It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tell me something insignificantly from your life 20 years ago...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
most of us cant remember what they did last wednesday...

most of us won`t know what they ate 10 days ago for supper...

most of you do not even remember the pre-internet time...

i wipe my ass with 20 year old random enwsletters

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Acetradamus

The thread title is confusing. Do you want me to speak insignificantly or do you want told something insignificant? Also I hope those newsletters are printed with non transferring ink.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acetradamus

Toilet paper is sooooo much softer, you really should try it sometime

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I was working for a major daily newspaper in Phoenix Az. 20 years ago. Just started actually.

At one point, sometime during the 5 years I worked there, for about 2 months I was putting in 80 hour weeks. Someone left a syringe (It wasn't me!!) full of Meth in a bathroom downstairs by the dock on a Saturday night when all the carriers were there with their kids putting the inserts in the Sunday edition. As a result, management thought it wise to drug test and check the legal status of everyone in the department I worked in.

Long story short, 95% of my department was fired. Just me and 4 machine operators were left. It was my job, for the next 2 months, to train EVERYONE,roughly 12 people, who were hired on to replace the druggies and illegals, how to help with the inserter machines, all the while making sure the overflow and stitcher mahines ( for the T.V. guides) were operating the best they could, and if they weren't, communicating with the press room that they should shut the presses down periodically. And on top of that, every Wednesday the New Times weekly came out and I had to make sure the banding machines were up to task while training people to take care of everything else involved with getting 25,000 + copies out.

By deadline.

Thank God I didn't have to route them as well or I would've lost my friggin' mind.

So if I ever come across as insensitive or rude when discussing druggies and/or illegals on this board, that's why. I made some good money during that time, but I lost a girlfriend and grew more than a few grey hairs because of it all.

It was stressful at the time, but looking back, it's all insignificant now.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Here is something that is insignificant that happened 20 years ago. I woke up enjoyed my day and went to bed.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hmmm 20 years ago.

I had a great job
I had more friends then.
Music was better.
There was more things to do and places to go.
Hardee's was still around.
Wasnt as many stupid laws.
Had a nice trans am.
Had more women.
I was in shape.
Food wasnt GMO.
America wasnt Amerika.
Gas, beer,smokes and alchohol was way cheaper.
Terrorism exsisted but didnt cause us to loose our freedoms.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I farted. Turned out, it wasn't a fart.
edit on 26-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

thank you taupin :-)

i mean it

sorry if my post seemed incoherent to some(most)....i just began raging when I opened ATS and stumbled AGAIN over stupid troll threads..

and no...not just because they have a different opinion then mine...its because stupid trolls are stupid ....

link   
Do u want us to guess what was written on your newsletter toilet paper? I dont get it? 20 years ago, I used to say, "i dont feel good," for no reason. I felt fine, but I used to say it just cause, there would be a pause in conversation, and I hated silence, so I would utter nonesense to spark a reply. Now that I think back, nothing has changed, I just say it online now.. Still super bored, still hate silence, still think we are going about it all wrong, and still think its gonna get burnt down.

link   

most of us cant remember what they did last wednesday...

most of us won`t know what they ate 10 days ago for supper...

most of you do not even remember the pre-internet time...

Yes!, pre-internet times.....When you had to get confusing nonsensical gibberish like this from the homeless guy on the corner or graffiti.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

thank you....

i feel you so much....:-) :-(

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
My favorite 35mm (process "E-6") transparency film was Fujichrome "velvia"
My favorite 35mm black and white negative film was Kodak tri-x" hand processed (shake and bake daylight tank ) in Kodak "D-76 @1:1"....
"Insignificant" enough?
The direction of the O.P. is not coming across clearly. Are you poking fun at limited memory capacity or stating: "the past is completely insignificant"?

edit on 26-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

thank you....

i feel you so much....:-) :-(
now im sad. U ok? As much as I believe life is cruel and meaningless, there is still lots of joy to have, and you have to control your mindset. U need to be happy, because no one will do it for you! Be happy! And I was wondering what that tickling on my neck was.. Just feeling me

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
20 years ago I had just gotten married ,My wife and I lived in a Litle town approx 5000 ppl..she was an admin assnt and I was an hvac tech, we had big dreams . We would come home eat dinner and watch the news play chess or backgammon and go to bed (we we're happy). Now we've moved 2000 miles away to the big city she is an admin assnt. and im an hvac tech, except now we play WOW in the evenings after dinner and we're still happy, So much for the big dreams but you have to keep dreaming.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
My favorite 35mm (process "E-6") transparency film was Fujichrome "velvia"
My favorite 35mm black and white negative film was Kodak tri-x" hand processed (shake and bake daylight tank ) in Kodak "D-76 @1:1"....
"Insignificant" enough?
The direction of the O.P. is not coming across clearly. Are you poking fun at limited memory capacity or stating: "the past is completely insignificant"?

heheh nice..

no actually this was referring to ron paul haters........20 year old newsletters....

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Twenty years ago: Desert Shield/Storm, auto accident, new car, winding down #2 marriage
second line

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

thanks for asking..

yes im superficially fine of course..

life s good i cant complain about mine.....lots of genuine friends, still makin good $ in this fkked up economy, and meditating (almost) daily..

yet there still seems to be a huge gap to fill.

real talk

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

"the past is completely insignificant"..this is a nice hypothethis to think about

while i would say that most people would disagree with it - i actually find it to be true.(maybe not on a greater histrocial scale but on a inidividual level)..I do not mean choices that still affect you today , like being in jail for example....and of course your past is not insignificant for yourself, because the experiences you make and the people you meet form your character.....

but if you approach it on a metaphysical level...id say the answer would be...yes the past is completely insiginificant and all that counts is -the now-....pretty new agy maybe...but true imho

edit on 26-12-2011 by Acetradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
i was ten years old. i had a flat top. i was being tortured by my neighbors, the mojica family... they think they own my brain. they have my brain. i am the keeper of time. to verify this, buy LAIBACH, NATO ... i am he. i need them to be charged with blasphemy. please help. they have taken the eternal sign of MEDGUJORGE. the sign was GOD.
they have stolen the sign. it is GOD. please report them to VATICANUS DOMINUS HOMINUS.

new topics

top topics

join