It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus is a 'healer', did he ever get sick?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm curious ... Scripture tells us that Jesus is God incarnate, that He is a physical and spiritual healer, and that He is true God and true man. My question is ... If Jesus is a 'healer', did He ever get sick? A head cold? The flu? Stomach bug? If He did get sick then would that mean He couldn't always heal? If He didn't get sick, would that mean He wasn't 'true man'? What do you think?

Some Scripture and Theological Discussions -

God became man John 1:1-18 " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men"

“But when Jesus knew it, He withdrew from there; and great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them all.” (Matthew 12:15)

“Now it happened on a certain day, as He was teaching, that there were Pharisees and teachers of the law sitting by, who had come out of every town of Galilee, Judea, and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was present to heal them.” (Luke 5:17)

If people were healed simply by touching Him, or by asking Him, then wouldn't He be able to heal Himself and not ever get sick? I mean ... really .... anyone who has ever had the flu wouldn't ever let themselves get it again if at all possible. It's awful. According to faith and scripture, He had the power not get sick. Do you think He let Himself get sick and suffer through head colds and the flu, or did He say 'I haven't got time for this" and He cured Himself?

What do you think?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

1. When 'Did Jesus get sick or not?' becomes a relevant salvation issues Satan and the devils will be having snowball fights in Hell. 2. Find scripture to support you not just 'Jesus healed many' Doctors do that and they get sick. 3. "The Word (God) became flesh (Man) so I'd say yes he did get sick he experienced everything humans do, from being forsaken by God (in the garden, on the cross), to drinking (water to wine), sadness (Jesus wept), also he emptied himself and took on all the likness of man. so I would say that Yes, he did get sick but once again I don't really care either way.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

i will say this. The majority of sick, is mental. You let the idea of being sick, be it a cold, or flu, into your mind, and you get sick. I have never been sick in my life, unless I willingly get sick to relieve someone elses sickness. Many times I would be around someone who said they were sick, or said they were going to get sick, and I respond with, "i wish I could get sick, so that you dont have to experience it.". Majority of the time, 5 minutes later, ill be getting sick, and they will feel better. Like I said, sick, in almost any form, is mental. Obviously there are forms of sick that are hard to explain, ms, downs, autism.. But its feels wrong to say that is "sick", because we dont know their mindset. So had Jesus ever been sick? My answer is probably yes, as taking away others pain and sickness, means you have to attract it to yourself before extinguishing it.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
He got sick in that dessert.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The main pont here is: If God HAD TO become man in order to "experience" himself the full spectrum of being human (love, hate, sickness, etc ...) - then does that mean God is NOT ALLKNOWING?

Because if he is All-Knowing (and all the Scripture for thousands of years told us he is) - then why did he need to become human to know how it is to be human?

And that is the problem of Paulianity ... ehm, Christianity.
edit on 26/12/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/12/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Headband7
1. When 'Did Jesus get sick or not?' becomes a relevant salvation issues Satan and the devils will be having snowball fights in Hell.

I didn't say it was a relevant salvation issue. I said I was curious. I am wondering if He would have gotten sick or not. People could touch Him and they'd be healed. Therefore, I was wondering if He'd allow Himself to get sick .. cold/flu ... that kind of thing.

2. Find scripture to support you not just 'Jesus healed many' Doctors do that and they get sick.

Not following you. There are a lot of places in scripture that say Jesus healed. Everything from giving eyesight back to raising the dead. And yes, doctors heal people and they get sick ... but they don't heal people by having them simply touch their garments. It's VERY different.

yes he did get sick he experienced everything humans do, .

That's what my husband says ... But I'm not so sure so I'm asking for people's opinions on the matter. Lke I said, it's not important, but I'm just curious. I can't picture him with a head/chest cold and then healing others while He's sick. That's all.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
The majority of sick, is mental. You let the idea of being sick, be it a cold, or flu, into your mind, and you get sick.

I've gotta disagree with you on this. Sure, a positive outlook helps keep a person healthy, but if they walk into an infection disease clinic full of rhino virus, flu, etc .. shake hands with everyone .. and then eat a fried chicken with their hands .. I'm betting a box of donuts that person will get sick.

I have never been sick in my life,

It's your ultra good immune system and your personal habits that probably keep you healthy.

So had Jesus ever been sick? My answer is probably yes, as taking away others pain and sickness, means you have to attract it to yourself before extinguishing it.

Thanks for your input and opinion. I'll be pondering it with the answers from others.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

Oh man that's a good point and a good question. Did he do it for Himself to experience it or did He do it for us so we'd know He understood and has felt it all? We won't know until we are dead, but that's a really good question. So I take it by your answer that you think Jesus wasn't a healer or wasn't God and therefore the question really can't be asked or answered??

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Which Book, Chapter and or Verse has mentioned that Jesus was ever sick?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

Oh man that's a good point and a good question. Did he do it for Himself to experience it or did He do it for us so we'd know He understood and has felt it all? We won't know until we are dead, but that's a really good question. So I take it by your answer that you think Jesus wasn't a healer or wasn't God and therefore the question really can't be asked or answered??

He did it because he loved us enough to show us the way to love. Jesus had two main messages that should never be taught separate even though the church almost always refuses to acknowledge half of the message on the cross.

The first message of the cross was forgiveness and the promise of eternal life through his resurrection. You see Jesus forgave the very people that crucified proving all sins are forgivable.

The second message is to follow the will of the father. You see if one truly loves everyone including his enemies and has faith in the resurrection than they can do the will of the father all the way to the point of crucifixion. Jesus said that love turns the other cheek and he meant always.

For your question on did Jesus become sick and why. Jesus came fully as a man 100% void of any supernatural authority. He had the 2 gifts promised to us, the word, bible, and the Holy Spirit. It was by the power of the Holy Spirit that he was able to do all the miracles and healing.

My personal opinion is that he allowed himself to be subjected to all temptations including illness to be the perfect example for man. It is obvious that he could have healed himself and could have avoided the crucifixion, but in order to be the perfect example he had to allow himself to be subject to all of man’s infirmities as well.

I do believe that one’s state of mind and faith has a lot to do with the amount of sickness they experience and to the extent one gets sick so it’s possible even if he did get sick it was of little effect.

edit on 26-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

the 40 days and 40 nights of fasting and prayer definitely weakened His body... but as satan came to tempt Him 3 times, he passed all 3 tests.

my assumption:
Jesus was still in the flesh, so yes, He was weakened when He fasted those 40 days and nights. if you consider physically weakened an illness, yes i think He became ill. But He proves that man cannot live on bread alone but on every word that comes out of God by surviving that elongated period of time, when no other man could survive those 40 days and night. He proved that spiritual > flesh. If He did become ill, it really didn't hinder him, as He is 100% God and 100% man.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Fasting doesn't weaken. It strengthens. Our failed modern medical science has brainwashed us to believe otherwise. That's but one reason we're all sick and getting sicker. They need our money!

Illness occurs in the energetic fields of the body. Healers get sick sometimes too, but we understand how to heal it as well, in ourselves and others. Healers do this in different ways. Some take the illness into their bodies to "process" that energy while referring healing to the "patient". All healers work with energies - well, except for medical doctors, who only understand money. Precious few of them are healers though. The very fact that they can do what they do to those in need of help is testimony of that.
edit on 26/12/2011 by CosmicEgg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

Fasting doesn't weaken. It's strengthens. Our failed modern medical science has brainwashed us to believe otherwise. That's but one reason we're all sick and getting sicker. They need our money!

i never thought of it that way... i always assumed you cant live past 5 days without food, and 3 days without water. did i ever put that to the test? no.

but the body does need its essentials, no?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

That depends on what you consider to be essentials. I meditate a lot. I mean A LOT. I am also a healer, and I've been told many times that I must do a forty day fast. I haven't yet. It's more than I can manage. I can make it to twenty and that's it. I "have to" eat then. But I *know* it's in my head and that I just don't know the best way to do it, and that I simply must overcome it. I still have my weaknesses. That's the whole thing, isn't it? Overcoming our human weaknesses.

Food is a fuel of sorts. It's not in the way we think it is though. You can get a lot more out of food than we do but we like to do things the way we do so we waste. We waste not just food but everything else too. This is a time of reckoning though. Things are changing and our current ways will die away more and more all the time. The real "fuel" that food supplies us is in its energetic form. Not in calories, proteins, fiber, lipids, vitamins and all the rest as we like to think of it now.

Fasting purges toxins from the body and for this reason it must be done systematically and with great awareness. It's also not just for the benefit of the body, but of the mind and soul as well. It elevates you to a place you haven't been for far too long. If you do it thoughtlessly and without proper preparation, you will release those toxins into the bloodstream and it will cause all manner of discomfort and even illness, as it can dislodge parasites and so forth. That's why you do it consciously and with great respect for your body and with a great deal of awareness of your purpose in doing it. You must meditate and pray, in whatever form you like, but those two things are absolute musts during fasts for a holistic result.

I do apologize for not writing very coherently right now. I'm off to bed. It was a long day.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I think if he stepped on a sharp rock it hurt his foot. If he lifted a boiling pot, it burned. If he ate spoiled food, it made him nauseous. When he was pierced in the side with a sword, it bled. He was in a human body and consequently subject to all the random insults the human body goes through. To have the human experience is why he appeared in human form. To experience pain, one must have it inflicted.

How do I know this? I don't of course. But I believe it anyway.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

that is true... the pain of being crucified and bearing all the past present and future sins of the world was so intense... Jesus knows the accumulated pain of all humans, a trait that another person will never experience firsthand.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I'm curious ... Scripture tells us that Jesus is God incarnate, that He is a physical and spiritual healer, and that He is true God and true man. My question is ... If Jesus is a 'healer', did He ever get sick? A head cold? The flu? Stomach bug? If He did get sick then would that mean He couldn't always heal? If He didn't get sick, would that mean He wasn't 'true man'? What do you think?

Not a Scripture follower or a believer here, but from what I remember, the short answer to your question is first, God had Jesus' back Of course, later God got playing with other worlds or got mad at J. or maybe that was about the time that the several billion year's old God got senile and simply forgot about his boy down below not to mention the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Not a Scripture follower or a believer here, but from what I remember, the short answer to your question is first, God had Jesus' back Of course, later God got playing with other worlds or got mad at J. or maybe that was about the time that the several billion year's old God got senile and simply forgot about his boy down below not to mention the rest of us.

You admit that you don’t believe but then say that God has abandoned you. I do believe and I promise God has not abandoned me. Maybe it is you who have abandon God? Bye the way no matter what you believe or don't believe God has not abandoned anyone, he has patience.
edit on 26-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join