It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New cell phone cases reduce radiation exposure!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
20 posts! My first thread! Woot!

Hope this helps some people out. I think these are pretty cool and will probably get one for my phone. Though probably won't protect my phone like my Otter Box does, but will certainly protect me a hell of a lot better! These should be the new craze. Git U ONE

Pong offers the only solution that has been proven to protect consumers from device radiation while not compromising the device’s performance. As mentioned above, their cases reduce radiation exposure up to 95% below the targets set by the FCC and ICNIRP (International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection). Each case features a patented antenna technology that redirects and redistributes the cell phone radiation that would otherwise be absorbed by the user’s head and body (as opposed to shielding or blocking the radiation which the FCC warns may actually increase radiation exposure, forcing the phone or iPad to work harder to find a signal).

Full Article

You're Welcome

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
what a brilliant design

i guess its made of metal, for knowing that metal shields radiation ?

I think having this one to your ear (the side with the display) all the radiation which should emit through its back is reflected directly into your head

furthermore if its shielding the station (direct line of sight) the transceiver inside your phone powers up and it reflects into your head with its maximum power

IMHOyour desired item may not work as you expect

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Did you read the article? It explained the difference between this tech and shielding... It is not shielding, shielding makes the radiation worse, because shielding effects your phones performance making your phone work harder to get signal. The case contains a patented antenna that disperses the radiation away from you.

new topics

join