It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message For All Of Humanity (You will want to share this)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightbringer38

AMAZING!!!!!! this will get a repost

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disciplining
reply to post by Lightbringer38

AMAZING!!!!!! this will get a repost

It has finally updated views and it has over 21,000 views in just over a day! It needs more though!!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Another pied piper of "democracy", something which has yet to truly exist but for a mere few years in a city state known as Athens a few thousand years ago. Public officials such as HIllary Clinton have been touting the value of democracy and US foreign policy is applied to bring such an end about. Is democracy really working in Iraq or for that matter, the United States?
We're not even supposed to be a democracy but a Republic. Mob rule is not something I would care to live under as the majority are easily swayed by the mass media which has it's own ambitions.

My message to humanity: avoid democracy like the plague! This is yet another ploy by the economic elites to steal power away from the people. No rights are guaranteed under democracy. I am not advocating for a plutocracy either.
The best systems are those used by aboriginal peoples around the world. They have leaders that are only followed by those who care to and for only so long as they provide useful leadership. Tribal societies make one free to do nothing and starve yourself to death should you care to, your tribe may be at war but you don't have to fight and no one will make you. Each person has their place and is regarded for what talents and skills are particular to them. Every person has a useful role to play but perhaps most importantly those who are held in the highest regard get there by their contributions to the tribe. To gain respect one must give of themselves, not take from others. Some would call this anarchy but more properly it should be called tribalism. Nothing is done under threat of force but through means of verbal persuasion. That is the world I would choose to live in for myself, not the changing whims of a democracy that still employ methods of force to ensure the complicity of it's citizens.

Sorry Charlie, it's sounds real nice but democracy is just another word to entice your submission.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Dear Asktheanimals.

Are you aware that you logic is totally and laughably flawed and warped? You hate Democracy, and yet you advocated DEMOCRACY in Tribalism. Do you even understand both doctrines before you start to spout your hates and likes?

Tribalism is the oldest form of democracy. For a tribe to exist, it would need a mutual common understanding and set of rules so that those diverse and different humans can co-exist peacefully, for protection and progress.

To create those set of rules of common behavior, it comes not from one man, but a council of men, with each FREE to SPEAK UP. And after all had spoken, the leader will have to make a decision, and it will be his decision that all men will follow, to their progress, or to their demise.

As you can see, it still follows basic democratic actions similar to our present day form. The difference lays in the CHECKS & BALANCES that we modern societies had inbuilt into the governance system for humanity, so that when a final decision is made, that responsibility lays with the PEOPLE, and not only the leader.

No human can predict the future, but can only anticipate the possible actions. We are flawed mortals and prone to errors, but we have the capacity to correct them and change, much wiser than before. Our civilisation advanced and progress till today, not because humanity is smart, but simply only because we learnt from our mistakes.

And it is only the doctrine of Democracy that allows such corrections, with terms limits for leaders. Other political doctrines had failed miserably, as we this fortunate generation had witness, of how dictators held on to power continually, even when its society went into wrong and dangerous directions.

I know I cannot change your mind, but I hope that you may reconsider the positive values of Democracy, and how we are where we are today, instead of either dead or starving like those in Somalia.

I apologise to OP for derailing this thread and hope that it is only temporary. I only responded because of a misconception by a poster that had tarnished the selfless words of a great human being to be forever immortalised and cherished by mankind.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
When you fail to remember your history you are doomed to repeat it.

Chaplin was ahead of his time, a true free thinker.

He wrote speech in the 30's, and 80 years later it is still relevant and inspiring.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Yes you are right to certain extent but the differences between democracy in tribalism and in nations states are two different things. Democracy is the language (our voices) we employ while our Constitional Republic is the method of implication of those voices. The consititution is our script. Tribalism is small village like environments in which everyone knows each other. That would be impossible in nations states, or city states because of the scale. It's like comparing NBA basketball to 3 on 3 street ball, both are technically basketball but certainly aren't the same game.

edit on 28-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
When you fail to remember your history you are doomed to repeat it.

Chaplin was ahead of his time, a true free thinker.

He wrote speech in the 30's, and 80 years later it is still relevant and inspiring.

Very very true! It is an amazing speech

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Hi Seeker, I'm all for democratic principles but the current form of democracy is a plutocracy in disguise. Much of the Chaplin speech rings true and is inspiring but I felt it appropriate to expand on the practical aspects of what such a system entails.
The word "Democracy" is bandied about endlessly by our government officials as if it were the highest aspiration of man. That should clue most folks in to what is behind such benign sounding tomes, certainly not the meaning and applications most would make of it. It is a rarity to hear anyone in government other than Ron Paul use the word "Republic".

The people have the power and can take control of their own respective governments if we can act in concert and are willing to share the burdens and privations that will necessarily come with such a movement. Currently, we seem to be separated as people in too many ways for such an event to occur. If we can destroy these barriers we may just be able to secure a peaceful and prosperous future for all.
I point out tribal societies because imo they are best examples of how we can live peaceably together while remaining inclusive of individuals. People the world over must come together to gain their freedom despite the differences that currently separate us.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Sir I am confused... Since when is Athenian Democracy the BEST system of Democracy? Though it admittedly did endow certain rights on people it excluded women, non-citizens, non-landowners, slaves, etc. This happened because Athenian democracy did nothing to prevent the creation of factions within itself, that is, grouping through influence and taboo (majority control).

Your argument has already been addressed by James Madison in the Federalist Papers (No. 51 I think) which argued for a Constitution before it was ratified by all the states. America is SUPPOSED to have conflict in politics and NOT be Athenian direct representation, and be functioning exactly the way it is!
The basic idea is that if we create many competing groups they will balance each other, and once that is achieved we have a representative democracy. This system is great because it allows room for Vast populations and spans of distance, both of which America has.

A good example is the system of checks and balances (not an Athenian concept). When congress gets deadlocked, it is a GOOD thing because it proves that there is no dominant faction thus no "super party" to dominate politics.

I wrote a paper on this once and would be happy to provide it to you if you are interested.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by teddy007
Very rarely do i get emotional after watching a video clip, but that was absolutely brilliant. It had a profound effect on me. I love it.

Yes same here! And I rarely get emotional either!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharky54
reply to post by silo13

Yes it should go completely viral.
I have read those words once a year at a Coffee Shop's Open Mike every year.
The best speech ever and written by and performed by Charlie Chaplins "The Great Dictator" 1939. He got allot of grief for that movie.
A great man could only write from his heart for all of humanity.

Thank God they spoke these words.

Am I the only one here to find it remarkable that Chaplin made that movie in 1939....literally years before the USA got into in WWII? This was approximately five years after Hitler rose to power, but well after many of the events that turned his craziness into the biggest war in mankind's history. Perhaps it was Chaplin's way of trying to get Americans to wake up. At any rate, it was a poignant speech and quite a plea to humanity in general.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enderdog

Originally posted by Sharky54
reply to post by silo13

Yes it should go completely viral.
I have read those words once a year at a Coffee Shop's Open Mike every year.
The best speech ever and written by and performed by Charlie Chaplins "The Great Dictator" 1939. He got allot of grief for that movie.
A great man could only write from his heart for all of humanity.

Thank God they spoke these words.

Am I the only one here to find it remarkable that Chaplin made that movie in 1939....literally years before the USA got into in WWII? This was approximately five years after Hitler rose to power, but well after many of the events that turned his craziness into the biggest war in mankind's history. Perhaps it was Chaplin's way of trying to get Americans to wake up. At any rate, it was a poignant speech and quite a plea to humanity in general.

Yes I realised that as well! How amazing! He actually took a lot of attacks for this movie and it's attacks on Hitler... I guess people would respect him for it now.. How amazing that he did such a thing.. It is almost as though he knew Hitler would do such things.. Sad that it was ignored then and still ignored now...

edit on 5-1-2012 by Lightbringer38 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join