It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Picture of Ron Paul on the Official Texas House of Representatives Web Page?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The only Texas House of Representatives district lacking a photo of the respective representative on the official web page is district 14 (Dr. Ron Paul). What the hell is going on here? Is this more evidence of a conspiracy to undermine the one person who is running for POTUS who actually intends to bring about REAL change, or am I missing something?

www.house.state.tx.us...

Your thoughts ATS?

Edit to add: I performed a search on this topic and came up dry. If the mods feel inclined to close this thread based on this having already been posted, I hope they keep in mind that the ATS search function needs a bit of work. (constructive criticism)
edit on 26-12-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

Edit again to add: I must concede that I missed district 111 as not having a picture of their respective representative as well...

Edit once again to add: We all can come across as complete idiots when we fail to do our research. Education is the greatest source of true progress in this world. Unfortunately, I have regressed a bit with this thread. I hope you all can forgive me as I will except my mistakes, and thank all of you who have pointed them out to me.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Uh....Ron Paul is in the US House of Representatives, not the Texas State House. And there are two missing pictures but I have no interest in looking further to figure out why.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
It looks like district 14 bills authored when I clicked on it seems like it is Rep. Fred Brown for district 14, not Ron Paul.
edit on 12/26/2011 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

Texas's 14th district for the United States House of Representatives is a Congressional district that covers the area south and southwest of the Greater Houston region, including Galveston, in the state of Texas. The district was created as a result of the 1900 U.S. Census and was first contested in 1902. Its first representative—Democrat James L. Slayden, who had served another district in Congress since 1897—began representing the 14th in March 1903 as a member of the 58th United States Congress. Republicans had a handful of victories in this district in the early 20th century, which was remarkable given the heavily Democratic tilt of Texas at the time. The district's ultimate shift to the Republican Party in the 1980s has been attributed to the coattail effect of Ronald Reagan's electoral successes though a handful of Democrats won elections in the 1990s,[1] as well as Houston's suburbs bleeding into the eastern portion of the district. The district's current representative is Ron Paul.

I thought I had a pretty decent understanding of what constitutes a Representative...

Is there a difference between the US House of Representatives and the Texas State House?

Once again, I must ask, am I missing something? If so, I would appreciate someone expounding on this matter.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Each State has a Senate and House of its own that deal with State and Local matters.

Each State also elects Representatives and Senators to represent the State at the Federal Level in Washington DC

Ron Paul
edit on 12/26/2011 by DarkStormCrow because: add link to house site of Ron Paul

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Each State has a Senate and House of its own that deal with State and Local matters.

Each State also elects Representatives and Senators to represent the State at the Federal Level in Washington DC

Ron Paul
edit on 12/26/2011 by DarkStormCrow because: add link to house site of Ron Paul

Here I thought that I had a pretty good understanding of government.

I was wrong.

I must withdraw my earlier statements, as they were based upon a lack of understanding.

This certainly is not an excuse, but I hope you all will except this as an explanation of my (hopefully rare) incorrect statements: The holidays lead to indulgence in certain chemicals that affect one's reasoning.

I wouldn't normally post something like this without having done more research.

You have my apologies.

MODS PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

Happy pseudo-christian holiday everybody!

top topics

join