It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harassment of young girl deepens Israel’s debate on ultra-Orthodox Jews

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
www.dawn.com...

www.vosizneias.com...

The statement appeared to have been prompted by an expose aired on Israel`s top-rated weekend television news about spiralling intra-Jewish friction in Beit Shemesh, a town of about 87,000 people near Jerusalem. Eight-year-old Naama Margolese told Channel Two TV she was terrified of walking to her moderate Orthodox school because of passersby who wanted her “to dress like a Haredi” – the Hebrew term for the ascetic, black-coated Jews who are in “awe” of God. “I`m afraid I might get hurt or something,” the girl said. Margolese`s mother Hadassa, an American immigrant who wore a headscarf and skirt in deference to religious Jewish tradition, said the sidewalk abuse could include spitting, curses like “whores” and “bastards” and calls to “clear out of here”. Channel Two showed a Beit Shemesh street sign ordering women to keep to one side, away from a synagogue. A few ultra-Orthodox men who were interviewed disavowed religiously motivated aggression toward women. Others sought to justify it. Some shunned the TV crew, shouting at the journalists to leave.

Wouldnt one think that jews would have learned from the past? Instead they turn out to be one of the more racist countries we have.
I think it is time a lot of people in the world that are protective over israel because of either guilt of religious reasons wake up and open their eyes for once.Isreal is not the poor victim here ,they are AS BAD as the ones they themselves blaime for just about anything.

This video has to be seen and understood.
The reporters ended being stoned and had some of their material and equipment stolen it seems

EDIT:

(I would have taken more time and make a more eleborate post but i dont have the time right now ,i apologise for that.I just saw this and thought it should receive some attention at least.I managed to watch 3Q of the video but not more but i think it should be seen)

edit on 26-12-2011 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Don't worry. This is exactly the sort of thing that will end the patriarchy we're under still for a short time. It will end.

Men, at this point, need to really consider their thoughts and actions. They need to really think about why they feel they are superior to women. If they genuinely cannot come up with anything other than the usual line of _______, then they should really strongly consider changing their tack before they cause unfortunate personal results. Women too who adhere to this banal thinking, whether it is for their own personal safety or not, very much need to reassess their point of view. The Feminine is rising. There is no stopping it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Jesus cursed the Pharisees as the Synagogue Satan. He then said to love God and love your neighbors to gain eternal life in Luke 10. He then said to bless your enemies and pray for those who curse you. He also said to turn the other cheek. The only Hebrews in the land today that are doing this very thing are the Messianic Jews. God's primary commands to men are to love God with your whole heart and love your neighbor as yourself. All the characters are back in the land again. 7 Billion souls are on earth to see the return of Christ. All eyes will see, even those who pierced Christ 2000 years ago.

Revelation 1:7

7 “Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
So shall it be! Amen.

Originally posted by Rafe_
www.dawn.com...

www.vosizneias.com...

The statement appeared to have been prompted by an expose aired on Israel`s top-rated weekend television news about spiralling intra-Jewish friction in Beit Shemesh, a town of about 87,000 people near Jerusalem. Eight-year-old Naama Margolese told Channel Two TV she was terrified of walking to her moderate Orthodox school because of passersby who wanted her “to dress like a Haredi” – the Hebrew term for the ascetic, black-coated Jews who are in “awe” of God. “I`m afraid I might get hurt or something,” the girl said. Margolese`s mother Hadassa, an American immigrant who wore a headscarf and skirt in deference to religious Jewish tradition, said the sidewalk abuse could include spitting, curses like “whores” and “bastards” and calls to “clear out of here”. Channel Two showed a Beit Shemesh street sign ordering women to keep to one side, away from a synagogue. A few ultra-Orthodox men who were interviewed disavowed religiously motivated aggression toward women. Others sought to justify it. Some shunned the TV crew, shouting at the journalists to leave.

Wouldnt one think that jews would have learned from the past? Instead they turn out to be one of the more racist countries we have.
I think it is time a lot of people in the world that are protective over israel because of either guilt of religious reasons wake up and open their eyes for once.Isreal is not the poor victim here ,they are AS BAD as the ones they themselves blaime for just about anything.

The reporters ended being stoned and had some of their material and equipment stolen it seems

EDIT:

(I would have taken more time and make a more eleborate post but i dont have the time right now ,i apologise for that.I just saw this and thought it should receive some attention at least.I managed to watch 3Q of the video but not more but i think it should be seen)

edit on 26-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It's just a nice example how orthodoxy seems to harbour, and stimulate a primitive mob-like nucleus.

Question is, is orthodoxy attractive to those with sociopath tendencies, or do sociopath tendencies create orthodoxy?

Chicken-egg..........

I have no problem with religious people, i DO have a problem with those that seem to think they are on this earth as " chosen" people, and as such have the right to dictate others how to behave, on threat of violence.

Jews, muslim.. I hope all bearded loonies eradicate each other in their spiralling hatred. LEt's just hope that, in their msguided righteousness, they do not take the world down with them.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You can sum these bastards up in two words.

JEWISH TALIBAN.

I dont see NATO protecting her rights. Why does'nt America attack this town, the rights of this girls are being abused by religious fantatics the same if not worse than the Taliban.

Why isnt the west invading to save her and her like.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This is what Hillary Clinton said about the abuse of women in Israel

Speaking to a closed forum in Washington on Saturday, Clinton criticized recent legislative attempts in Israel to restrict left-wing organizations and expressed shock over growing discrimination against Israeli women. She mentioned cases of IDF soldiers leaving during performances of female singers and the fact that females sit in the back of buses in certain places in Israel. Clinton said that some of these phenomena reminded her of Iran.

It does look like the Talibans or worst.

edit on 26-12-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
And apparently heating up.
news.yahoo.com...

Clashes erupted on Monday between police and several hundred ultra-Orthodox Jews from a town near Jerusalem who are campaigning for men and women to be segregated, an AFP journalist said.

Israeli police had stepped up their patrols in Beit Shemesh following unrest sparked by discrimination against women imposed by a radical fringe of the town's religious Jews.

Several demonstrators were taken in for questioning after police, and journalists were roughed up and insulted by ultra-Orthodox men telling them to "clear off," the journalist said.

Though the reaction from Israel's Police Chief is less than underwhelming.

But while police could be held responsible for ensuring the public's safety, the broader issue at hand was not a matter for security enforcement, according to Israel's police chief. "It is important to remember that the phenomenon of segregating women is first and foremost a social issue, and therefore the solution to it should not just be from police," Yohanan Danino told members of the Knesset's foreign and defence committee Monday morning.

So, I don't know why the ultra orthodox Jews and the Taliban fight. Seems they have the same social attitudes.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
They have offered the perfect solution: Segregate them. All the Taliban and the ultra-orthodox Jews should be isolated until they can play nicely with the other kids. No women to do their bidding. Let them show their superiority. The women and children can be in peace for once.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm sure these idiots take their cue from the last lot of thugs dressed in black

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
you see how these pigs treat their own kind? now is it really a stretch to believe what the arabs in the region claim against them? these top of the line jews are VERY smart and got a hand in EVERYTHING, they seek a quiet genocide against all not like them, especially other european/arabs/semites.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

I was so shocked by this video , the treatment of women an girls, the extreme hatred towards women an girls and the segregation.They were respectfully clothed even the mother covered her head with a headscarf, yet that was not enough.Men wanted them to completely cover themselves from head to foot in clothing even cover there face! If they do not they get spit upon an called names, this is so wrong, jews have alot to answer for .Yet when anything goes wrong for them in other countries they play the "jew card", quoting hitler and how many jews were killed,They forget everyone else that was in that war too that were also killed like the disabled,sick the infirm,polish,homosexuals, political people etc , oh no its just about them, the jews, so we are supposed to feel sorry for them , i think not,making women walk on the other side of the street, im disgusted.Women and girls ahve the same rights on this planet as everyone else, why should jewish men think they are chosen and above the rest, people like this really make me mad.Every human being has the right to behave how they wish ,and dress how they choose, its there life, no matter what race creed or colour, no jewish zealot has the right to torment women and children in the streets,no matter who they are.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_
www.dawn.com...

www.vosizneias.com...

EDIT:

Wouldnt one think that jews would have learned from the past? Instead they turn out to be one of the more racist countries we have. I think it is time a lot of people in the world that are protective over israel because of either guilt of religious reasons wake up and open their eyes for once.Isreal is not the poor victim here ,they are AS BAD as the ones they themselves blaime for just about anything.

This is an internal matter that revolves around religious laws regarding women...which has nothing to do with racism. Religious Jews are not completely integrated into the larger Israeli society, where women, and minorities are accepted...so I dont understand why you are using this to attack the Israeli state? Israel isnt perfect, but compared to many states in that region, it is by far the more democratic and tolerant towards women and minorities.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by imnothereru
reply to post by Rafe_

I was so shocked by this video , the treatment of women an girls, the extreme hatred towards women an girls and the segregation.They were respectfully clothed even the mother covered her head with a headscarf, yet that was not enough.Men wanted them to completely cover themselves from head to foot in clothing even cover there face! If they do not they get spit upon an called names, this is so wrong, jews have alot to answer for .Yet when anything goes wrong for them in other countries they play the "jew card", quoting hitler and how many jews were killed,They forget everyone else that was in that war too that were also killed like the disabled,sick the infirm,polish,homosexuals, political people etc , oh no its just about them, the jews, so we are supposed to feel sorry for them , i think not,making women walk on the other side of the street, im disgusted.Women and girls ahve the same rights on this planet as everyone else, why should jewish men think they are chosen and above the rest, people like this really make me mad.Every human being has the right to behave how they wish ,and dress how they choose, its there life, no matter what race creed or colour, no jewish zealot has the right to torment women and children in the streets,no matter who they are.

What does this have to do with the Holocaust? Also the Israeli state does not enforce discriminatory laws against women. Every religious sect have their extremists, while some religions are extremist (like Islam). Using this internal matter to attack Jews and ridicule the Holocaust is pretty abhorrent.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It takes a certain mind to take a social religious issue and call it racism. Girl is Jewish,you know. The religious fundamentalist that spitted on her was Jewish. What that got to do with race?
Boy, people see that it is Israel and then they feel that it is time to water the hate so it will grow and burn even more.
Honor killing are better? Are Arabs racists and pigs because of that?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
you see how these pigs treat their own kind? now is it really a stretch to believe what the arabs in the region claim against them? these top of the line jews are VERY smart and got a hand in EVERYTHING, they seek a quiet genocide against all not like them, especially other european/arabs/semites.

Those Jews are not slaughtering "their own kind", and this has nothing to do with the Israeli-Arab conflict. The Israelis dont even have a death penalty for Islamic-Arab terrorists who point blank targets Jews of all ages...and we are to believe they have a genocidal policy against Arabs? In reality, its the other way around, dont believe me? Just read the writings and sermons authored by Arabs and Islamic clerics about their goal to exterminate the Jews. The Israelis are struggling against Arab-Nazis and their supporters, and it's their right to do so.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
You can sum these bastards up in two words.

JEWISH TALIBAN.

I dont see NATO protecting her rights. Why does'nt America attack this town, the rights of this girls are being abused by religious fantatics the same if not worse than the Taliban.

Why isnt the west invading to save her and her like.

LOL! Thats because 1. Israel has nukes. 2. This is not a humanitarian crises where women are being slaughtered.

Your suggestion is quite extreme.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sugarhitman

They may not be enforcing the laws,in an official sense, but did you actually watch the video?These zealots are taking it upon themselves to make women an girls lives living hell! Do you agree with what they are doing?These people are jewish, they are pushing the beliefs in peoples faces if they don't conform they humiliate them and make there lives hell, would you wish this for your family??Are we not not free to do as we wish (within reason)Would you want beliefs pressed upon you,or your kids , your wife? Every time you walked out your door, or walked 300 metres down the road??Or to be spat at an called slut etc?? This is so wrong in so many ways, i suggest you watch the video again.As for the holocaust ever since then the jews have been crying over it,saying it was them that were persecuted what about the other god knows how many thousands? people forget that.So we should ignore this sort of behaviour from jewish people, just because a lot of poor jews were killed in the holocaust.In that case shall we ignore any behaviour from disabled and homosexuals, an minority groups because they died too? Methinks you really need to watch the video again

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Judaist extremism is often overlooked since it is a problem in only one country - Israel, but events like these should remind us that no abrahamic religion is free of mysogyny and human rights abuse. Every religion has its taliban-like extremists, judaism is no exception. And they should be opposed in any way possible.
I am glad to hear about the demonstration organised by secular activists against the orthodox jews. People should not remain silent in these cases.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sexually repressed religious idiots.

I bet they are very intimate with their religious brothers. If you know what I mean.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
you see how these pigs treat their own kind? now is it really a stretch to believe what the arabs in the region claim against them?

Lovely ... quoting right out of the Hamas playbook. Jews = pigs and apes.
In human. Therefore, worthy of destruction.

Fundamentalist ANYTHING .. be it fundamentalist Jews, Muslims, Christians ... gets really really WONKY.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join