It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

meditation question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I don't know how to meditate, but I seem to do something that might be related. I wanted to describe what I do to see if anybody has any ideas:

I shut my eyes and let sunlight or other light shine through my eyelids. Then I breath rhythmically and relax everything except my vision which I start to focus like I'm searching for something. When I start I see random morphing images of people and objects. After a while I feel like I can see more stable scenes and I get more and more interested in what I'm seeing. I always find myself thinking I can see better this way than with my eyes open - even though I can't recall what I'm seeing. It's relaxing.

Does that make any sense to anyone?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Sounds like you are seeing images in your minds eye. Try focusing on your self outside of your body by turning your gaze towards yourself and focusing on your inner light. Namaste.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

Try to focus on your breathing and placing your attention or focus at your naval area. You are supposed to allow random thoughts and visions to pass. You are not supposed to become attached to them. In Zen meditation, you are supposed to pick a normal object and try to fix your mind or your thoughts to it. You want your mind to cease thinking or chasing thoughts after thoughts.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Standard meditation you're doing there. Sitting relaxed makes meditation easier. Crossing your legs and folding your hands might be a good idea because of energy-patterns. And remember that you might feel some pain, but that is just the body repairing itself. Also, do not breath rhythmically. Breath like you are an observer with shallow breaths. Let your thoughts come to the surface, and remember you can let go to any pain associated with those thoughts. From time to time, you will feel bad thoughts trying to drag you down. That is why you should observe your breath. Your breathing will get heavier once negative thoughts tries to dominate you. If you follow Buddhism, you might be able to communicate with other people who meditate. The masters will be represented as lights.Dalai Lama will probably be the second brightest light you can see while you meditate. The brightest is of course the universe in all its splendor. Keep meditating and remember to receive each breath of air with gratitude, because you are alive. And, you are waking up. There are many people here who are burdened with many different troubles, so perhaps a more positive or eastern setting might help you go further? There are two paths: One is for being one with the universe. Ascension. The other is communicating with the universe to learn things about this world. Choose wisely.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
find any activity that removes your conscience thought form the hum drum of routine....if that is gymnastics as you fly through the air....or chess when you lose yourself in tactics and see the whole game.....if it is when you paint and feel the brush pass and the paint slip off onto the canvass.....all this is meditation....you dont have to have a candle....or a chant....this stuff is just known to help get you "there".....but you can live in meditation....just take yourself into a state that you dont see the world in a blurr...when details are an eternity and an eternity is in a single moment.....that is living....that is the purpose of meditation.....to find out what piece you are in the puzzle of life.....and this so as to see the puzzle.....THE MYSTERY OF ALL IS WHITHIN YOUR QUESTION...NOT THE ANSWER YOU MAY OR MAY NOT FIND....
edit on 26-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You ARE meditating. Your mistake is in trying to identify it farther than it needs to be.

A journey to the minds eye begins by closing them. Let the scenes play out.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
You ARE meditating. Your mistake is in trying to identify it farther than it needs to be.

A journey to the minds eye begins by closing them. Let the scenes play out.

Ah, yes. Also, don't anticipate anything that may happen during the session. That would usually lead to nothing happening. Cease the mind. Cease the intent. Things will unfold at its own pace.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Thanks, I have been afraid of meditating for some reason. But I do what I described without much effort or planning when I'm worn-out from thinking. So I think I will experiment to see if I can do it deliberately instead of accidentally. At least I'm not afraid of it, because it comes naturally.

Also, I like the example of painting. I'm not an artist, but I used to want to be an artist. Sometimes I would get really engrossed in painting or drawing where I felt like the artwork was drawing itself. Another example, sometimes when I see a particular scene I will be still and try to absorb every blade of grass, etc. So I like to think that might be meditation too.

So I can start with those things because I am not afraid of them and I like doing them.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
When you're sungazing that makes sense. What I do is let sunlight in the corner of my eye, tilting my head up, for a minute on each side, and gaze short gazes a bit, unless its sunset or sunrise when the UV is non existent, then you can stare. I pray/meditate, then close my eyes. And an interplay of wonderful colors occurs.

With normal meditation, when I lie down, don't sit. Though if its warm and outside, have sat in the partial shade, grounded. I chronic fatigue/energy depletion so the sun gazing is really good, but also, you get more energy from the earth grid sitting on a blanket or the grass than inside.

I put a scarf over my eyes so its dark when Im lying down, to access my pineal, the light point within, and also it deepens the meditation. Very rarely do I have racing thoughts. Mostly zen mind, I mostly have hemisync, binuarals or whale and dolphin sounds, music that unites left and right hemisphere, and don't like some of it either, it has to feel right and now lower your vibrations. Your trying to raise them.

I pray, and meditate.

Also attempt lucidity.

lucidcrossroads.co.uk...

There is a lot of info on this site, and keep attempting a conscious obe.

You can see through your eyelids even scarf sometimes in deep meditation, and everything is energy waves.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thanks, those sound like good ideas. I had never thought of sun gazing. I suppose it works by overloading areas of the eye to give a stimulus for the hallucinations? I often stare at a light bulb and then there is a black spot when I look away.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Have you tried a guided meditation, or meditation music ? There are thousands available on Youtube, Amazon, ITunes, etc.. I don't have a favorite to link to you, but a really good place to start is Youtube.
Guided meditations helped me to learn and now I am able to do it on my own.... effectively.
Also, there does seem to be a lot of good information on this post.

Best of luck.

new topics

top topics

join