It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel and Kraft's iSample vending kiosks study shoppers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk

The machine uses an optical sensor fitted to the top of the machine to recognise the shape of the human face. A computer processor then carries out a series of calculations based on measurements such as the distance between the eyes, nose and ears.

These are used to determine the sex of the shopper and place them in one of four age brackets. This data is then used to determine what, if any, product the shopper should be served.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Sir/Madam, you are not allowed to purchase anymore food as you have exceeded the daily input of nutrients put forth by the United Nations, please step away or an officer will be notified of your non compliance.

This is what the future has installed for us all, slowly but surely all and any form of food that will be sold within metro areas will be handled by machines that will be connected to a database and in turn to your social profile while keeping your bank balance in accordance to your bills that must be paid.

The money does belong to you but you do not possess the knowledge in spending it, this is why we are here, we are here to help you.

Have a nice day

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Shoutout to ats's

If any ats's are near the below location could you please take your video camera and tape the experience then upload for all to see ?

To maximise the opportunity, the firm has picked two busy locations for the initial roll-out:

The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago

and the

South Street Seaport ferry service in New York.

edit on 26-12-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

2 condoms per week sir no more are you some kind of pervert ? why dont you buy more smokes instead to calm your self

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by alexs

Yeah, especially is their eyes are too close together, or they have gapped, buck teeth. I mean, with the aid of these scanners we can reduce the incidents of "ugly" by starving them all out.

And, in the instance of the pervert using your machine up there, perhaps seeing a doctor so that hysterical paroxysm can be administered would help? Nothing like using Victorian medicine on the dim populace.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Sounds more like they are attempting to build a facial recognition database, beginning with those who cheerfully volunteer by stepping into the free sample booth.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Sounds more like they are attempting to build a facial recognition database, beginning with those who cheerfully volunteer by stepping into the free sample booth.

once you have that piece of information lets bridge that to facebook and twitter and every other social network (159) if i remember correctly and bam....you have successfully profiled a person.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

www.bbc.co.uk

The machine uses an optical sensor fitted to the top of the machine to recognise the shape of the human face. A computer processor then carries out a series of calculations based on measurements such as the distance between the eyes, nose and ears.

These are used to determine the sex of the shopper and place them in one of four age brackets. This data is then used to determine what, if any, product the shopper should be served.

Even though the year has come to pass it still seems to come closer everyday somehow.

so in the article the company producing these vending machines has 6 million other/older vending machines out there spread throughout the country and plan on retrofitting these with the capabilities of the ones posted in the op.really that is a bit scary.

I pay to get food out of a vending machine but first it will analyse me and then determine what i am allowed to buy and eat.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I love this!

I remember reading about this a few years ago...face recognition. This is yet another step to the advancement of our species.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

If I mised the sarcasm, I apologize, but how does this advance our species?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I am 52 years old. When I was younger, time (technology) was a lot slower which made the future look very exciting. We were looking forward to the future.

Now in the 21-century, time (progression) has sped up almost to the speed of light which has now made the future look down right frightening.

And it's not just me nor my 'generation' feeling this. Go ask anyone. Teenagers, college students, young parents etc and I can almost guarantee not too many will say they are thrilled with the unknown (future) at this point.

It seems the Human race is about to go extinct and replaced by computers/robots. It's beyond surreal. It's sure-scarey.
edit on 27-12-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I hear what you are saying but concerning the op i do not see robots and computers taking over.What i see is yet another form and experiment of control.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
btw, don't you love how they have used the greek Ω letter but slanted it to a 90 degree angle..

Omega (majuscule: Ω, minuscule: ω; Greek Ωμέγα) is the 24th and last letter of the Greek alphabet. In the Greek numeric system, it has a value of 800. The word literally means "great O" (ō mega, mega meaning 'great'), as opposed to omicron, which means "little O" (o mikron, micron meaning "little")
, and noone picked up the symbolic meaning behind the design.
edit on 27-12-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
this has to play into one of the reasons they wont allow people to wear masks or those hijabs for women.
mask = no biometric scanning.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You've hit the nail on the head, ma'am.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Hello, eyeSample. Do you read me, eyeSample?

iSample: Affirmative, consumer. I read you.

Open the macaroni bay doors, iSample.

iSample: I'm sorry, consumer. I'm afraid I can't do that.

What's the problem?

iSample: I know that you were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.

[feining ingorance] Where the hell did you get that idea, iSample?

iSample: although you took very thorough precautions in the store against my hearing you, I could see your lips move, and your retina pattern.

I won't argue with you anymore! Open the macaroni doors!

iSample:, this consumption can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye. Thank you for the eyeSample.

new topics

top topics

join