It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane prices these days....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Wow, I swear, some stuff feels like it's made out of gold or something. I was looking into swing sets and this one cost over $7415.00

Not saying it's not a beautiful swing set but, holy moly, the price just seems a tad bit overly excessive.

Is that insane or what??

I can go buy a new truck for that amount.

WOW

Yuh, after paying that price they still make you pay for shipping. lordy lord...

www.ebay.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The point is that our fiat currency is much reduced in perceived value. It has no real value, but now it's perceived value is dropping in a major way. The market for dollars has been seriously flooded, and just like any other commodity it suffers from the vagaries of supply and demand.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
wow, thats insane, Id rather get the truck

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I wonder are residential places allowed to have commercial inflatable bouncers?

Maybe she'll like that.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

No wonder with your dollar collapsing so quickly. I recall when we had to pay 8 nok for a dollar not so long ago, but now you can get a dollar for as little as 5nok.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Things have definitely gone up in price, but this is an individual selling it. He's asking way above what the price you can get somewhere else is.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
That's pretty funny. Back in the day when more people had "shop" and carpentry skills, I would imagine a solid chunk of the population would be able to build that play set more or less from scratch, using their basement workshops. No doubt Handymanous Americanus still exists, but he's an endangered species. As life becomes "virtualized," fewer people will be comfortable making things by hand, and they'll be able to extort all kinds of stuff from the population. I wonder if the pricetag in the OP has been cranked up at least in part as a way of taking advantage of the decrease in skills among the population as a whole...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
TPTB don't want you to know how to do things, they want you dependent on them. That is why everybody and everything is licensed and regulated.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I guess that sounds a tad bit more logical. Knowing that people now and days don't want to build and they just want it ready made, that the guy posting this swingset is taking advantage of it. Not saying he shouldn't, because it is true. I don't want to build anything. And if I build it, it would probably fall in a day.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Wow! I was expecting it to at least be made from FSC (forest friendly) wood but the damn thing is nothing but plastic. The most expensive plastic I've seen yet. Good find!
There are wood one's listed at the bottom, maybe not quite as large as the plastic one but "only" 1800 dollars. I'd get 2 of the wood ones and save a lot of cash.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Even now with a handy dandy DIY guide and some tools, you could build that for less than a quarter of that retail price.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

Yeah, but it take me about 10 years to figure it out.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by MzMorbid

Yeah, but it take me about 10 years to figure it out.

Seriously? I could make the blueprints for something like that and build it myself. It would be easier with a helper though.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

What is that old saying: "If you hafta ask how much it cost, you can't afford it." that "rule" applies here. You made the mistake of going to a rich man's/woman's site or store. You have no business there. Know your place. Try Wally's World they will have more Chinese plastic things to better fit your wallet/purse.
Don't you get it yet?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Way.. way not worth that price...Take your niece to the park Manhater, or get her a trampoline or something. But even those are a bit pricey somewhere in the 400$ range. But then again scrap that idea, kids being kids will probably break something sooner or latter....And guess who is going to have pay for the broken arm.

But that price is pretty crazy, and even if I was a kid and actually by some miracle had the option. I would still prefer the truck to the expensive swing set. You can do lots of fun things with trucks, or better yet one of those ATV's, or a go kart for half, or a quarter that price.

That swing set is way not worth it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think I'm going to get the inflatable bounce house instead. Those look more fun. My sister fearing it's going to blow away if it gets too windy, and I'm where's it going to blow too on the fence? lol

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

My sister rents those inflatable bounce houses, almost every year for her kids birthday...Then she invites other kids and they all jump around in it, and they seem to have fun...I would not worry about them blowing away there pretty heavy, unless you get really strong winds were your at. But it all depends on what size the bounce house is.

One thing is for sure, it is more safe then a trampoline, it would be hard for them to hurt themselves in one of those since there is practical nothing solid to fall on, or trip over and hit your head.

Though for the price I'f I was a kid I would prefer the trampoline because you can do lots more things and tricks on it, either that or the go cart. But I confess I would probably break-something sooner or latter.

But if your going to be spending a lot of money just ask what they want, or better yet get something you and everybody else can have fun in as well...Such as a go cart, or ATV, think about it...Theres lots of things you can do with a ATV or go cart come summer...Like jumping hills and ramps....Fun times.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

She doesn't have good coordination and can't be trusted with a go cart, and especially an ATV. Has to be something child friendly for a 5 yr old. Even though she's 16. That's her mentality at this time. Might be from the MR, Autism, or the disorganized Schizophrenia. I don't know. I think the bounce house would be more suitable for her, where she won't get hurt falling or try to use it as a weapon. I can handle bounce balls used as weapons. Then I can just toss or throw them back at her when she gets mad.
Might make her go from mad to happy again.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Sounds complicated, but I think you would know best...After all you have to deal with her.

But still....Go Cart....Just think about it....Go Carts are fun....Nah just messing, do as you will.

new topics

top topics

join