It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Probe Finds Nuclear Disaster Response Failed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Japan Probe Finds Nuclear Disaster Response Failed
By YURI KAGEYAMA, Associated Press – 1 hour ago

The 507-page interim report, compiled by interviewing more than 400 people, including utility workers and government officials, found authorities had grossly underestimated tsunami risks...

...a better response might have reduced the core damage, radiation leaks and the hydrogen explosions that followed at two reactors and sent plumes of radiation into the air, according to the report.
Sadder still was how the government dallied in relaying information to the public, such as using evasive language to avoid admitting serious meltdowns at the reactors, the report said.

The government also delayed disclosure of radiation data in the area, unnecessarily exposing entire towns to radiation when they could have evacuated, the report found.
www.google.com...

Really? Who would have thunk it!

And one hears so much talk of this disaster... in the past tense. When one sees it in the news at all. As if it's over and done with.

The disaster continues, while the masses sleep...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

There was no clear manual to follow, and the workers failed to communicate, not only with the government but also among themselves, it said.

That sums their utter incompetency. How can you manage nuclear reactors, and not know what to do in case of emergencies?
And yes, sadly it has already become "old news"...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Even the best laid plans can fail.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

So if the reactor near you goes, do you know what to do?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

No, but I'm not working there either...

When I work somewhere, I try to know what to do in what situation. And if I worked in a nuclear reactor, I'd push to have things put in place just in case.

Wouldn't you?

EDIT: Just to say, my answer concerns workers, not public at large...
edit on 26-12-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Judging by the few responses to this thread I gather that yes, the ongoing disaster at Fukushima has been successfully buried. It's still going on you know. It's still spreading radioactivity across the globe. It will get worse. And it will continue to be forgotten, until it comes up behind you and bites you where you live.

Truly unbelievable.

top topics

join