It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get your brain back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
You know how we have to exercise to get our bodies in shape?

We also have to actually think a lot to get our brains back.

So, to work out your brain, here are a few suggestions:

1. Read a book. I mean a meaningful book - then think about it. Talk about it.

2. Work out. And extend that workout. And while you are doing that, listen to music you like, and think about how you feel.

3. Do things you haven't tried - do logic puzzles - they really get your brain going.

And I do not want to hear from negative people, thank you.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Don't forget to feed your brain. Your brain needs some things more than others and it will need a lot of it because mental activity can use up a lot of energy. Mental exhaustion.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Yournotaschoolteacherbychance,becauseifeellikeihavebeengivenhomework.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Just my view.

I would like people to be aware that their very own brain is more powerful than any computer.

We just have to learn how to use our amazing brains.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
No-one wants to get their brain back.

This would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

This is how far humanity has gone.

They have said to the vampires "Take my brain".

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Your brain can never have access to enough information to make a genuinely informed decision on things. Your heart is the true seat of knowledge. Stop filling it with thoughts from other people. No tv, no books, no magazines (ever anyway - pure advertising), no music. Experience the silence and stillness of your heart. Find out who you really are and what you're really about. Know yourself. Do this fully and regularly. Only then will you know what really appeals to you. When you know your Self, you lose the need for validation of others. You are free in thought and action. You need no validation or corroboration when you're free of the ego and its fear. Then you can read books, meaningful books, and you will understand them and have real opinions about them. You finally exist.

The body is simply a manifestation of the Self on the physical plane. Keep it clean and trim. Live humbly in all ways and your balance will be restored.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I love doing cryptograms for one. Memory puzzles are fun, mind teasers are great, reading a real paper book is amazing and nothing EVER Beats the smell of a library.

I do agree that mental stimulation helps the brain process info faster for longer. Like anything, if you do not use it, you will get stagnant. Why do you think if you learn something and not use it, you forget in time? It's the brain losing a part that used to /make/ it. I lost a lot of stuff I used to know in high school. Or even just a few years ago. That's scary. When you forget something you used to know off the top of your head - even if it was just..... closing your restaurant and the steps you took to get the report for the day off the computer - you used to know that like breathing, but now? 2 years later you couldn't remember if you wanted to unless someone told you and refreshed your memory.

That applies to many things. Think of something you used to do/know/say without thinking about it. I know there's something. How well can you recall it now? If you can with a high accuracy, thats amazing. If you can't, well.. you just lost part of something which used to make you /you/. What if next time it's a phone number? Or your address? Or the name of your 3rd cousin? or you want to call your sister Jane but instead spew out your other sisters' names first, "Mary.. i mean heather.... JANE. Gosh, what's /wrong/ with me?"

You know that's happened or will at some point. Exercise your brain. Once you start forgetting things, it's a part of you gone for ever.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

Oh baby, Mr McKenna and I have a lot in common, and a very good "bestest friend in the whole wide world" too (who shall remain nameless due to policy issues on this site). Even so, my absolute evidence for all of this was not through said "best friend" but through the direct experience of meditation, which are similar but not the same. Experience will never be had in living by proxy or living by the rules or allowing any secondary factor to determine your truth. You must be there, present in your whole awareness (even with that best friend, who doesn't dull it but maybe "softens" it), and feel everything the experience has to offer. Feel it without ego and without fear. Experience it for what it is, without judgment and without shame. Everything is wonderful. Everything is perfect. Those who don't get that are missing the point entirely.

top topics

join