It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What I find ironic is that the better quality american made products are cheaper in the long run so that that makes me wonder if the movement of the manufacturing plants overseas is similar to crop rotation. they roatate to the next cheaper field of workers willing to work for slave wages.

I'm going to find that list and print it out for home repair supplies.

The list

theallamericanhome.com...

edit on 26-12-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That's why I try to shop at mom and pop small business and stores that carry American-made products and support American jobs. I agree with you.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
That's awesome! I am going to print the list too.

For the last few years I have been trying to find and buy american made things. I buy a lot of stuff on etsy..now I know some of the materials are not made here but at least they are sewn or put together by americans..which makes me feel a bit better.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wow man thanks for posting! My brother's a foreman for a company that makes custom windows and cabinets. I'm going to send him this. I've been trying for 50+% Made in America. If I can't do that, then I try for the British or German counterparts. This is nothing against China, but the stuff they pump out is 90% crap that falls apart in 5 minutes. The ones I listed above seem to be the ones with the highest standards. I'm tired of stuff that breaks, I can't afford to keep replacing it.

ETA: To the poster above...I love Etsy! That's where I get just about all of my crochet and sewing patterns. Some of the people on there are extremely creative.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Ranthenae because: added something

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have tried to explain this to people all the time, except from a different angle. Sometimes I will have problems locating something locally and I will start asking around but that is usually an exercise in futility because everyone seems say, "did you check walmart".

I once tried the cheaper route and paid dearly. Being mechanically inclined, I bought me a great deal on some Taiwan made tools, knowing better the whole time. Growing up, my dad taught me there are only three good brands of tools, anything else was junk. Well, I was struggling with a somewhat stuck bolt and the socket busted and I ended up with two broken fingers and a severely bruised elbow. From that day on I learned my lesson from buying cheap products.

Removing the financial cost of the broken fingers from the economic equation I learned that I lost money buying cheap. For one, the set cost me 20 dollars. After the part failure I had an incomplete set and did not do me any good. I had to replace the set. I looked and I found an equivalent set for 30 dollars that was made in USA, or I could go get the same cheap set again for 20 dollars. I already had spent money on the cheap set, as my throbbing fingers reminded me of the dangers. I could buy the 20 dollar set twice or I could buy the 30 dollar set once.

edit on 26-12-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join