It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A case for Genocide? No matter the horror of it, the injustice of it…is there really justification

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Genocide…wiping out those who do not agree with your realm of thinking or your lifestyle, Race, Religion, Political affiliation, etc.

At the first thought of genocide, most people are repulsed nowadays. And rightly so in my opinion, though there are still though amongst ATS who will through PC language, still advocate it. Deny it if you will, but many are still guilty.

There are those who wish for everyone just to get along. And do away with everyone else. Either through ignoring them, imprisoning them or out and out destroying them.

What about those of us who disagree with you? And why would you take offense as to why we disagree with you? Why is my opinion worth anything less than yours?

Just because I’m from someplace else, have a different opinion or support a particular religion or political affiliation, there are those that think I should be eradicated. Why? To be truthful…I don’t understand it.

Myself? I don’t care if your Muslim, Jew, Christian etc….Democrat, Republican, etc, White , Brown, Black, Yellow or Red. I just want to hear your view. Maybe gain your friendship….find common ground.

And people still wonder why we all can’t along? People still wonder why there is a divide. I know that I am not alone in this line of thinking.

But there are those who think that eliminating others who think differently will make the world a better place.

I ask you to go into the dark corners of your mind and question this. Is it really worth it?

I will though always fight what I believe to be evil.

Could that be the problem?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Easy, NO!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacelord
Easy, NO!

No? As in stop fighting what you believe to be evil? Or no, there is no excuse for Genocide.

I ask because there are people that believe there is a reason for it. But does eradicating those people, which is a form of genocide itself, justify it?

To me, this is a serious internal debate.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
No justification for any kind of genocide what so ever. I don't know what else to say. "Those People" Are you talking about the folks that say things like "Turn the middle East into a Parking Lot" ?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacelord

Nope. Just wondering why people hate to the point of committing atrocities. Regardless of whom they are.

And is it justifiable to commit genocide upon them?

I just think that it is a vicious circle. But there are those who still think it is ok.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
There are people right now arguing whether it would be ethical to wipe out the mosquito population in an effort to keep people safe from disease.

You may want to check out this article. At the moment, the experiments are controlled. Though if you made a concerted effort, you could effectively eradicate mosquitos. I suppose it looks like a good idea on the surface, but personally, I feel like the consequences would be pretty rough.

New York Times

Pretty interesting read though. It's the only time I've ever caught myself wondering if it would be worth it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by upgrayedd

Thanks for that. It makes for a interesting read. Quite the analogy.

And yet it leaves me wondering as well.

People after all, aren't bugs. But I suppose there is a place and purpose for us all.

But if a bug dispenses disease, then to be truthful, I'm all for eradicating it.

But would eradicating that bug bring about even more harmful effects?

These are the types of things I find myself, asking myself more and more.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

While people might not be bugs.. the ideal is the same and the consequence equally unknown and certainly falls into your "is it worth it?" question and perhaps gives an answer that can be applied to humans.

e.g the Nazis tried to exterminate the Dark or Black Honey Bees deeming them inferior but fortunately they where not successful in that endeavour.

The differences that made the Nazis think the black honey bee was inferior and worth killing off could also be the differences that answer our current bee problems.

They black honey bees are larger.. more hygienic.. less prone to disease.. have longer flight capabilities... better overwintering capabilities and other metabolism differences that mean while the hybrids die off in swaths from disease or are being fed sugar water to survive the Black Honey bee keeps on going.

The problem with genocide of anything is that we will never fully understand what we are actually destroying.. if we had wiped out the black honey bee we would be much the worse off and would lack a solution to our current woes.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Not many people are willing to visit the Dark Depths of their mind to answer these types of questions. But I will take up the challenge and go there. It depends how you define "genocide" too because there are varying definitions (deliberate and systematic killing of X based on Y). There can be justification for Genocide if the outcome is the safety and well-being of the worldwide population. Yet, to determine this rationally seems close to impossible.
edit on 26/12/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join