It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Blown Apart In Nigeria By God Fearing Islamists

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse

Originally posted by steveknows

Where did I misunderstand what you wrote?

In the plethora of posts asking me to explain just like that one that I just replied to.
You are funny.
I gotta go to bed.

Oh don't fear. I wasn't expecting anything in the form of a rational constructive response from you. It was more a rhetorical question.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I get your point. I really do. But do think that if Christians were blowing people up that the muslims would be saying "non christians who call themselves christians but aren't really christians because they're not acting like christians blew up more people today" ? Is 90% of the world anti Christ or is it that they don't follow Christ? There's a difference. And how many of those other religions kill Christians because they're christians? I'd like to point out here that it's not just Christians either. These fundamentalists are anti everything but islam.

The point is to fight the terrorists not the average islamic joe but some on here are making out that to be against the terrorists is to be against people who are muslim. Kind of puts them in the same basket as the terrorists. Those on here who condone the terrorists acts are deliberatley making out that to hate the terrorists is to hate a muslim for being a muslim. And that's their mission on this site.
edit on 26-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

Do not take this the wrong way but for a Christian, you spend a lot of time justifying why you should behave one way because of how other people behave. Is that what your religion teaches you? They did it first so I can do it to now? Just wondering? Or is it, they did something bad so I can do something else bad? What exactly are the rules?

All your justifications are "Do you think THEY....?"
Odd that Christians care that way. I read your b ook and it says otherwise.

Don't take this the wrong way but for some one who is critical of oh so many posters who don't agree with you you really don't like to read what others post. The fact that I've said I'm not Christian ( here's the link to where I informed you that I'm not Christian and because you persists with this idea that I am it just shows that your goal is to turn a debate into an arguement or you're truly irrational or you're a lying troll www.abovetopsecret.com... ) must have been in one of the many posts you reply to but don't actually bother reading.

The FACT is that you twist anything that you don't agree with. Just like the murdering fundmentalists you seem to support. That's ok. You go ahead and hate the cullture and country that has enable you to be educated,regardless of the waste, and all else about it that gives you what you take for granted and perhaps one day the soldiers who defend your country and fight the people your heart bleeds for will get the chance to spit on you.
edit on 27-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Church bombs , body parts and insides splatter to the four corners of Christs Church, and some defend these Islamist thugs and murderers who organise such things.

Nigeria is a nation of approx 300 million souls , half of whom are baptised in the name of Christ.

Yet like Iraq , Egypt, Indonesia, Burma,Iran to name a few , Christians are being massacred for the sole reason of being Christian by faith.

Whilst the bend over west order multi faith "new orders"...the nations most of the muslim immigrants originate from preach hate and violence against anyone rejecting Islamic orders.

Are we going to watch opur Nigerian christian brothers get slaughtered ?...or should we prioritise future immigration and refugee policy, in favour of the Christian persecuted, from the nations whom tolerate the Islamist facist attacks on christ followers?

Christian refugees would integrate much better than brain washed extremist Islamists?

Lets pray at this Christmass time for our fellow Christians who are butchered for praying to God through the son.

So I guess what you are saying is that if both parties were atheist or agnostic then maybe they would have celebrated together instead of one blowing the other one up. I would consider myself agnostic because I think that no man can speak to what god wants. Those who do claim, or books that claim, that they speak for the divine creator are simply disillusioned and arrogant. I have known many agnostics and atheists that do good things not because of the promise of an afterlife in paradise riding unicorns on white clouds or having sex with virgins to be thrown away once they are used up but simply because they believed it was the right thing to do WITHOUT any form of guidance whatsoever. I have, however, met a lot of individuals that use religion as a front or a way of taunting others that they are somehow better and often shortly after they have done the exact same things to others that their God has told them was a sin. I would trust those who make good and honest decisions on their own over those who use the "dummies guide-book to getting their own real estate in heaven" any day of the week. Religion as we know it now is a weapon. Lay down your weapons.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

Like any Christian would give a rats @@@ what you or most of the other west haters on this board have to say. This site shows no sympathy towards Christians what so ever. Its full of sleepers and the Blame America first crowd. Unless your religon promotes running around with bombs straped to its followers then you will get no support here. Heading back to the Ancient civalization forum, nicer there.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

Which part of

THIS IS THE NEW TESTAMENT ERA OF GRACE

is difficult for you to understand?

I don't recall a Scripture even in the Old Testament about telling Israel to hunt down and kill all those with 6 fingers.

Accuracy is better than off the wall nonsense.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Let me guess we start a war with them to "save them".

Nahh That's ok I read those books before. No thanks.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Christian refugees would integrate much better than brain washed extremist Islamists?

Brain washed extremist christians would integrate much better than brain washed extremist Islamists?

As long as there is a group of people who "believe" differently to the ones who practice religion... there will always be massacres in the name of "insert name of religion's god here".

Christians are no better than Muslims. Religion is the problem... because it teaches people (more like forces) into hating people from other cultures. Not all Muslims or Christians are like this, it is the minority in both partys who wish to deal harm to others... although, all religion carries the same mindset. The violence is still there in terms of hating your brothers and sisters of different cultures, throughout all religions... no matter which god is being worshipped.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I just decided to click on this because it was on the home page. Have seen it for days and didn't honestly care much for the title. Then I read the OP and about 3 comments and decided that I was right for not wanting to click this thread. Religion is the problem, ALL religion should just die and never resurface again.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
I just decided to click on this because it was on the home page. Have seen it for days and didn't honestly care much for the title. Then I read the OP and about 3 comments and decided that I was right for not wanting to click this thread. Religion is the problem, ALL religion should just die and never resurface again.

Well at some time Islam is coming to cut your frigging head off - what are you going to do about it!?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

The "extremists only" wail is

INACCURATE and pathetic.

WHEN

1. the founding documents exhort fiercely in more than 109 verses to violently mangle/punish/exterminate ALL NONMuslims . . . how do you then logically ASSUME that ONLY the extremists AGREE WITH THEIR FOUNDING DOCUMENTS???

!DOH!

2. When even the 30% of Muslims who don't significantly support violence think of themselves as 'not very good Muslims' partly because of that . . . what's with this wail about "only the extremists?"

3. When virtually all the better known Muslim religiouis LEADERS exhort EXTERMINATE THE INFIDELS VIOLENCE . . . as is TRUE . . .

What's WITH this inaccurate clueless wail about "only the extremists?"

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

soo, if either christians or muslims aren't here anymore to blame. who will you blame next? which ever one is surviving? *meanwhile, don't tell anyone, but soldiers who go to war, criminals who kill people in the street and mass murderers who stalk people, are not necessarily of any particular belief and just as likely to be atheists as anything else. but we'll ignore that part cause i don't want to ruin your fantasy; just dont tell anyone about mao or stalin. mao was a muslim right? marx a christian?*

this was done by jewish people right?

and buddhists did this ?

and i suppose hindus did this?

edit on 27-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

No I will not pray. What goes around, comes around. So many god is good, convert to christianity nuts travel all over the world on missions massacring native beliefs and traditions in the name of christ. You feel like you're doing good, but in reality you're making them a target for local terrorists. Leave them alone. You have no business in any of the nations you listed. How are you any better supporting the christian/catholic thugs going to these nations to kill honest god loving people of another religion?( In case the wool is over your ignorant little eyes, I was talking about Iraq and Afghanistan. Hundreds of thousands of innocent, civilians were slaughtered for believing in Allah, thus making them the enemy of the USA because of some extremist wack jobs who weren't even from the countries that were invaded by the honest god loving christian Americans.) Oh, and Have you not forgot the Holy crusades? Every religion is guilty of killing in the name of their god, and in their eyes they are right !!! Don't bother replying to my post I won't be back. BIG THUMBS DOWN ! GET OVER IT!
edit on 12/27/2011 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/27/2011 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So group A from one part of the world says that group B, from another part of the world, hates group A. Group A says that all Group B wants to do is destroy group A's way of living, they hate everything they stand for, and want to kill them. Meanwhile Group B is doing the exact same thing. Now if you add over a 1000yrs of hardcore propaganda on both sides through religion,mix in some natural resources, and throw in some of Wall Street's CIA military industrial complex you'll find this happening more and more.

While I'm agnostic and despise religion I do not condone any of the actions by either side.

Not every country has freedom of religion so IMO if you find yourself in a country that the majority strongly disagrees with what you're preaching, and they're known to do something about it. Well I would probably stay out because I'd like to live a little longer. I don't walk through south side Chicago or even west side thinking I'm not gonna get mugged because "God" is on my side. Not every place in the world is filled with rainbows and flowers.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i'd like to suggest a rescue mission and bring them here but they all think we're evil and would probably be too scared to come.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilyich

No I will not pray. What goes around, comes around. So many god is good, convert to christianity nuts travel all over the world on missions massacring native beliefs and traditions in the name of christ. You feel like you're doing good, but in reality you're making them a target for local terrorists. Leave them alone. You have no business in any of the nations you listed. How are you any better supporting the christian/catholic thugs going to these nations to kill honest god loving people of another religion?( In case the wool is over your ignorant little eyes, I was talking about Iraq and Afghanistan. Hundreds of thousands of innocent, civilians were slaughtered for believing in Allah, thus making them the enemy of the USA because of some extremist wack jobs who weren't even from the countries that were invaded by the honest god loving christian Americans.) Oh, and Have you not forgot the Holy crusades? Every religion is guilty of killing in the name of their god, and in their eyes they are right !!! Don't bother replying to my post I won't be back. BIG THUMBS DOWN ! GET OVER IT!

what? you mean i am still responsible for 500 year old crap?
does this mean i can blame your male ancestors for every rape on the planet for the last 500 years? just curious is all.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Where did I misunderstand what you wrote?

In the plethora of posts asking me to explain just like that one that I just replied to.
You are funny.
I gotta go to bed.

Oh don't fear. I wasn't expecting anything in the form of a rational constructive response from you. It was more a rhetorical question.

You must not know what the wordsd you use mean because you REALLY asked me about 4 times now to explain a very simple sentence to you. Now it is rhetorical all of a sudden? Whatever.

You are not making any sense in any of your posts. You are just arguing for the sake of arguing about whos god is bigger based on some stuff you read from some other people. Hopefully rational discourse will again find you and soon.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

the tables have been turned after 1500 years of tyranny,eh?

While I don't like your generalizing of all christianity under - primarily - the umbrella of Rome, Nixie, I'll give you a star for reminding everyone that the history of christianity is also not spotless of its own oppressions.

Hope you had a merry christmas!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

You clearly do not know what you are talking about. I was not "blaming" any one group of people. But religion as a whole. It exists in so many messed up forms, that it is nonsense. For example the "war on terror" which seems to be spoken by america's leaders several times every hour. It is not a war on terror... it is a war against islam... for the sole purpose that america is a christian based nation.

Religion is the cause of WAR. In a sense that it is a political TOOL.
Obviously if religion ceased to exist, then something else would be the political TOOL.

Primitive example; Statements such as "God bless our troops" are repeatedly used again and again by certain country's leaders.

Because "God" blessed them, it's makes followers of _____ okay for them to slaughter innocent Iraqi/Afghan children? Hey, maybe i'll sign up myself and join in with the blood bath, because God endorses DEATH and i'm a follower of ________ aswell.

If you don't understand what i'm getting at.... well. I don't feel like arguing over religion again, for the problem that it is.

Don't mean to sound harsh, but i feel i am on the other end when somebody tries to tell me "religion is a good thing". It clearly is not.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

no it's a war against only certain factions of islam. in other words, the indigenous muslims of one sect, are wanting help wiping out the indigenous muslims of another sect, but don't want to be responsible for doing it in the eyes of other muslims. in iraq, the shiites vs. the sunnis, was the big deal. can't remember if the usa went after the sunnis or the shiites. i think saddam was sunni, correct me if i'm wrong. not sure what faction was getting the axe in egypt or libya, but according to info i read on it, black muslims in libya were loyal to qaddafi and are being genocided as we speak. so there's not just religious factions but political ones as well (although in islam, political and religious are very closely intertwined)

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join