It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harassment of young girl deepens Israel’s debate on ultra-Orthodox Jews

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

So, I don't know why the ultra orthodox Jews and the Taliban fight. Seems they have the same social attitudes.

For the same reason anyone with indefensible beliefs. It is quite simply because that's the only way to achieve compliance. "If you're not with us, you're against us." Their beliefs may be the same regarding oppression of females, but otherwise their stances, though to us similar if not the same, are entirely at odds with each other. Only *their* way is the right way.

I'm sure that for women who have always lived with this mentality and haven't the presence of mind (for whatever reason) to see it for what it is, that their lives will be quite bewildering when their shackles fall away. I doubt they will appreciate it much, as when the USSR fell and the people who had known nothing but that oppression were allowed, even expected, to make their own choices and find their own motivation. I've heard so many over the years lament "the good old days of the Soviet Union" and all its greatness. They still don't see it for what it was. It was safe for them, somehow. Illusion is like that.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
You can sum these bastards up in two words.

JEWISH TALIBAN.

I dont see NATO protecting her rights. Why does'nt America attack this town, the rights of this girls are being abused by religious fantatics the same if not worse than the Taliban.

Why isnt the west invading to save her and her like.

Well, due to the complicated parliamentary balance in Israel today, many of these fringe loonies are represented by political parties that hold the more mainstream for ransom...kingmakers, if you will.

So...annoy the loonies and you lose your power. Sure makes for interesting politics, doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sugarhitman

This is no way an internal matter , as you put it when they are willing to chastise any women , or female child that is not dressed correctly,(as they see it , from head to foot in clothing) in "their" country .No matter what the race or creed i.e could be american ,british, spanish etc. I dont see how this can be an internal matter?

This is an internal matter that revolves around religious laws regarding women

why?
edit on 30-12-2011 by imnothereru because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I wonder if Bill Mhar will talk about this on his show , most likely not .

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by diakrite

Funny I've ask the same thing . I bet it aplies to other religion OR ideologies

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Don't worry. This is exactly the sort of thing that will end the patriarchy we're under still for a short time. It will end.

Men, at this point, need to really consider their thoughts and actions. They need to really think about why they feel they are superior to women. If they genuinely cannot come up with anything other than the usual line of _______, then they should really strongly consider changing their tack before they cause unfortunate personal results. Women too who adhere to this banal thinking, whether it is for their own personal safety or not, very much need to reassess their point of view. The Feminine is rising. There is no stopping it.

Yet I bet you think nothing of Israeli's pro-feminist policies that prevent non-custodial fathers from seeing their kid's, or being forced into homelessness because of obscene child support and alimony amounts? Then again when hate is directed against males people like you tend to call for a standing ovation.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Oh, is that what I think? Good of you to let me know. Anything else about myself I should be aware of?

Does this mean that you think men should dictate the lives of their family members? Does this mean that you think women should just bend over and accept whatever is given? Men know best, eh?

I'm sure this girl would disagree. The little girl at the heart of this thread is unlikely to disagree. I think women who are subjugated and oppressed by men (and the bizarre women who assist men in said subjugation) must be taken to task now. The patriarchy is falling. Men can take their place alongside women or they will have to be taken down a notch. It's really up to men at this point. That's why I said to check your own thinking. So check your own thinking and quit looking for sympathy. There is none to be found, as you will soon see. Watch patriarchy die.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join