It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Paul's supporters are druggies and idiots

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of Ron Paul -- but if CNN is going to single him out for ridicule, when they let Newt, Bawkmann, and Herman Cain prance around like they've got something interesting to say -- it really smacks of propaganda to me.

>> Consider it a badge of honor that you are doing something GOOD ENOUGH that the media has to dismiss you.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
CNN

So, I see this as a way for CNN to say basically "you guys are nothing but drug addicts who know nothing about the economy and how it works."

I know you are but what am I?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I love how they call Ron Paul supporters druggies, because he sees the issues with the so called "war on drugs". The federal spending to combat drugs is a joke and they are still loosing the war. But it's totally legal for big pharma to push chemical laced drugs on the population, that more often than not end up killing people.

"Work shift sleep disorder" "restless leg syndrome" who the hell comes up with these disorders anyway? They almost sound made up. People should be allowed to self medicate naturaly if they choose too, thats all hes saying and the media calls these people druggies... The whole damn nation is full of druggies of the legal kind! Legal or not they are still addicted to a chemical substance to make themselfs feel normal. That is the base definition of a druggie right there...

My mother almost died because of a pain killer addiction so i'm jaded here. But have first hand experience just how dangerous these drugs can be. The real drug dealers in this country wear white lab coats and work in a multi million dollar lab, not the guy growing some hemp in his garage to help ease peoples pain naturally.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I dont know why people still get frustrated with the Media. The Media is only doing there job which is to lead people to support the Establishment Agenda. Thats their job. You may not like that but they are doing their job well. One way or another, they will continue to hammer Ron Paul for 2 reasons:

1. Ron Paul understands that the Federal Reserve needs to be destroyed. The Media understands this to so they will make it seem like Paul is out of his mind on the economy and does not know what he is talking about. They know he does.....

2. Ron Paul understands the military industrial complex which is not some conspiracy theory but a fact of U.S. history. Eisenhower warned of the military industrial complex on his way out the door and Kennedy also alluded to them in his famous speech against secret socities and secret oaths. Paul realizes how powerful the military industrial complex is in forming U.S. foreign policy. The Media understands this to so they will hammer him and act like he is a pacifist or does not understand the nature of the danger posed by N. Korea, Iran, China etc.

The MEDIA is just doing there job. If they don't do this, they will be replaced by those who will.......

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The bashing is becoming more and more intense. There is AOL article today about Paul signing a Pro-life thing they are bashing him on Huffington Post.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by henryleo
I just finished reading the same article over on CNN - take special care to notice who the AUTHOR of this "article" actually is!

David Frum's Website

Frum is a member of the board of directors of the Republican Jewish Coalition.

Didnt these guys just bar Dr. Paul from participating in a debate recently?

Oh yeah they did: in case you were unaware here is a link:
republican-jewish-coalition-bars-ron-pau l-from-debate

How come this wasn't mentioned in the little biopic blurb about this smear-piece's author? Perhaps because they want you to think its from a un-biased source...

Mr. Frum is 100% entitled to his opinion, but lets call it like it is... BIASED!

David Frum's hit pieces on Ron Paul prove unequivocably that graduating cum laude from the Harvard Law School is not a trustworthy indicicator of one's intelligence or personal integrity. I watched Frum once on CNN and he sounded like a blathering fool.
edit on 12/27/2011 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This thread is win.

Every time media tries to demonize Ron Paul, it makes me all the more willing to vote for him.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The substance responsible for allowing dreams ,near-death experiences and psychic phenomena
to occur is classified as an illegal drug in most of the more "lawful" areas of western society.

By that reasoning ,everyone could be called a "druggie". Also what was the original meaning
of the word Idiot? Non-voter in elections. That's right. We don't like voting for traitors.
So by that reckoning I'd say its a good thing to be.

Ron Paul's arguments are strong ,he's a gifted speaker with a cleaner slate than any other
politician out there. He's been doing his best to change things for the better for decades!

I'd say if anyone deserves to be president it would be him.

But you cannot rely on him alone. You yourself must take a stance.
Are you ready to take a leap of faith into the unknown? Face what you haven't faced before?

Don't impede with other's personalities. Show them how things could be and see if they like it.

The television stations are unreliable since they are owned by special interest groups ,
whose values aren't for the common good ,but against it. Let them implode on themselves.
Eventually they'll have to face the consequences of their actions.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Why would any body take what the Caballa News Network say's as fact or any other MSM news source for that matter. I watched a video earlier of what blacks thought of Ron Paul. Then I had a conversation with my neighbor Dora, a 50 something single black woman.

We spoke about Mr.Paul and what she said kinda shocked me. She said," The government is going to kill that man before I get a chance to give him my vote". So we agreed we both would vote for Ron Paul. She had a name she used for Obama, She called him...Obailout.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think all this strife could be avoided if people would simply stand up for and vote for the one they want - and forget completely about the latest polls and popularity, especially when it's coming from money- and power-addicted Tri-Lats and the Bilderburg/Rothschild-run media. It's almost to the point where people will change their vote just so they can consider themselves to be on the "winning team, "and the media know it.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

As much as I agree with Ron Pauls views and the good he could do for America I strongly believe that Ron Paul is too little too late.

The Plug has been pulled and we are just entering the Whirlpool with no way back.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
reply to post by tw0330

As much as I agree with Ron Pauls views and the good he could do for America I strongly believe that Ron Paul is too little too late.

The Plug has been pulled and we are just entering the Whirlpool with no way back.

I so hope you are wrong. But if history proves anything, you may be right.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
I didn't read "druggies" or "idiots" in there.

Maybe you taking it a bit too personally? It is an opinion piece.

No the words were not in there but you need to be able to read and comprehend to understand what is being said.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Thats the problem isnt it, if we had payed any proper attention to History and learnt the valuable lessons that should have been learned then we wouldnt be in this position.

We have disregarded Mother Nature as a tool/resource to be used and abused rather than treating this world with respect, we, as in humanity, have become self obsessed and single minded, believing that this life is all about getting money and being powerful rather than focusing on Family, Love, Experience and Emotion.

Civilization as we know it just doesnt work, full stop.

If a Nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization it expects what never was and never will be - Thomas Jefferson

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

Very much so. I seem to think that TPTB actually are learning from history in order to bring down our country. The politicians only care about their own pockets to see what they are really doing, that or don't care.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Yeah thats a good point, The 'Elites', for want of a better word, are not stupid people and have studied History to look at the best techniques to keep the population occupied and distracted whilst they pull strings from the top and do as they please.

From a politicians POV I believe Survival instict kicks in; I need to keep me and mine safe and secure, so as long as I'm good thats all that matters. Its just the way that people think, and you cant really blame them, its our corrupt systems, not the politicians that are to blame.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

Well, It is the politicians that created the system we know of today.

So I'd say the politicians have a little to do with it.

I do like your thought on the "survival instinct." Makes since to me.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This just in from the news wire...

CNN FINALLY RECOGNIZES DOCTOR RON PAUL'S GROWING POPULARITY
AMONG YOUNG VOTERS. CLAIMS HE IS NOW TIED WITH NEWT GINGRICH.

Washington (CNN) -- Texas congressman Ron Paul now leads among Iowa Republicans and has tied Newt Gingrich for second in New Hampshire. Republican conservatives have cycled through a series of "Not Mitts." Is it now Paul's turn? Paul's core following has been small but fervid. However, Paul now is gaining a larger following, especially among younger voters...
edit on 27-12-2011 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

Originally posted by antonia
I didn't read "druggies" or "idiots" in there.

Maybe you taking it a bit too personally? It is an opinion piece.

No the words were not in there but you need to be able to read and comprehend to understand what is being said.

I did read it, perhaps it's because I'm not emotionally tied to Ron Paul, but I'm just not seeing it. I think you are just taking it too personally.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It's unbelievable the amount of stupidity at CNN, not only in the reporters but the whole management. They started out as a bigtime operation and now they're Nothing. What they fail to realize is the public isn't stupid and don't buy the bias, lies and deceit they're famous for. If they're still on the air 5 years from now they be broadcasting from the outdoor toilet in some rest area.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join