It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This new Documentry may save your life (Forks over Knives) and our planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
In a nutshell it follows two leading research doctors who blow a big big whole on what all our governments tell us on what we should eat.
The studies these two undertake are mind blowing but produce definitive result in laymen terms.

If you had cancer or heart problems its a must see also if you are overweight it will show you how to reverse this.

The reason this movie clicked so well with me is that I spent nearly 6 month in Dharamsala this year and since the cow is holy in India I got not dairy product or beef the whole time I was there the results was a 22 pound weight loss with no gym training not bad hey?

I was there recovering from brain tumor surgery and chasing a more Zen lifestyle.

Anyway back on point This Docu shows that big Pharma & big dairy are putting dollars ahead of our health yet again.........

We are all been conned
Since I believe in Karma these days if I save just one with this thread it will be enough......

Karma means action people and good action is what is need to change ones life.....

Some will laugh me off as a loon who in the past has claimed he spoke with Alien I was mentally ill with two brain tumors since surgery I no longer have these problem but they did feel like real encounter at the time.
I was fortunate to have met privately with his holiness The Dalai Lama while in Dharamsala this has helped me get a new look on life, we can fix most of our problem here on Earth our-self if only we stop listening to big business easy as that. forks over knives
Peace & Hope
SM

edit on 26-12-2011 by smokingman2006 because: extended title

edit on 26-12-2011 by smokingman2006 because: added link

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

Where is your link?

Missing the link I think.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Was just given a copy of this to watch. The funny thing is, it was given to me by one of the mmet-eating-est s.o.b.'s ii have ever known. After watching it, he immediately went vegan, and hasn't looked back.

Being a vegitarian myself, I don't knoe that it will influence me too hard. But I'm looking forward to watching it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Sorry I did forget to add the link. it's there now at the bottom of the first post

Peace & Hope
SM

edit on 26-12-2011 by smokingman2006 because: error

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
So where can I watch this online?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I downloaded and watched it while I was in Basel in Switzerland over the weekend it's legal in that country for personal use.

Sorry I don"t know the laws in your country.....

Peace& hope
SM

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokingman2006

Sorry I did forget to add the link. it's there now at the bottom of the first post

Peace & Hope
SM

edit on 26-12-2011 by smokingman2006 because: error

Thanks! Much better! Looks pretty interesting and I swear by this information. I think we can cure disease by changing what and how we eat and eating more consciously. I remember after Bill Clinton had that heart attack he didn't exactly BLAME the donuts but we all know it was the Crispy Cremes! lol No kidding he did go around speaking to kids about the benefits of a plant based diet even for short periods and he swears it saved his life.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Been a Frenchman I was bought up on dairy products & Meat.

Has hard as the change has been I am never going back ....... It's all a mind set thing nothing more

Peace & Hope

SM

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Goes further than Vegan the whole dairy industry should be no more than 5% of your diet
Or Avoided totally

well worth a watch mate
peace & hope
SM

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Interesting thread & movie OP. The fact that you only lost 22lbs while spending 6-months in India & that you recently suffered a brain tumor weren’t lost on me.

Maybe dairy & preservatives are preserving longevity & degenerative diseases are evolutionary growing pains(?).

Along those lines, here are some interesting pics, albeit, from Wiki, but as your movie demonstrates, a picture is worth at least a thousand words:

Female life expectancy:

Male life expectancy :

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 29-12-2011 by OlafMiacov because: clarity

edit on 29-12-2011 by OlafMiacov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Before you drop the steak, you might want to consider that the evidence for vegetarianism and veganism is hardly conclusive or even all that great. Most of the actual evidence points squarely at avoiding grains and sugars, and getting more animal (not seed, not trans) fats. Pretty much everything T. Colin Campbell has produced has been thoroughly debunked online - you might want to check out Raw Food S.O.S. and Chris Masterjohn.

Here's a few links that are worth reading regarding Forks Over Knives: rawfoodsos.com... -is-the-science-legit-a-review-and-critique/ Niesy's very thorough critique provides great information on why this documentary is so very misleading.

blog.cholesterol-and-health.com... knives-pictorial-review.html Chris Masterjohn discusses some of the things the documentary got right along with what it got wrong.

www.csicop.org... CSICOP even weighs in, and not in favour of the 'rational' vegetarian movement.

If you really want to make a difference on your health, put down the bagel and coke. I'd hazard a guess that the one who lost 22lbs in India was probably consuming a lot less sugar in the form of high fructose corn syrup, and possibly less wheat. I lost 50 lbs last year - do you want to know how? I pigged out on fatty meats and ate lots of dairy and eggs, and I stayed the hell away from wheat, sugar, grains, and processed carbohydrates. I also avoided artificial sweeteners. My health measures improved on all counts, from C-Reactive Protein to cholesterol to blood pressure.

I suggest picking up a copy of Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes, it'll be a real eye opener. Leave behind your heart-destroying whole grains and anything-but-harmless sugar and go grab some bacon and a good juicy steak. Your body will thank you for it. Oh, and eat vegetables too - they're still good for you. Just not the starchy ones.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
One important factor that they do not talk about in this film : celiac disease. Going vegan is not always healthy. In fact, it can kill you.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Am i going blind? ive gone to your link but cannot locate where to play the doco, any help ? cheers

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Wow, interesting... I can't have dairy or beef anyways, lactose-intolerant and I have a case of IBS, so no red meat. Intersting that I feel healthier now that I don't eat things like that anymore...

new topics

top topics

join