It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message For All Of Humanity (You will want to share this)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor
I don't think it works that way.
It seems it is going to take a lot of enlighten people, working together to solve these problems

edit on 27-12-2011 by googolplex because: more

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
There is much that is good and much that is wrong with this video. Chaplain is a true giant in his art and his messages that he brought to the Cinema of his time. The fact that so much is still available is because people thought, correctly, that his work was worth preserving.

It is my fervent hope that THIS time around – due to the OWS movement, due to the fact politicians are simply running out of new tricks to pull on us, repeating the rhetoric everyone knows all too well, the reporting of their junkets paid for with our money and shenanigans on the Internet that the Main Stream (propaganda) Media can no longer control in America, the U.K., all over the world – it will be too difficult for the Romeys, the McCains, the Obamas, Gingrichs (hell, they are ALL the same) to pull the wool over our eyes. I honestly believe with the character assassination they are pulling on Ron Paul, the black guy (Cain?) and any other “free thinker” that dares oppose The Powers That Be’s Official Religion of death from the Military/Industrial Complex and theft of our life work and savings through the Federal Reserve, which, as any one that reads this site knows is NEITHER Federal OR a Reserve of any kind, will completely backfire and illicit a response that will echo as far in the Halls of History as the words our Founding Fathers uttered in their time.

While violent revolution is NOT what I want to see I think much can be accomplished by NOT participating in the political process this time around. By REFUSING to go along with the set-up, propped-up, rigged choices they want us to believe are true and honestly derived candidates and legal proposals We, The People can speak louder than any marching jack-booted army of black clad “peace keepers” bought and paid for by crooked politicians and their owners. If Paul is eliminated one way or another – especially “another” – from the Republican ticket I think we ought to forgo ANY use of electronic polling machines and write “NONE OF THE ABOVE” across every hand written ballot that is legally cast in America.

The one thing I can think of that I don’t agree with in Chaplain’s speech is elimination of national borders. They’ve been trying it in Europe with the EU but it’s been a dismal failure. Borders were originally and generally delineations between cultures, philosophies and sometimes religions. This was so to the point each country developed its own language group and gene pool distinct from others. Today’s modern world has all but erased much of the original differences and replaced them with more economic differences than anything else. This is very much an over-simplification of history but I think it could generally hold up. Elimination of national boundaries would, in short order, create a chaos that would cause everyone to beg for a totalitarian regime to restore peace and something resembling law and order once again. Something the One Worlders have had wet dreams about for generations now. If a boarder is to be eliminated it must have a more organic origination rather than something declared from “on high” by elites that live in walled communities apart from those they pretend to represent. The U.S. – Mexican border is the one and ONLY reason we don’t have all-out drug wars on this side of the boarder. At least ours is considerably more low-key than what happens in plain sight in Juarez on a daily basis.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Yeah, i'm going to be honest, this one got me,

Ican only hope the world wakes up and demands this, but as of now, don't be fooled in thinking any party is any different, or any country's government they all fight each over for power & control as they always have been, we need massive change but the people need to make it happen, nothing else will do,

there is massive change needed all over the world bot just here in the west, everywhere

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
LightBringer, you have definitely brought light with this video....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This video has been posted here many times. However, I never get tired of watching it. It's timeless and it touches anyone who has a heart. ~SheopleNation

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Ironic, isn't it.... That a clown can be such a reservoir of sublime wisdom...

2nd

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
This video has been posted here many times. However, I never get tired of watching it. It's timeless and it touches anyone who has a heart. ~SheopleNation

No not this one

The raw charlie chaplin speech has been posted before, but this videos is different & the music is to, hans zimmer time, amazing tune absolute genius composer/song writer, which imo make all the difference and makes the speech hit home even harder,
edit on 27-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightbringer38

AHHHH MAN!!!! i love Charlie Chaplin and this speech.
i almost know this whole speech bye heart! have heard it about 100 times in the past!

this is the one iv'e seen.
edit on 27-12-2011 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: add video

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Thread now top of the front page

Just confirms i'm in the right place with lots of other like minded people, S&F lets hope this video can reach out & touch more people,

oh and thank you OP

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Oorah i say ...... Oorah

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Yes, and it makes you wonder... will we ever get it right? Can we really change? Are we evolving, or devolving? Is it possible to attain peace and a sustainable society? Because this speech is from 1940 and we've been fighting evil for millenia.

I don't mean to be cynical, but I feel we have many millenia to go. There are too many problems that we seem to be able to solve here with our fingertips, but really it just creates more arguments... some would call it debate, but let's not kid ourselves. Most of us only show compassion for merely seconds each day, most would rather be labeled a winner than be humble, most want more rather than appreciating what they have. I am included. This cannot be turned around overnight, by shrinking government, by giving to charity, by volunteering.

If it is even possible to live with no leaders and get this 'humanity' thing right, you and I won't see it in our lives. And that's not to say that we shouldn't try, because we should. But realistically, we have a long long long way to go.

Question is - will we ever get there?

edit on 27-12-2011 by six67seven because: fix

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Such an excellent and inspiring video Lightbringer, it was just unbelievable. The world as a whole really needs to stand up together against the tyranny of corporate greed that has ruined many lives over and over. I just hope that one day humanity realizes that we are endangered the planet every day and can work against this corruption before it is too late.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I wish I still had the naivete to see a statement like this and feel inspired....

Truth is, I have had dealings with some less than desirable people in this world and have seen true evil, black hearts, and have never done anything to anyone that wasn't deserved.

Like this video says, humans do sstrive to live happy amongst each otther, however there is also a dark side of humanity which we can not simply turn off or end with selective breeding. Man is a vile, arrogant, violent, and futile form of life and that which we cannot comprehend we simply destroy.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven

Yes, and it makes you wonder... will we ever get it right? Can we really change? Are we evolving, or devolving? Is it possible to attain peace and a sustainable society? Because this speech is from 1940 and we've been fighting evil for millenia.

I don't mean to be cynical, but I feel we have many millenia to go. There are too many problems that we seem to be able to solve here with our fingertips, but really it just creates more arguments... some would call it debate, but let's not kid ourselves. Most of us only show compassion for merely seconds each day, most would rather be labeled a winner than be humble, most want more rather than appreciating what they have. I am included. This cannot be turned around overnight, by shrinking government, by giving to charity, by volunteering.

If it is even possible to live with no leaders and get this 'humanity' thing right, you and I won't see it in our lives. And that's not to say that we shouldn't try, because we should. But realistically, we have a long long long way to go.

Question is - will we ever get there?

edit on 27-12-2011 by six67seven because: fix

I think yes! There is an awakening all over the world more than has ever been seen in history never before have people been so informed and it is all thanks to the internet.. I do not even want to imagine a world without the internet.. Would be hellish.. It is going to get to a tipping point it is impossible not to! stay stong!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunshinesmile
Did the words in this video really come from a Chaplin film made decades ago? Wow. Just to show you the more things change the more they stay the same. Humanity still fails on many fronts to be humane. We all know as human beings we a capable of great good, and indeed there is a lot of good and wonder in this tired world, but man also chooses still to wage wars both massive and minor in the pursuit of what? I've always been amazed by the fact one despot can take his people to war, but we, as one person feel we cannot do anything to change the world for the better. It's so true that all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Peace.

Yes Charlie had reportedly said that it took him months to write the speech, reading and re-writing until it was perfect he also directed the entire movie! Amazing isnt it!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
And I always thought Hitler was a bad guy, this must of been in his younger years, before he became hardened to the fact things were not going his way.

God bless each and everyone.

Lol this is not Hitler it is a comdeian by the name of Charlie Chaplan in the movie called "The Great Dictator" in the movie they think he is Hitler and get him up their to make a speech and he whips out this amazing speech!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The video in the op left me speechless, as I'm writing this reply i still cannot bring about the words to describe how I'm feeling. There is so much hope and opportunity for a better future for our selves and our children that its thick in the air.. you can almost taste it. But what is it that stopping this progression? I can see that everyone in there hearts wants to make that great push for a better future, for example the "Occupy" protest had a great number of followers and it appears to me that the public is now finally ready. Unfortunately, whoever is in control brushes us aside and we are ignored. I for one believe its time for a new united strategy....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Maybe I missed it does Charlie mention Christ? It sounds like it's all
the power of man. Man is nothing without God.

About the wonders of technology, in the new time, after the Great Tribulation, which is close and the Chastisement, in God's new time, the 7th Day.

Some refer to it as the Millennium ( the Church Fathers, it may not be
a literal 1000 years). Prophecy states, this new time of God, there will
be no technology.

God will provide everything. It will be glorious. The fulfillment of the
Our Father..."on earth as it is in Heaven."

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Here you go...sounds like Charlie is agnostic.

In his son's book, My Father, Charlie Chaplin, (pp. 239-240) he recalls his father stating:
"I'm not an atheist," I can remember him saying on more than one occasion. "I'm definitely an agnostic. Some scientists say that if the world were to stop revolving we'd all disintegrate. But the world keeps on going. Something must be holding us all in place--some Supreme Force. But what it is I couldn't tell you."
--
NOTE: Chaplin is quoted as saying, "By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none" in the book Manual of a Perfect Atheist by Eduardo Del Rio Garcia. This would appear to be a straightforward profession of atheism. However, the only place this quote turns up is in that book and it is uncited. Unless new evidence surrounding this quote is unearthed, it should not be regarded as a valid quote from Chaplin.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I got goosebumps when I saw this and being former military it really hit home. I showed it to my friend who is still in the military and he literally burst into tears and excused himself when C. Chaplin said the "you are men!" part. It kind of caught me off guard to be honest lol But about an half hour later we talked and he said that he was not going to reenlist. By my own admission, I have a lot of hostility...but the video mentions it as being an unnatural state, could it have been caused by the military...I don't know...honestly it feels good to talk about it. Nice post.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join