It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be no uprising, no change, no revolution, in america. "They" are winning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
**Please read this thread all the way through**

Why Not?

The reason I make this statement (which I'm stating as a 100% fact) is because I have watched, thought, meditated, and debated with myself over the current situation we find ourselves in here in america. We see corruption, on a widespread scale in all branches of our government. We see the constitution has been turned into the step-child of america, ignored and largely unknown. We see americans turning a blind eye to atrocities committed by, or endorsed by our government in favor of a new pair of jordans, a season premier, or celebrity news.

Here on ATS, we all claim to know, and many of us claim to be awake and aware. We claim to shun TV, and mainstream brainwashing, but after thought, and study, I feel that we are not awake. I feel that while we discuss early 2000's methods of population control, and keeping people calm and quiet, "they" have already moved on to 2020's methods of control. Less subliminal, more overt psychological programming.

We can all agree that 2011 has been one of the most interesting years to be alive, between skirmishes, court cases, bills passed, threats made, assassinations, and violations. But we've also seen a fair share of popularity given to what some call "grassroots resistance". However, none of this resistance is taken too seriously, or even supported, and people who do support wonder why. At this point I feel it easiest to do a few short case by case analysis.

1) Anonymous

This year we saw a rise in the popularity and boldness of "hacktivist group" anonymous. Though they claim to be master hackers, many people look at them as "a few kids who know how to issue DDOS". No matter your view of them, they exist, and have had numerous operations in opposition of our government. They challenge, boldly, the status quo, and fight what they feel is injustice.

The public largely ignores them, due to the fact that all of the general publics info comes from MSM. ATS seems to be split 3 ways. One group supports, the 2nd group feels they are gonna ruin internet freedoms, and the 3rd believes that they are paid agents pushing the internet control agenda. All 3 stances have support the back up their viewpoint.

It is now my feeling that TPTB issue sources to make people believe that ANON are government run. That's the best way to kill the support of conspiracy theorist or "aware individuals". Make them believe that they can't support this group, because they are run by the government and pushing the internet censorship agenda.

Sadly, with that "revelation" there comes no resistance from ATS members, fighting the censorship agenda. Just on to the next breaking alternative news topic. There's a serious missing link there.

2) Alex Jones

Often used as a source here, Alex has been ridiculed for being a fear mongering hot head, and also has been accused of working for big brother. Alex has been running his mouth, bashing TPTB, and educated generally unaware amerians for years. Considering he's a part of the conspiracy community, assassination would be a terrible option. Untimely death wouldn't work, because people would get suspicious. So instead of million dollar assassination options, or discred. campaigns, I believe TPTB simply paid a few bloggers, to post blogs about Alex Jones working for big brother. From there, it was a wrap.

See the easiest way to kill somebody's support isn't to discredit everything they say anymore. Just make it look like they're tricking you, and working with the people you should be fighting.

3) OWS

Largely disputed, and often misunderstood due to misreporting and such OWS was a big part of 2011. And whether you like it or not, we all learned at least 1 lesson from OWS. On ATS, people were largely supportive (85%) of what OWS was supposed to be. I say supposed to be because when it originated (I was involved so I'm not speaking an uninformed opinion) it wasn't a "give us free #" movement. The core principals involved feeding the hungry, and providing them shelter and that's what all the Iraq and Afghan war money should have been spent on. And another big part was people PROTESTING Obama saying he should end the fed, end the wars, and help put americans back to work. The majority of the people at my local GA said they would probably be voting for Ron Paul. It wasn't any more than a matter of weeks before OWS became pegged as a "send me to school for free, Obama we love you, free housing, free everything" type movement. Around a month later, FOX NEWS (of all freaking sources) reported that OWS was a group of paid protesters. This caught on like wildfire, with people dragging George Soros and Van Jones into it, again, with sources to back it up.

What if…. What if, the ones who were paid, weren't the original group, but the second group. What if, the point was for people to believe OWS was a movement funded fully by Soros and such, to take away the support of those who could potentially support the movement. Those who would potentially support, are US, conspiracy theorists, and "aware individuals".

Could it be that "they" figured out that the easiest way to quell an uprising is to let it start, then turn off the potential support to the idea. If so, are we gonna fight this, ever? I doubt it. Because every time something starts, all people say now is "I don't want to be dumb by getting involved in a govt sponsored uprising.

It's a sad state of affairs, and I hope you read this far. =) Feedback please.

Peace
edit on 26-12-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I think all these "movements" are a facade....meant to hide the new tactics of the ME...the only way into places like China and the ME really is to set up false grass roots movements and remove governments by proxy....it could happen in the US but it would take more than a bunch of hippie protesters screaming "rable rable.....we want free stuff"......OWS.....it was discredited from the get go because they refused leadership or support from any known civil rights groups .....they were part of the problem they say....no, no, no....they were fighting the good fight before these kids were even a thought in their parents mind....but hey.....why not scream like idiots instead of organizing EVERYONE under a common cause.....Leadership isnt such a bad thing....its when you dont have it that a group can be "used" as a whole for a purpose largely unknow....

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

You believe that? occupyatlanta.org and you'll see records of numerous meetings between organizers and rev. Joseph E. Lowery, even RD Abernathy, and other people who played a major part in civil rights down here. You'll also find I believe on the OWS main occupations site where they had contact, through Atlanta, with civil rights leaders down here. The civil rights leaders had no intentions of hitting the streets, but provided tactic after tactic, and support both in money and knowledge. What civil rights activists are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Interesting perspective. But may I suggest spelling America properly in the thread title? using the "k" may be seen as offensive.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

there may have been some central leadership....but.....it was a total chaos.....you tell me that was
organized....I think not..IMO....and I always read all the OP....if not the whole thread....
edit on 26-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

And what if, it seems disorganized to you because you never actually went to an occupation, to understand exactly what was going on. Unless you did that, then your opinion is borrowed. However I don't mean that in the offensive manner, just saying.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
what is the meaning of spelling America with a "k"???

It makes your entire post seem like an illogical rant.

And couldn't you have just saved a lot of time by titling the OP "I'm mad that OWS failed". And if you are mad about that...you only have the organizers to blame...they wanted a leaderless "undefined" movement...that is just asking to be hijacked.

A movement can't succeed when it is started and organized by morons who don't know how the real world works.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Where I come from, spelling words like "America" with a "k", is a sign of disrespect and is very offensive. I do hope it was just a typo, that can/should be edited. If the "k" spelling in this thread title is intentional, I believe it makes the OP invalid and labels this thread nothing more than a Rant.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

considering that most people couldnt go to them because they work or are looking for work....everything we know about them is borrowed....at least we followed as best we could and gave support as we could......I still managed to go to some here in spain.......

.why didnt ALL civil rights leaders unite under this cause.....why some from behind the scenes.....they didnt think it was necesary....or maybe they werent invited.....shoot.....why didnt these OWS protestors get any form of central leadership on TV instead of random idiots who were malinformed to give everyone a bad name.....

it was chaos.......no one cares now......at least as far as I can see all the way from here in spain.....not like I dont talk to people back home everyday....and considering its supposedly a global movement.....no one here cares at all anymore.....it was nonsense.....I want I want I want.....= rable rable.....

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Why is it that when there is a mention of OWS (it was LAST on the list) people make that the entire topic of the thread??

I feel like you ignored the entire point of my post.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

look I dont want to put you against the wall....I mentioned them because I thought it was relevant to your thread....
I think we are on the same side...so no beef.....I just wanted to see more cohesion between these random people with a common idea....leadership is logical.....not an option

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

We agree on more than you think, however they've conditioned us to focus on the things that we disagree on, another thing I should have touched on in the OP.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I started to read your post, then realized you can not correctly spell America. So, chances are your not worth listening to.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

I started to read your post, then realized you can not correctly spell America. So, chances are your not worth listening to.

that's fine.

P.S I think you meant "you're"

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Interesting thought.
Please allow me to help.
You say,

100% fact.

I have found that even with my superior building skills, that if I use inferior tools and or materials, I can come up with an inferior product still.
I think the real problem as to why this could not happen is nobody works with another and everybody always tries to tell evrybody else why it cannot work.
If you believe you can't, you really can't.
Seeing is how you have defeated yourself even before you got out of the gate, please follow one of the leaders who CAN DO. or just get out of the way is good too.

I do not dislike "Scare em all Al Jones" because I'm a paid schill or a gumment employee, I dislike him as he is always YELLING and crying too about the next big thing "THEY" are gonna do to US.
Most of his rants are debunked quickly after they are spewed.
Al spreads fear to sell his airtime, a hundred years back the term would be "snake oil salesman".

As for Anon, I don't know what to think of them, but I put no faith into anything other than me and my dogs, I know we are real.
But in the end, I know a group of hackers will not save us just as I know jesus will not save us, nor benevolent aliens either.
This is our hole and we will have to climb out ourselves, we're just weaving rope right now for the climb, but as soon as we're out we'll use the rope for another purpose.
In closing I say,
Cheer up Buckaroo!!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You obviously have not heard of the white hats, or white dragon. Your heading is in fact, 100% wrong. Please do not push this type of fear upon fellow members simply because it is your opinion on the matter, and you have not thoroughly pondered the true extents of such a grand influence upon us. We are winning, even if it doesnt seem that way. We are not at the front lines of this, yet we have (insider) representatives we are unaware of that are in the process of throwing tptb off the throne of the world.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
the only thing they are winning is a boot to the ass.

top topics

join