It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Girls Better At Languages/Better Spellers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
There are opinions floating around, so I was curious what you thought of a meme which seems to be prevalent among many people, i.e. girls are better at languages/better spellers. What's your take on that? Does your life experience support the idea? Cheers!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

Women are better at dealing with G-force due to their increased amount of abdominal muscles that are necessary to gestate and give birth to children. This has been proven time and time again by various Air Forces. Pretty much anything else is segragatory, and should be viewed as such.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
as far as i heard ...cannot say wether this is true or not, but i believe into this:

A womans brain is smaller in relation to what you guys have.
This discrepancy does not matter much because the female brain has more neurotransmitters, and thus more
interconnections.

which i think results in being more capable in 'multitasking' which people often say.
Also it might explain why women are often so deeply engaged if it comes to feelings.
Where you guys road to something sensual is a crappy small country road, the womens road is a 8-lane highway.

And someone else (male) i know said, while discussing this:
'my brain is larger in size, cause i need some spare cells who regulary die from drinking alcohol'

well however the conclusion i would draw from this is, that we (woman) are prone for language/spell thingies, because 'multitasking' is a highly contributing skill in this

edit on 26-12-2011 by TMJ1972 because: typos

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

Women are better at dealing with G-force ...

hell, yes ... and we tend to make phonecalls while flying combat aircraft, cause its so boring every once in a while

top topics

join