It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Orbiter III, Photo 3085: Treaded Vehicle

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
It seems to me that the cookie-cutter answer to anyone starting a thread on a found moon "anomaly" is:
"It's a rock". "It's a pile of rocks". "All I see are rocks."

Actually there appears to be a agenda amongst some people to look at a picture, see a rock then claim it is a face, head, tracked vehicle, gun turret etc etc. when all they are really seeing is different shaped rocks!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

It seems to me that the cookie-cutter answer to anyone starting a thread on a found moon "anomaly" is:

Actually there appears to be a agenda amongst some people to look at a picture, see a rock then claim it is a face, head, tracked vehicle, gun turret etc etc. when all they are really seeing is different shaped rocks!

As I previously said, appearances can be deceiving.

Now, back to stockpiling Weatherproofed Ammunition, Match Containers, Meals Ready to Eat, Night Vision Devices, Night Flashlights, Gas Masks, High Capacity Magazines Bi-Pods and Tri-Pods for Rifles - all paid for in cash. And don't you dare ask what all that stuff is for 'cause I value my privacy.

Oh, and moon rocks too. Must have plenty of moon rocks in the SHTF bunker as well.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Wth are you pointing out?

It is a blurry rock....

Why do so many of you post these pics without explaining just what you think it is in the OP?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yes, it is blurry, but I recognize that machine. I've seen it before in details. Watch the first Star Wars movie. It is that big, lumbering trash collector thingy.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think you may have something there, but its too blurry to call....youll never get most convinced it couldnt be a rock etc....
Doesnt the grainy quality of most space pictures drive you nuts?
When we get better quality pics well see what NASA sees, till then they keep the best to themselves.........

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Wth are you pointing out?

It is a blurry rock....

Why do so many of you post these pics without explaining just what you think it is in the OP?

This seems quite clear:

Here's the thread title:

Here is a description for the short of sight: This appears to possibly be a vehicle on threads. It's facing away from the camera.The view is from behind the thing, looking down from above. The rear, top and left side of the object are facing the camera. The object, if it is a treaded vehicle, is going up a hill It's left tread is rolling over a rock in it's path, making the vehicle appear to be "floating somewhat above the ground in a manner similar to this:

www.theengineer.co.uk...

There is a small dome on the top of the thing. Tread tracks can be seen behind it. Or, it could be a boulder and not a vehicle.

Here are the photos in the OP clearly cropped and enlaged in a series with a big red circle around the object until it's obvious what object in the lanscape I'm refering to:

As I said before, cookie-cutter responses: "What are you talking about", "I don't see it", "it's rocks". "Point it out to me"/ As if I haven't pointed it out it the most obvious way.

edit on 12/26/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: additional description and vitriol as well as typos

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
More descriptors:

It remides me of, but doesn't look exactly like, the Chariot from "Lost in Space" as well as these concept vehicles:

Or it could be a boulder:

With tank treads that are slightly higher than the vehicle's body, and that are slightly longer than the vehicles body.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Something like this:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Source:
www.lpi.usra.edu...

Or a pile of rocks? Hmmm.

Hi this_is_who_we_are,

I didn't see, maybe I missed it, but I was wondering what kind of scale are we looking at here? What is the size of the potential object?

Thanks,

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IronDogg

See the above photos of lunar concept vehicles I uploaded in the posts immediately above yours. Those are just guesses since I don't know the scale of things in the original NASA photo. It could be a small remote vehicle no larger than a vacuum, or it could be as large as the concept vehicles in the photos. Nevertheless, it appears to me (and so far no one else) to have tank-like treads and a small dome on the top. I uploaded the photos of the concept vehicles for visual reference, not scale.

ETA:

In addition, since I don't know the scale of things in the original NASA photo then of course it could be a huge boulder. And with the resolution issue, yes, it could be rocks. I'm not as obtuse as other posters have made me out to be. Let's call it unidentified, since neither myself nor anyone else is able to go to the site and positively identify the object.
edit on 12/26/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: Edit To Add and a typo

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I think you may have something there, but its too blurry to call....youll never get most convinced it couldnt be a rock etc....
Doesnt the grainy quality of most space pictures drive you nuts?
When we get better quality pics well see what NASA sees, till then they keep the best to themselves.........

It's not actually blurry, it's a resolution issue. And yes, it drives me nuts. Thank you for at least considering that I might have something with this.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Oh no, this isn't over.
I won't let this one get buried. It's too obviously a vehicle. Almost a smoking gun, as it were. I'll be posting to this one incessantly...

Incessantly never happened. But it still looks like a vehicle to me.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Time to bring this back to the surface. Bumpity bump.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
OP your shadows are wrong, the sun's light is coming roughly from a 1 o'clock position, that means the vehicle's left side(if you imagine the square shape as the rear end) should be in the shade, but it's not.

IMO it's just a convergence of shadows that give the illusion of an artifact, nothing more.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

No, all you see is are rocks, we actually see things other than rocks.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ok, I don't know if anyone has tried already, but I've identified the crater in the upper portion of the picture as the 'Ukert' crater which has a diameter of 26km, and judging by eye, that would make this 'vehicle' very very big, somewhere in the region of a kilometer in size at a guess.

Ukert

So, if it is a vehicle, which I contend that it isn't, how did we get something that size up there? Or do you think it's an alien artifact?

I'm calling this one a 'shadow'.

edit on 15-4-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
Ok, I don't know if anyone has tried already, but I've identified the crater in the upper portion of the picture as the 'Ukert' crater which has a diameter of 26km, and judging by eye, that would make this 'vehicle' very very big, somewhere in the region of a kilometer in size at a guess.

Ukert

So, if it is a vehicle, which I contend that it isn't, how did we get something that size up there? Or do you think it's an alien artifact?

I'm calling this one a 'shadow'.

edit on 15-4-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

You really should forget about size. Just because we can't build something doesn't mean it is not possible.
As it is we build big moving things too. The largest supertanker was 458.45 metres long and it could resists storms and high seas. Nowadays we can easily build something bigger than that.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Ahh casey's rock one of my favourite's.

Here is another image of rock for you, one not properly AIRBRUSHED by those whom love to use dis info to control the public and stamp on fire's before they get too big,

The solenoid or piston arrangement is most enlightening as is the fact the dust sample's they took in scoop bag's from the derelict had near similar property's thermally speaking to the old space shuttle tile's and the shape of the front fallen glider is the same as the early post lunar NASA airplane dropped one manned re-entry glider prototype air frames.

I know somebody is going to criticise this

files.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe we or a previous terrestrial race were there in the past and were involved in something devastating maybe an invasion however sci fi that may sound like us they may have been blasting radio into space and made themselves a tempting target for a civilisation needing to expand to survive and I suggest mobile H3 Refining and mining facility as the most likely candidate. GREAT THREAD thanks for this.

Here is this as well, note the shattered glass of the visor still around the face bezel and the right hand resting on the chest under the throat with a skeletal like structure were the glove seal has disintegrated then look at the waist area and see the strange pattern's either the legs no longer exist or are buried.

Imagery from a dead site that no longer exists I wonder why.

Another possible vehicle on a much smaller scale,

edit on 15-4-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Tracy's rock is awesome.
You should check out the painting made by Alan Bean.

This part is very interesting:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pinobot

I believe that was a scoop mark or were the astronaut touched it with his hand, Remember,
1. very very old.
2. exposed to particle radiation, solar wing, dust scatter from lunar impact's and extreme's of temperature that would fatigue our best alloy's causing even some crystalline structure's to break down.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join