It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - 4 minute history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This is a 4 minute video of the History of Israel, its kind of funny video and short so it is not boring.
For those Atheist just start at :30 seconds of the video. This is a reply to History of Palestine thread.

Timeline
[In the beginning God made the blah blah blah blah...]
[586 BC] The Babylonians expels Jews from Jerusalem.
[537 BC] Persian Emperor Cyrus allows Jews to return.
Bah! screw the timeline just watch the video!!

This topic is so sensitive because it is History most people are debating, but they choose what history they want to believe from whom they side with. And I don't side with any. But my conclusion is, "Israelite were the first, then they left, then returned and took the lands of Palestine that occupy it after they have left before and so on and so forth". Yeah I know it sucks why they just can't live together in harmony.

------------------------------------------------
What interests me in this Israel-Palestine topic is because back at school days, I used to win awards, but it came to a point where I lose interest in studies, so I joined this school Quiz bee to redeem myself, and I lose most of the quizzes until the last subject, Social Studies, I went into a tie with the last guy and when they ask the last question, "What is the longest ongoing conflict?" I answered, Israeli–Palestinian conflict, and I won that Quiz Bee contest Hooray!! But later after some research I think that my answer to the question is wrong (the actual form of the question I also can't remember), but my Prof said I'm correct. After goggling, I found out the longest war was a war between the Netherlands and the Isles of Scilly.

edit on 26-12-2011 by WinnieDaWho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
There's something I don't seem to get, the Arab majority that was living in "Syria-Palestine" for over 1500 years and owned 97% of the land, why where they massacred and displaced?

And get one thing right at least, Jews have been living there for thousands of years, but so have Mexicans in the US and that doesn't grant them the right to take over, same with Indians in the US.
How this video simply ignores the massacres and displacement of the Arabs that owned the land for over 1500 years, is simply ridiculous.

And one last thing, the "world decided on it?"
Nope, more like Zionists pressured and threatened tons of small countries in voting in it's favour.

Reports of pressure
Both sides put pressure on member countries to vote for or against the partition. A telegram signed by 26 US senators with influence on foreign aid bills was sent to wavering countries, seeking their support for the partition plan.[47] Many nations reported pressure directed specifically at them:
United States: President Truman later noted, "The facts were that not only were there pressure movements around the United Nations unlike anything that had been seen there before, but that the White House, too, was subjected to a constant barrage. I do not think I ever had as much pressure and propaganda aimed at the White House as I had in this instance. The persistence of a few of the extreme Zionist leaders—actuated by political motives and engaging in political threats—disturbed and annoyed me."[48]
India: Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru spoke with anger and contempt for the way the UN vote had been lined up. He said the Zionists had tried to bribe India with millions and at the same time his sister, Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit, had received daily warnings that her life was in danger unless "she voted right".[49]
Liberia: Liberia's Ambassador to the United States complained that the US delegation threatened aid cuts to several countries.[50] Harvey S. Firestone, Jr., President of Firestone Natural Rubber Company, with major holdings in the country, also pressured the Liberian government[43][47]
Philippines: In the days before the vote, the Philippines' representative General Carlos P. Romulo stated "We hold that the issue is primarily moral. The issue is whether the United Nations should accept responsibility for the enforcement of a policy which is clearly repugnant to the valid nationalist aspirations of the people of Palestine. The Philippines Government holds that the United Nations ought not to accept such responsibility". After a phone call from Washington, the representative was recalled and the Philippines' vote changed.[47]
Haiti: The promise of a five million dollar loan may have secured Haiti's vote for partition.[51]

And since when does the world have the right to displace the inhabitants of one country for over 1500 years? The Palestinians did not attack the Jews throughout their "4000 years" or whatever the video claims for Jews to be there for, until they decided to take over. And now the Jews cry over how they were always persecuted, simply the most ridiculous excuse of a thread I've ever seen.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
If you are going to rely on a biased, 4 minute video that over-simplifies the history of Israel, deny's or ignores many complexities then you are really only keeping yourself ignorant.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ghash

And get one thing right at least, Jews have been living there for thousands of years, but so have Mexicans in the US and that doesn't grant them the right to take over, same with Indians in the US.

Of course not. The conqueror has all the rights. We come, we take, you stick with it, Mexicans, Indians, all of you, and that's alright.
Then why it bothers you so much that Israel does the same?
By your logic you proved the point of OP: either they have been there, so they have rights, either they are conquerors, like US, and that's ok too, cause "we" did it and everything came out just fine.. Now let's see, are you ready to give the lands back to Indians and Mexicans?
The logical of absurd, when we never see the straw in our own eye...

edit on 26-12-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

I'm not an American, so no I wouldn't have a say in that. But if the US is supporting the Israel (the largest foreign aid recipient), then why shouldn't the Indians be entitled to do the same thing to the US that Israel has done to Palestine?
And the people supporting Zionism are divided in themselves, hence why the conflict has been going on for so long. The Zionists just want the complete ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians, while people on these forums and around the world (not in Israel) who support Israel, trash talk about the Palestinians and Arabs of that region for standing up to the oppressor and conqueror, and label them anti-Semites.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat
reply to post by ghash

Of course not. The conqueror has all the rights. We come, we take, you stick with it, Mexicans, Indians, all of you, and that's alright.
Then why it bothers you so much that Israel does the same?
By your logic you proved the point of OP: either they have been there, so they have rights, either they are conquerors, like US, and that's ok too, cause "we" did it and everything came out just fine.. Now let's see, are you ready to give the lands back to Indians and Mexicans?
The logical of absurd, when we never see the straw in our own eye...

Yup he just proved my point, Jews have been there for a long time also, it is because how they violently took their lands back from the Palestinians irritates people, but my point is, they have been there from the start. And I'm not a Zionist.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'm not zionist either, but for the life of me, I cannot understand why so much hate against Israel. By history, and common sense, both jews and palestinians have the right to be there; but somehow they are not able to come to an agreement and live side by side. What they do to each other is despicable, but maybe they both have their advantages from this, otherwise they would have used the many chances presented in the last 60 years to make peace. And the daily world wide propaganda plays no little role in this.

But why so much personal hate? I would love to see a percent of this passion going towards chinese/tibetan issue, for example. But on contrary, I see China held high as a super power, and every damn market in the world saturated with their products. It's maybe because the tibetans don't blow themselves live and don't send their kids to fight the chinese soldiers? Maybe because the chinese didn't killed Jesus yet? I have no idea, but all this hate is disproportionate and ridiculous.
And I have a strong feeling that even if they will make peace tomorrow, the hate will stay, just under another pretext...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat
I'm not zionist either, but for the life of me, I cannot understand why so much hate against Israel. By history, and common sense, both jews and palestinians have the right to be there; but somehow they are not able to come to an agreement and live side by side. What they do to each other is despicable, but maybe they both have their advantages from this, otherwise they would have used the many chances presented in the last 60 years to make peace. And the daily world wide propaganda plays no little role in this.

But why so much personal hate? I would love to see a percent of this passion going towards chinese/tibetan issue, for example. But on contrary, I see China held high as a super power, and every damn market in the world saturated with their products. It's maybe because the tibetans don't blow themselves live and don't send their kids to fight the chinese soldiers? Maybe because the chinese didn't killed Jesus yet? I have no idea, but all this hate is disproportionate and ridiculous.
And I have a strong feeling that even if they will make peace tomorrow, the hate will stay, just under another pretext...

Well said, I think people hates the imperialistic America that is why they hate their ally Israel too. The best way to piss of America is thru Israel.

new topics

top topics

join