It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Guys Aren't Obsessed With Ron Paul Or Anything, Are You?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I mean there's got to be a couple dozen threads about the guy, pro or con, on the first page!

Yes, I support him.

Yes, I will be voting for him.

But don't you think you're kind of over doing it?

Let the paid Obama shills have at it. Their # is weak.

RON PAUL '12!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KennibleLecter

Nothing turned me off to Ron Paul more than the rabbid fans he has flooding places like ATS and the lame excuses they use. There are a ton of valid arguments FOR the man that rational people can make. I come here and see a ton of fanboys making things up to make up for a lack of valid arguments and it really makes me wonder why he attracts what it does that he does. I made my mind up about his politics long before I found ATS thank god. His fans here just remind me I was most likely right.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Anyone who doesn't support Ron Paul is a shill

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

or a complete hypocrite.

and because he's an independent, a politician truly outside the box, he's getting it from both the left and the right.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Over doing it you say?
Not in the least, I say.

People are very enthusiastic at the possibility of getting our country back, and having a future for themselves and their children and grandchildren.

People have been screwed for long enough, people are sick and tired of the BS.

The shills, traitors, anti-Americans, and the Constitution-haters here can solve this problem by [color=gold]SIMPLY NOT CLICKING ON THE FLIPPEN THREADS if you are upset with this enthusiasm.

Personal responsibility, yes?
edit on 26-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: [color=gold]COLOR!!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

andddddddd what does it make people who aren't even bothering voting next year? let me guessss we're traitors right?
Am I a traitor because I'm not voting for saint paul?

I actually realized a long time ago that nothing will change and that everything in this country is already paid for and owned and a presidential election is not going to change anything.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Obsessed with Ron Paul? Oh heck no... There is much more to life than Ron Paul. There is Rand Paul, for instance!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This is the beginning of the Primary/Caucus season...

We're in a fight for our lives here.

edit on 26-12-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Why does ATS continue to allow such political shilling then?

Get over it. Why can't you people learn from Obama? How much more does one have to repent for voting for the man before people GET IT and realize that a vote for a Republican or a Democrat is a vote for the same thing?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KennibleLecter

or a complete hypocrite.

and because he's an independent, a politician truly outside the box, he's getting it from both the left and the right.

Eh, that is another problem.
I am not sure what you are looking at but he keeps running as a Republican here.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I support him, and I do talk about him to people that I know. I talked to my aunt about him, and I found out that she thought that he wanted to cut defense, which wasn't the case. I think there's a big portion of Americans that don't know exactly what he's about yet, thanks to the media, so that's why I keep talking about him.

He seems like the best candidate to go for since just about all the rest of the Republicans and Democrats seem like the same thing over and over. I don't agree with everything he says, but he seems pretty sufficient to me. If he revealed to have a flaw that I didn't like, I would have to still weigh that against the other choices to see whether it's still worth it to stand behind him.

Haven't found one yet.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Sorry to do this, but this mentality right here is the problem with ATS of late. Because I don't support YOUR candidate I'm suddenly a shill? Sounds awfully close to the same rhetoric people have used to attempt to brow-beat people into voting for other candidates in elections past. Perhaps I don't like him because I disagree with his platform, his views on X issue, or any of the myriad of other reasons, how exactly does that make me a shill?

I am sick to death of people telling others how to vote irregardless of the specifics. First it was people yelling that if they didn't vote for a republican they were terrorist sympathizers, then when the GOP fell out of vogue it was the the democrats I was supposed to vote for else I be branded a neo-con, and now I'm a shill unless I vote for a specific candidate?

Maybe if people quit with the guilt trip crap we could move beyond voting for people because of their party affiliations (and lets face it RP might as well have run on the LP ticket except for his stance on things like Abortion) and put a potentially honest, decent person in office rather than the same tired old hacks who have been cycling through DC since we were but glimmers in our parents' eyes.

Every time someone uses the cliches about Ron Paul and why everyone just hast to vote for them they in fact support the status quo and how the populace is essentially herded into voting for whomever, even the RP fans who claim to love liberty more than cherry pie and free trips to the salad bar. How about this for a change; buck the entire system and every candidate, start a grass roots program demanding an end to winner-take-all voting in elections, push for a ban on all corporate donations to candidates and other various reforms, but please for the love of god quit drinking this left/right coolaid which even Ron Paul is selling by running on the GOP ticket.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I agree with you to a degree but Ron Paul is obviously not a typical Republican and he has said himself, the 2-headed 1-Party system has made it very difficult for someone to run as a 3rd Party candidate.

I'll support Ron Paul regardless of which banner he runs under.

When you watch both Ron Paul and Obama speak on issues, you really dont see a difference? Forget about the fact that Obama had almost no record to speak of as a 2 year Senator and that hes an establishment insider or that Ron Paul's rhetoric has not changed in 30 years and has a 24 year voting record to support these assertions.

Forget all that.

Cant you just tell a good decent person when you see one?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
How about this for a change; buck the entire system and every candidate, start a grass roots program demanding an end to winner-take-all voting in elections, push for a ban on all corporate donations to candidates and other various reforms, but please for the love of god quit drinking this left/right coolaid which even Ron Paul is selling by running on the GOP ticket.

Ron Paul supporters arent Republicans per se. We are supporting the man not the Party.

We'd support him regardless of which banner he ran under and while I can appreciate your sentiment, as the man himself has said, the 2-headed 1-party system has made it very diffiuclt to run as a 3rd Party candidate.

People are so brainwashed, "Im a Democrat, Im a Republican". People need to vote based on issues not Party.

We are bucking the system, Ron Paul is doing incredibly well and the establishment is having a melt down.

edit on 26-12-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
If you mean obsessed in the way " I love freedom of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness ", then yes.

If you mean obsessed in the man as a saviour-esque Icon, then no.

It would take a pure miracle for one man to change our beloved country, with the flip of the wrist. Its going to take all of us, but the seeds have been planted. There has been a paradigm shift in this nations, and the rest of the worlds thinking.

Now everyone questions EVERYONE'S motives. Our governments have become untrustworthy, and people see that.

That said I also believe that if Ron Paul isn't elected as president, this country is definitely screwed. We stand a better chance for true freedom if he is. I just want some sort of steady progression in our government, is that to much to ask for?

Give us innovation in a better way of life instead of war. Stop making a buck on destroying other countries. If this was a true capitalist democracy, then we would be developing ingenuity that promotes peace not war.

You can't sell the world on peace when you're ripping the world apart.

....Believe it or not, what is said on this forum, and the discoverys made here, make it to the main stream media. There are some very smart capable individuals on this forum, and what is said here is sometimes translated into a news story in the msm.

edit on 26-12-2011 by becomingaware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

Nothing turned me off to Ron Paul more than the rabbid fans he has flooding places like ATS and the lame excuses they use. There are a ton of valid arguments FOR the man that rational people can make. I come here and see a ton of fanboys making things up to make up for a lack of valid arguments and it really makes me wonder why he attracts what it does that he does.
And what exactly are these "things" that people make up about him?

I made my mind up about his politics long before I found ATS thank god. His fans here just remind me I was most likely right.
Who do you plan to vote for then? The banker puppet Obama or the banker puppet Romney?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Hello OP.

You know what? At this point, it would be kind of fun to see the results of a Ron Paul electoral win.

AND, the succeeding several years that follow. I make no predictions nor state an opinion, except to say....

It would be very interesting to see it play out. The USA has suffered many Presidential adinistrations, good AND bad, for over two centuries.

Why "not experiment"?

Thoughts? Opinions? I say "Give it a try.". Sometimes "change".....uh oh, that was used before....almost wrote "Change"....is ''good".

Language fails, we use it to spur reaction, far FAR too often. Causes problems, sometimes.

How about........THOUGHT

(New slogan)....?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

It's the same "cult of personality" that vaulted Obama from being a freshman senator to POTUS.

*squeal*
It's Obama!

*squeal*
It's Ron Paul!

I happen to like Paul, but I won't get giddy if he's nominated.

I'll get giddy when government starts shrinking. When they start spending less. When they start leaving me alone.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

You're both clueless.

But don't listen to reason. You're going by blind hope.

I'm sure that this quote by Shrub (of all the people) will refresh your memory:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Actually, you CAN get fooled again.

Don't buy the RP nonsense. It's just more left vs right pandering. Obama is a massive failure. Please, for the love of common sense, don't be fooled again.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It'll be a cold day in hell when that shrinking happens.

Unless you're prone to cold shrinkage (hey, hey, a little humor, eh?).

Just cutting things will never solve the problem in this country. Otherwise, you'd see more people getting snipped to avoid unnecessary reproduction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join