It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member in Lincoln, Nebraska

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hi ladies and gentlemen, my name is Mick and I'm new to ATS. I must say that it looks very intriguing and I am looking forward to being a part of this vastly educated group.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
hia.....we are glad to have you.....hope you find some use out of our rable rable, rants, info, general human-ness..

and we add 1 to the tally....nice

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mickd1337

Hi Mick, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Welcome Mick from Nebraska. We'll see you around the boards. How's the weather where your at? I'm in lower Mi. and no snow yet. I hope it lasts.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here. Just remember that you cannot ever delete your account or change your username...
Read through the T&Cs carefully....

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You made it in a Mick of time....Welcome to ATS

edit on 26-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by will615

The weather isn't too bad. It's supposed to be up to 49 degrees today. That's warm for here considering time and location!
Thanks for the welcome.

Mick

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mickd1337
this vastly educated group.

( wiping away a tear) Sorry, Mick....I couldn't help it.

You must not have been lurking very long.

Some of us are educated and some just play the part. They wing it. You'll see the difference before too long.

Just remember 2 things friend. Always try to CLARIFY what you say at all times. Beating around the bush is fun sometimes. Even necessary as well. But after a while it can get exhasperating (sp?). If you can't find the right words to say, or if you think that they might be against the rules, there may be someone else on this board who can find the right words for you. As long as they get said, that's the important thing.

And most importantly newbie......Don't feed the trolls. They're not worth it.

youtu.be...

www.elyrics.net...

Love........TD

edit on 26-12-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Okay, this will amuse you, stifle you, produce internal hilarity, and so forth - what is feeding the trolls? Forgive me, I have spent years on fishing and hunting forums and this is my first account on a forum that is more on a polital element.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

A troll is someone who will say something, or things, that are designed just to piss you off. They're not really being a part of the conversation as much as they're trying to drag it down into a pit of of argumentative, name calling bullsh*t.

There's not a lot of them in here anymore, but there are enough to where where you have to watch out for them.

They usually come out when school lets out for the summer. What a coincidence huh?

And even though you may not know what this means at the time, other people might. I LOVE the saying "easy kill" That saying has so many possible connotations......it's a real turn on.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

So that may also apply to afternoons, too, I take it?
Thanks for informing me. I will have to make sure my temper doesn't flare as a result of trolls. I need thicker skin, so it's good to read a post by someone more mature

Mick

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Afternoons? Yeah, they come out after school too. You've got to remember the time differences here too man. You've got people all over the world talking on this forum. I've been lurking and a member here for going on 10 years and you just learn in time how to spot one.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

If I may ask, what time zone are you in? Is there one time any more prevalent for trolls than another?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

What time zone am I in? I'm in Arizona. 1 or 2 hours behind you.

And no. Trolls don't congregate in certain time zones. The word troll is just an expression. Just so you know. People are people no matter where they are. You can have someone who simply wants to instigate ( a troll) trouble in Japan just as you can have someone like that in England or Canada.

It's not where they are it's what they are. But you need to remember too that some people overseas don't have English as their first language, so what you read will be broken English because that's either the way they're typing the words or that's how their translating tool is chopping up the English language. If you talk to people in Russia or China you're going to get a lot of that because those are the two hardest languages to translate into English. Japanese too. So it might read to you that they're screwing around with you, but they're really not.

The bottom line is, if you're in a discussion that's starting to frustrate you because of what one or two people are saying, just walk away from it. This isn't something you need to be too concerned with buddy. Whenever I respond to someone who is introducing themselves here, I always tell them not to feed the trolls. I'm just trying to help keep the conversations here positive and constructive. Sometimes I'LL lose my temper here and I'll come across like I'm "trolling the thread", or instigating a negative conversation. Read some of the other posts that I write though and you'll see that I'm really not that way. Sometimes I'm just having a bad hair day.

Stick around long enough and you'll start to see the difference between the people you want to talk to and the people you don't.

Hope this helps.

top topics

join