you keep referring to the newsletters as proof of him being a racist doesn't lend you credibility to doing your homework. But if that's all the dirt you have on him then go ahead and beat that dead horse!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
So we should all just vote for Ron Paul! Forget about his other policies and actions folks, because that's unfair to Ron Paul! He should get the special treatment out of all the other presidential runners! Yep.

I will respond to your other comments shortly after my chores are done

But for now.... unfair to Ron Paul?
Ron Paul isn't dying, his house is not being bombed

It's unfair to the innocent civilians that your current president is bombing
You are under the false assumption that this thread is about Ron Paul more than it is about the victims of the war YOUR vote will support

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I've always said I like Ron Paul's foreign policy...but his domestic policies are 100% opposite of what I think and I truly believe his domestic policies are wrong and would hurt the nation.

Call me crazy...but domestic issues come before foreign policy for me.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
His record of fighting for individual rights no matter race , creed or color are apparent....

What do you mean apparent? Ron Paul doesn't support the Brown vs Board of education SCOTUS ruling of 54', he also opposed the Lawrence vs Texas ruling of 2003 which stripped the rights of States to enforce laws regulating homosexual acts in the bedroom. I mean really, where is his support for individual rights apparent?

Where?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Firstly this is completely untrue

More liberals have voted for him to any other republican candidate in how long?

Newsletters get trivialized in front of Obama's support for Indefinate Detention to so many liberals

you are supporting than nothing more than a facade

Racism can never be trivialized in todays US politics, and it is the favorite weapon of the Obama camp to use against opponents.
Even the worst political analyst of all time would be able to see Ron Paul in unelectable vs Obama, but the blind devoted worshippers will never see the handwriting on the wall.
edit on 26-12-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975

Ron Paul's lack of support of the civil rights movement was based on his anti collectivist principles, the same way affirmative action reinforces collectivism.

I'm not sure how you could link the Brown vs Board of education SCOTUS ruling of 54' to collectivism. This was a ruling, along with that of Loving vs Virginia, Lawrence vs Texas, that restored fundamental rights to the individual and protected those rights from the hands of State and Federal government. These laws ended racial zoning laws that forced private property owners, sellers, private business owners, to sell only to certain buyers, to move their businesses only to certain areas, these rulings ended State goverments from enforcing these laws on the individual. Ron Paul believes that State governments have the legitimate right to enforce these laws. Collectivism? Ron Paul is fully behind it at the State level, at the expense of individual liberty.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I don't understand racism allegation charges against the only one on the podium that doens't want to continue bombing brown people and putting blacks and hispanics and of course whites in jail for non-violent crimes.

Ron Paul is against the war on drugs, NOT because black and Hispanic people use drugs, but because it's a Libertarian stance.

Ron Paul is against the war in Afghanistan, NOT because the people are brown, but because of his Libertarian stance.

Using Paul's libertarian stances and pretending that he has these positions because of some sort of empathy for minorities is a really sick and racist way to think, IMO... And I'm not talking about you. He said the same thing... He used his position on the war on drugs to refute the racist newsletters...

Hey, I want to end the war on drugs - that proves I like black people!

Originally posted by peacemaker55
He is for freedom and liberty for every american citizen, right?

Well... That's what many would say. And that's what HE would say... But he wants to overturn Roe V Wade and allow states to make abortion illegal... As a woman, I don't feel that he places MY freedom and liberty very highly... The more I learn about him and his followers, the less I like him.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Racism can never be trivialized in todays US politics, and it is the favorite weapon of the Obama camp to use against opponents.

But shouldn't death and regional distabalization be considered more important than mere words?

Go tell minorities that got imprisoned for non-violent crimes "Listen I didn't vote for your freedom because of newsletters written 20yrs ago that has zero relevance to a candidate that doesn't want the power to control statement made in a newsletter from 20yrs ago"

Go tell muslims in the middle east
"Sorry for your house, your family and your neighbours but listen, there were these newsletters 20yrs ago and......"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join