It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should scour the moon for ancient traces of aliens, say scientists

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Check out the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) images, some of which are 1 meter per pixel, which is very high resolution for an image from orbit:

lroc.sese.asu.edu...

I'm sure there are spy satellites that do much better than that, but I don't think the military wants to hand over their secret technology to NASA for a Moon mission -- especially considering that 1 meter per pixel is good enough for NASA to provide the maps they need for further missions.

My personal experience is exactly the opposite. DoD, especially Army Intel, holds NASA as close to their breast as a new mother does with a newborn.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveToSpendIt

Check out the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) images, some of which are 1 meter per pixel, which is very high resolution for an image from orbit:

lroc.sese.asu.edu...

I'm sure there are spy satellites that do much better than that, but I don't think the military wants to hand over their secret technology to NASA for a Moon mission -- especially considering that 1 meter per pixel is good enough for NASA to provide the maps they need for further missions.

My personal experience is exactly the opposite. DoD, especially Army Intel, holds NASA as close to their breast as a new mother does with a newborn.

Can you give examples? Because I don't see that. I would think that it would be EXTREMELY unlikely that the military would let NASA use spy satellite technology, considering that NASA images are seen by the public. I doubt the military would want the world to know the capabilities (and possible limitations) of their spy satellite technology.

Having said that, and like I said above, the LRO's 1 meter per pixel resolution is quite good.

We can see the wheel tracks made by the moon rover and the trails made by walking astronauts. I'd call those pictures hi-res pictures of the Moon.

edit on 12/27/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So this was a hoax then? What was the explanation?

edit on 27/12/11 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

Missing data presented as if it was real data. Those images were created "on the fly", by using the images from the area selected by the user, and the old version of the program that created the image had that problem.

The original images from those areas have been available for as long as the images from the rest of the Moon.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It would be cool if they found something, I've seen a lot of questionable images but I have not been swayed by any of those questionable images to believe they are anything other than natural, unlike richard hoaxland I don't see faces in every cloud & mountain.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

lroc.sese.asu.edu...

Can you give examples? Because I don't see that. I would think that it would be EXTREMELY unlikely that the military would let NASA use spy satellite technology, considering that NASA images are seen by the public. I doubt the military would want the world to know the capabilities (and possible limitations) of their spy satellite technology.

Having said that, and like I said above, the LRO's 1 meter per pixel resolution is quite good.

We can see the wheel tracks made by the moon rover and the trails made by walking astronauts. I'd call those pictures hi-res pictures of the Moon.

My comment was general, not specific to SAT images except that I can confirm that ultra-hi res pictures have been shared between DoD and NASA.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
It would be cool if they found something, I've seen a lot of questionable images but I have not been swayed by any of those questionable images to believe they are anything other than natural, unlike richard hoaxland I don't see faces in every cloud & mountain.

Neither does Hoagland but at least he has photographic experts to call on foe assistance in his reviews.

Unlike ATS members who wouldn't know a photo expert if one slapped them upside the head much less be able to assess planetary photos with any degree of credulity.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

The original images from those areas have been available for as long as the images from the rest of the Moon.

The NASA elephant in the room no one appears to want to address is NASA's (severe lack of) credibility. Because NASA posts images, labels them that they are from XYZ camera on ABC date from FGH mission doesn't mean squat.

Consequently, any discussion about NASA images, especially on ATS where there is no one who could professionally review these images, assuming they are legit and I do not, is worth less than squat.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I haven't read every comment so this might have already been said. We need to remember that extraterrestrial life does not have to be intelligent. ET life could be pond scum, or bacteria.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Consequently, any discussion about NASA images, especially on ATS where there is no one who could professionally review these images, assuming they are legit and I do not, is worth less than squat.

I understand that's your opinion, which I do not share for lack of evidence and because I have this tendency to start by giving the benefit of the doubt to anyone, regardless of that anyone being someone on the Internet or a government agency.

What's you position about other space agencies, are they doing the same thing as NASA? If they are, why?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

What's you position about other space agencies, are they doing the same thing as NASA? If they are, why?

Why? Self-interest. Power. Technology. Information.

Having worked for over a dozen USA and non-USA based agencies, I know not to trust a (snip) one of them.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is something that I've always been facinated with and was the reason I originally joined ATS.

I will share again some moon pics that I discovered a couple years back:

Inverted

Certainly has the appearance of a 'flying' vehicle

edit on 27-12-2011 by SpaceJockey1 because: added pic

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I wonder what took them so long to come up with THAT idea at this timing..coincidence? or "preparing" everyone to not be surprised when they make a "discovery"

2012 will be an interesting year!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The same folks not only can't identify "anomalies", if any are there in the first place, they can't even ID the people who are properly credentialed to research lunar (planetary photos).

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not a hater...

It isn't our place to publicly "out" members. In fact it's against the T&C. It's considered good manners on here to respect folks anonymity even when we might have a pretty good idea about their background.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Slightly off topic-
I have been curious as to how Burt Rutan's company-"Scaled Composites" (and others) will handle sightings (if they occur) on they're private flights. Best case scenario would be the company conducts suborbital or orbital flights and detects and records evidence of what may be lurking out there. It may be that SC has some kind of non disclosure agreement tied to technology gleaned from NASA or other agencies.I would bet that as time went on, if something was found up there, it would eventually leak out and be front page news. Imagine the cash stream generated from up close pictures and/or video of something non terrestrial.
Bragging rights as well.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lamonster99
Slightly off topic-
I have been curious as to how Burt Rutan's company-"Scaled Composites" (and others) will handle sightings (if they occur) on they're private flights. Best case scenario would be the company conducts suborbital or orbital flights and detects and records evidence of what may be lurking out there...

... Imagine the cash stream generated from up close pictures and/or video of something non terrestrial.
Bragging rights as well.

It seems to me that "getting pics/videos of something strange" and "confirming that those strange things were ET craft" are two very different things.

If Scaled Composites releases videos to the public from their sub-orbital flights, I'm sure there will be a many people scouring those videos and seeing what they perceive as odd things. However, that's not to say they will be seeing ET craft.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
With the images that are out there for us to use , that could be seen as a deterring factor when searching for ship / craft .

However , since there have been advances in light manipulation / cloaking by the scientific / military . Here is a rather interesting pic of what may be just that ( object with apparent light manipulated around it ) . All the visual information is there , it is just shifted in one particular area . Appearing oval shaped ( slight angular view ) with distinct edges around some of it . I have added in the second image the general locations of other such anomalies for your viewing pleasure .

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lamonster99
Slightly off topic-
I have been curious as to how Burt Rutan's company-"Scaled Composites" (and others) will handle sightings (if they occur) on they're private flights. Best case scenario would be the company conducts suborbital or orbital flights and detects and records evidence of what may be lurking out there...

... Imagine the cash stream generated from up close pictures and/or video of something non terrestrial.
Bragging rights as well.

It seems to me that "getting pics/videos of something strange" and "confirming that those strange things were ET craft" are two very different things.

If Scaled Composites releases videos to the public from their sub-orbital flights, I'm sure there will be a many people scouring those videos and seeing what they perceive as odd things. However, that's not to say they will be seeing ET craft.

Easy Stretch,
Concerning sightings I said "if they occur" and "best case scenario of what MAY be lurking out there"
video of a something non terrestrial is just that- something off planet- xapetus, phobos, ice crystals, craft etc.
And if something were to be recorded up close, whatever it may be- it would generate cash. I have seen NASA vids of odd items-not saying they are ET craft, but still it is interesting. I never said that the anything was little green men or that a UFO is an extraterrestrial space craft- a UFO is just that- Unidentified Flying Object.
I would just be interested in a non government video, in space and of orbiting bodies.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lamonster99

Soylent could pass the link to the gov recap vid I sent him , if your not to fussy on it being gov vid ? Ships not on it , other item yes .

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog8110

That one is easy, just stop using Google for looking at the images.

It's good to find the places we are interested in, but after that you should look for the original (or as close to the original) images.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join