It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Blown Apart In Nigeria By God Fearing Islamists

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The religion of peace (islam) strikes again
I would take my place in front of those Nigerian myself

edit on 24-1-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by arollingstone

I've said what I've had to say already, yet you're too arrogant to take any of it in.

You seem to take pleasure in ignorance.

You say you study the Hadith and Qur'an, what a load. You know nothing of them. You merely want a scapegoat to berate and condescend.

Religion, like anything else, is a powerful indoctrination tool. That is the real issue, uneducated people being indoctrinated by those with bad intentions.

However, people on your side of the fence are too ignorant to see it isn't the specific religion that perpetrates violence - its violent leaders that take advantage of the uneducated.

I do agree though that British Muslims, in my view, often tend to have a slightly warped perception of Islam compared to Arab ones.

Besides the fact that your argument had descended into name calling, you make some good points.

How do we stop violent Islamic leaders using their religion to take advantage of the uneducated?

It could be observed however that many of the more extreme leaders of Islam are very educated, but I get your point.

By the way, you say that 4,000 out of 3 million Muslims is a small number. If that 4,000 was scaled up to the population of the USA then that would represent 400,000 young male Muslims trained by the Taliban. Scaled up to the UK population it would be 80,000 young male Muslims trained by the Taliban.

Surely that should give you pause for thought.

If it doesn't then perhaps you should look no further than the mirror to find some 'ignorance' and 'arrogance'.

It is also interesting that you claim I know nothing of the Koran and Hadiths yet I have posted statistical analysis of the texts revealing them to be saturated with violent Jihad passages, yet you have demonstrated no knowledge of them at all.

By the way, I am happy that you have been taught that Islam isn't violent. That however doesn't explain why Muhammad was a violent man and why the Koran and Hadiths make it clear that he was.

Contrary to Islamic arguments that Muhammad was merely defending himself from attacks, in fact his violence dates from not when he was weak but when he was strong.

Muhammad personally took part in 28 Jihads

97% of Jihad passages in the Koran are references to Violent Jihad

31% of Islamic Trilogy devoted to Violent Jihad

11th century Lesser vs Greater Jihad Fabrication

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by Dr Expired

Label "X" attacks label "Y" based on their own personal beliefs of a higher power.....How long has this been going on now? Can humans ever get out of this mindset, attacking others based on their belief of some higher power? Not anytime soon. Oh humans....hopefully one day our species will learn to live with one another, no matter what our own personal beliefs are

Your ignorance is appalling. People will find a reason to hurt other people. Either way atheist's still butchered more people then all the religions combined.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Date log:-30th Jan 2012

Boko Haram refuses dialogue.

A week ago, Jonathan warned the group had infiltrated the government and security forces and vowed (again) to stamp it out. But in an interview with Reuters news agency Thursday he said that if Boko Haram identified itself and stated clear demands the government was ready for dialogue. He also acknowledged that military action alone would not stop Boko Haram; and northern Nigeria needed economic development.

But Nigeria-watchers think this apparent carrot may have come too late. Boko Haram's purported leader, Abu Bakar Shekau, responded in an audio message: "We're killing police officers, we're killing soldiers and other government people who are fighting Allah; and Christians who are killing Muslims and talking badly about our Islamic religion."

It seems that the terrorist group refuses dialogue and only seeks for the continued murder of innocents.

It calls for creative solutions to end the genocide of fellow humans.

1. Instead of dealing with the terrorists to call for dialogue, the gov and Nigerians MUST reach out to each and every muslim in the north, to discuss and debate about the issue.

Muslims are not as unreasonable or dogmatic as some presumed. They too are only human with common aspirations every human have - peace, justice, equality, shared prosperity, responsible freedom, progress and love, equally taught by the good prophet Muhammad and the Messiah.

They are only misled by leaders whom had allowed their hate, ignorance and lack of intelligence to turn murderous.

I know that there are many Nigerians on the net. They are an educated lot. Some of them are sincere and honest while a few are involved in the much reviled and hated '401' scams. I have no love for them, but ultimately, it is only money. If a greedy fool is stupid enough to part with his money, he only asked for it. It is only money after all, and what one lost it can be earned again through honest labour the next time.

But if a life is lost, it is forever. Every human life is precious and means something special to another, for we humans are not born out of a rock. May every Nigerian with a conscience reach out to the muslims, and help them see the truth. Hate will gain nothing except more pain and suffering.

2. Then get the Muslims assistance to stamp out the radicals that had been mis-using the religion for their own gains, no matter how grandiose those corrupted leaders had made themselves to be. Islam is a religion of peace, and will never hurt innocents, and will only attack when ALL means of dialogue had ended.

The Nigerian gov had not even begin any dialogue, but yet those animals had already refused. This is unislamic, and is an apostacy to the religion. Muslims not only in Nigeria, but the world must realized this truth. In the face of 7th Century barbaric Persian attacks, the good prophet Muhammad had not responded with violence, but only with appeals for rationality by dialogue with the persians.

It was only when the agravation of the persecutions by the beastly persians upon muslims did Caliph Umar, after the passing of the prophet, decided enough is enough and took over Persia whole within 2 years.

Let the Nigerian muslims decide on their own. Allow Boko Haram a political stage when it surrenders violence, and see if muslims would vote for them with conscience, for no true muslim wishes for ill will or murder of innocents. If boko haram refuses, muslims will know the truth and apostacy, and react accordingly, to bring down the terrorists on their own.

3. Equally, the gov must end its endemic corruption that knows no bounds. It is more than money now, as precious human lives had been lost, largely due to the negligence by the state for social spending, despite the huge blessings of oil wealth that could have EVERY Nigerian have no want in life.

Greed must end...

edit on 30-1-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join