It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carnage in Homs Syria as Tanks open Fire: Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Carnage in Homs Syria as Tanks open Fire: Video

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Terrified residents cowered in their homes on Monday in Syria's Homs, as army tanks fired shells, machineguns and mortars into their neighborhoods, and amateur video filmed by anti-government activists showed carnage in a city street.

Four bodies of what appeared to be male civilians lay bloodied under fallen power lines in a narrow alleyway of the Baba Amr district, their limbs twisted, heads gashed and brains spilling out.

"What is happening is a slaughter," said Fadi, a resident near Baba Amr who spoke to Reuters on Skype. "They hit people with mortar fire."

Baba A
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
New video from a city under siege by Syrian troops, shows indiscriminate shelling the town and bodies of the dead.
A massacre of civilians on a great scale is taking place by a dictator that is willing to commit crimes against his own people as if he owns them.

Youtube Link

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26-12-2011 by hotbread because: yt

edit on 26-12-2011 by hotbread because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
doesnt.work.homie

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbread

So are these government tanks or rebel tanks, because if they are rebel tanks they will still be called government tanks. If you get my meaning.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

working vid

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki2012

It's working.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
absolutely insane, if the facts are straight about the video this is some scary/damning evidence of Assad's position, i often wonder what the reprecussions of the U.S. abusing its integrity the world over would be, and it seems when innocent people really need us were not there.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It would be small potatos for Nato to take out the heavy armour and any airforce the syrians may wish to throw at them....
The UN would have to rule on it then, and i doubt the ruskies would agree, much less a lot of others too....Perhaps Turkey will step up to the plate.....?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Wait for it.........
Can you tell by how smoothly the tank turret moves? That is most certainly a CIA operative operating that tank!!
Haven't you figured it out yet? The only blood thirsty nation on this planet is America! The rest of the planet just wants solar power and Pokemon...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have never commented on one of these threads. My personal belief is that we have no business interfering with another Country's internal struggles. But how long can the World sit back and watch a Country slaughter their own people simply because they want change? It is the World that should step in and put a stop to this. And it is not just happening in Syria.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
be carefull this could be kaka theres a lot of propaganda in particular humanitarian propaganda flying about regarding syria right now, for all we know this could have been filmed 10 years ago somewhere else other than syria ... be carefull what you believe we know we cannot trust any news outlet and that includes reuters

since they chopped out the obvious part of the staged police brutality video at occupy, reuters is as bad as fox. the bit were the fake protestor signals the cameras first to say are you ready then signals the cops to say go! then the cops flip their lids down and start pounding the protestors which were mostly if not all actors and this was put out on reuters news as real live police brutality when in actual fact it was crap and they knew it!""

reuters screwwed up big time everything they say has to be verified now or i for 1 wont beleive it .

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
These aren't "occupy wall street" peaceful protests. These are armed rebels trying to overthrow the government with backing from the west. I'm sure the US would do the same thing if it came down to it. Unfortunately alot of innocent people just trying to live their lives get caught up in the foolishness.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
These aren't "occupy wall street" peaceful protests. These are armed rebels trying to overthrow the government with backing from the west. I'm sure the US would do the same thing if it came down to it. Unfortunately alot of innocent people just trying to live their lives get caught up in the foolishness.

what im saying is reuters are not reporting news they are making it !! therefore this story and the video could be a pack of lies

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
absolutely insane, if the facts are straight about the video this is some scary/damning evidence of Assad's position, i often wonder what the reprecussions of the U.S. abusing its integrity the world over would be, and it seems when innocent people really need us were not there.

Some say they are mostly mercs and deserters. They can always leave and take the gold they were paid with them.-----------

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
My cousin was recently chosen as a bishop in the Eastern Orthodox church, and he was supposed to have the ceremony in Syria. Due to the violence they chose a safer location, Beirut Lebanon.

When Lebanon is safer than Syria you know there is a problem.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ALEXANDROS69

It can't be Syrian military huh? Has to be US operatives you say?
Some wild jumping to conclusions going on in this thread.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbread

I was expecting to see a video showing Syrian troops shooting at the people, but now I see I was wrong.

And what I find strange is that I haven't seen one video in which we can see without a doubt government troops attacking civilians; I have seen dead, wounded, destruction, smoke rising over the buildings (like in this video, and I think I have seen that some weeks ago), but for such a supposed attack on their own people, I find it strange that I haven't seen one video that shows all that violence while it happens.

That doesn't mean I think that this is some kind of fabrication, but I do find it strange.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

They started off as protests but, when the military was sent in to kill them they started to defect and then it became an armed revolt. Assad does have the support of a small loyal group and Iran but, the military seems to be defecting in larger and larger numbers turning this from a crack down on protests into a civil war.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Cleaning up the streets

edit on 26-12-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

What's that suppose to show?

<<   2 >>

join