It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Paul's supporters are druggies and idiots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Written by David Frum Wiki

A former economic speechwriter for President George W. Bush, he is also the author of the first "insider" book about the Bush presidency.

Wrote some of those famous idiot comments by old W.

He is the founder of FrumForum.com (formerly NewMajority.com), a political group blog,[3] and serves on the board of directors of the Republican Jewish Coalition.

Frum earned his Juris Doctor (J.D.) at Harvard Law School in 1987.

From 1994 through 2000 he was a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research. During the 1990s he attended "three or four" Bilderberg Group meetings as a guest of Conrad Black.

Bilderberg Alert!!!

Still a Canadian citizen, he was one of the few foreign nationals working within the Bush White House. He had filed for naturalization and took the oath of citizenship on September 11, 2007.[12] Frum served as Special Assistant to the President for Economic Speechwriting from January 2001 to February 2002. He is credited with inventing the expression “axis of evil” Bush introduced in his 2002 State of the Union address, since Frum's wife, Danielle Crittenden, bragged about it in e-mails that were picked up by the media.[13] Frum shortly afterwards resigned from his position.

He invented the phrase "Axis of Evil".

What a complete joke this guy is. He is the epitome of what is wrong with this nation. A highly deceptive manipulative propaganda artist.

Can we deport this fool back to Canada please?!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Send this to CNN

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Frum was a fellow of the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank, from 2003 until March 25, 2010, when his paid position was terminated and he declined to accept the offer of a non-paying position.

He worked for think tanks but he doesn't appear to actually think about things very much to be honest.

American Enterprise Institute (wiki)

Some AEI scholars are considered to be some of the leading architects of the second Bush administration's public policy.[6] More than twenty AEI scholars and fellows served either in a Bush administration policy post or on one of the government's many panels and commissions.

Oh really who are his buddies?

Among the prominent former government officials now affiliated with AEI are former U.S. ambassador to the U.N. John Bolton, now an AEI senior fellow; former chairman of the National Endowment for the Humanities; Lynne Cheney, a longtime AEI senior fellow; former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, now an AEI senior fellow; former Dutch member of parliament Ayaan Hirsi Ali, an AEI visiting fellow; and former deputy secretary of defense Paul Wolfowitz, now an AEI visiting scholar. Other prominent individuals affiliated with AEI include Kevin Hassett, Frederick W. Kagan, Leon Kass, Charles Murray, Michael Novak, Norman J. Ornstein, Richard Perle, Radek Sikorski, Christina Hoff Sommers, and Peter J. Wallison.[7]

Let me guess old Newt asked him to write this piece as a pay-back for what happened last week?

Who else do we have here?
Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Ayaan Hirsi Magan Ali , 13 November 1969) is a Somali-Dutch feminist and atheist activist, writer and politician who is known for her views as a prominent critic of Islam, as well as strongly opposing its related practices of circumcision and female genital cutting.

So let me get this straight. She hangs out with a bunch of Jewish folks, but is hard core anti-circumcision? How bizarre, it's almost as if they are dividing and conquering by controlling both sides of the paradigm and controlling the opposition points of view, and creating false outrage among the large populations that practice circumcision. I find this terribly contradictory.

She sought and obtained political asylum in the Netherlands in 1992, under circumstances that later became the center of a political controversy. In 2003 she was elected a member of the House of Representatives (the lower house of the Dutch parliament), representing the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD).

So she somehow moved to the Netherlands and then became part of the Dutch govt? How??

Ayaan Hirsi Ali was born into a Majerteen family

Oh! Ok that's why, shes blood Nobility!

Majeerteen

is a Somali clan. Its members form a part of the Harti confederation of Darod sub-clans, and primarily inhabit the Puntland region in northeastern Somalia. The Majeerteen Sultanates played an important role in the pre-independence era. The clan has produced two presidents and three prime ministers since 1960, as well as a Sultan and a King (Boqor). Majeerteens also held many other important government posts in the 1960s and early 1970s, and continue to play a key role in Puntland.

No wonder there is so much turmoil in Somalia. The people there probably don't want to be ruled by the nobility, and so they are trying to get their globalist buddies to reinstate their rule?

Just a guess. I could be wrong but it looks pretty obvious from a 5minute investigation glance.

I shouldn't have to really tell people about all of these other names ( check out Paul Wolfowitz - World Bank president). Go check the links to see all the dirt on these megalomaniac control-freaks.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
look up david frum on wikipedia:

He is the founder of FrumForum.com (formerly NewMajority.com), a political group blog,[3] and serves on the board of directors of the Republican Jewish Coalition.[4]

Obviously quite biased source of opinion, he is an zionist shill, neocon terrorist supporter.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
reply to post by antonia

ok, guess I was wrong then. No one would ever think this from an article that says

Paul now is gaining a larger following, especially among younger voters attracted by his message of drug legalization and his comprehensive -- if utterly wrong-headed -- explanation of the country's economic crisis.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Not unless they were overly emotional and reading it into there. I'm sorry, I just don't see "Druggies" or "idiots" there. He says he thinks they are wrong, that is not equal to "Druggie" or "Idiot".
edit on 26-12-2011 by antonia because: opps

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hold fast! Ron Paul is the only real leader. The rest are just Obama 2.0, more plastic men!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I don't really care for Paul, then again I really don't care for any of the other ones either because to be honest, there is no such thing as the perfect candidate.

Regardless, what the MSM have been doing to every GOP front runner, and now Paul, is wrong!

There is a pattern that has been formed and It is extremely blatant what the media continue to do and the reason has become apparent because you know damn well they have selected Romney.
The 2012 nomination has already been promised to Romney.

Romney will be the GOP candidate.
That decision was made back when he went up against McCain in 2007.
Romney was leading McCain until the Bilderbergs met secretly with Hillary and Barack.
Only after the decision was made as to who would be running was when McCain's "popularity" surpassed that of Romney's.
The next President may have already been selected.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I dont care if they generalize the public as druggies, or idiots. They are the ones who are supposedly putting stuff into the water to make us this way
so what I dont get is why arent they rejoicing? Dr Paul probably will not win, if he does will he end up like JFK?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
CNN is just mad because a lot of herb smokers have high IQ's, and are intellectual. Haters are gonna hate.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is just a tawdry smear attack by a former George W. Bush assistant and quasi-"conservative" writer. He's doing his best to ensure the GOP establishment candidate remains unchallenged.

Too bad CNN didn't have comments turned on for this blog hit-piece. They, like FOX, obviously love giving this character assassin a voice to post his vitriol.

David Frum

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
2 out of 3 ain't bad. paul for '12.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
I cant see this changing anyones vote.

People who DO support Ron Paul will vote for him.

People who won't, simply won't.

There are a lot of confused, undecided sheeple that rely heavily on what they think the majority are thinking in order to make their own decisions.

"Opinion polls", for example, are usually presented to these type of people to say "this is what most most people are thinking". "This is what you should do!"

In May last year, there was a very heated debate over whether people should vaccinate their child, and the local paper here "The Advertiser" decided to do a poll. Usually with their polls, there would be between 100-150 people who would actually take part, and like I said, this was a very heated topic at the time. Look what happened...

Fourteen people?! Someone "pulled the plug" because it wasn't looking good!

edit on 26/12/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
I personally take that as an insult to me from the media. After being a Ron Paul supporter, and seeing how the media continues to attack Ron Paul's "supporters" read: Americans, inluding me, I will never EVER watch another program on CNN, MSNBC, FOX, or any other media channel ever again. They have lost my business. It's one thing to attack a presidential candidate, but to attack his supporters, every-day Americans? Down right wrong.

You never were their business. All major media outlets in the US today are public relations firms. Their customers are not the people that watch. Their customers are corporations that pay them to promote things that profit those corporations. Arms manufacturers, insurance companies, drug companies, companies that profit from government bailouts, etc. Corporations like that stand to lose quite a bit if Ron Paul is elected. Watch the commercials on news channels and their affiliates. Compare their editorials to the companies sponsoring the commercials

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

top economists dont have a clue how the economy works.. So..? Uh.. Wth? The economy in a nutshell. People with money hoard it, and then tell their buddies their gonna split derivitives, and prop up some stocks before bailing on them, and pocketing even larger hoards of money. Then get bailout by the supposed "druggies" who dont have a clue, yet do have a clue they are getting scammed. Someone should call that show "Buried alive: hoarding" on these bums, and start hauling away all their monopoly money!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I support Ron Paul. I've got really, REALLy long hair. Want a sample?

No drugs here and the only idiot I see is CNN.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
CNN= most idiotic.. low iq's "people there are" get real...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Does anyone actually read the OP, or even the article itself?

They don't say his supporters are druggies and idiots...
They don't say he's racist.

All they say is the facts of the situation.

Young people agree with Ron Paul's pro-legalization stance...FACT.
People who wrote his newsletter included racist writings...FACT.
Then the article makes it clear Ron Paul wasn't a racist...FACT.
So they say his explanation of the economy is wrong...just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you are calling them an idiot.

/facepalm

C'mon ATS. You're slipping.

edit on 27-12-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Look, I love Ron Paul...but this article presents a lot of clear FACTS.

Just because you don't want to acknowledge these facts, doesn't make them any less factual.

Nor is it wholly accurate to describe Paul's strategy of appealing to the extremes as "abandoned." Ron Paul delivered the keynote address to the John Birch Society as recently as the summer of 2009. He is a frequent guest on the Alex Jones radio program, the central station for 9/11 Trutherism. As I can attest first-hand, anybody who writes negatively about Paul will see his email inbox fill rapidly with anti-Semitic diatribes.

"I uncovered the New Money plans in my last term in the US Congress, and I held the ugly new bills in my hands. I can tell you - they made my skin crawl! "These totalitarian bills were tinted pink and blue and brown, and blighted with holograms, diffraction gratings, metal and plastic threads, and chemical alarms. It wasn't money for a free people. It was a portable inquisition, a paper 'third degree' to allow the feds to keep track of American cash, and American citizens." Also genuine, however, is the huckster aspect of the Ron Paul persona. That's the persona that terrifies people who had never before heard of "diffraction grating" that the government might use this optical scanning technology, which can detect counterfeiting, to wiretap their wallets.
Ron Paul's admirers see him as a man of integrity. They are tragically mistaken about that. Despite his too-dotty-to-lie persona, Ron Paul is not in fact on the level. In evading responsibility for his newsletters, Paul has replied "I don't know" and "I don't remember" to queries whose answers he must know and surely remembers.

OMGZ!!! The new money will have diffraction gratings! AHHHH!

You've been played like fools.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

And you would expect them to shed Ron Paul supporters in a good light? LMAO! I'm not a druggie and while I may not be the most intelligent among us, I am by far an idiot! I have enough of a brain in my head to see what they are doing.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
I personally take that as an insult to me from the media. After being a Ron Paul supporter, and seeing how the media continues to attack Ron Paul's "supporters" read: Americans, inluding me, I will never EVER watch another program on CNN, MSNBC, FOX, or any other media channel ever again. They have lost my business. It's one thing to attack a presidential candidate, but to attack his supporters, every-day Americans? Down right wrong.
lol, what's wrong with attacking a bunch of drugged up hipsters?

I'm joking of course...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join