It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What kind of people would steal toys during Christmas?"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Link to article

HONOLULU -- The theft was captured by surveillance cameras and became the talk of the town. What kind of people would steal toys during Christmas?
On Dec. 1, a man and five women were seen removing items from the Toys R Us store in Windward Mall. Officials said they made several trips, carrying items through an employee entrance at the mall.

On Sunday, the recovered toys were stacked in the office of Honolulu attorney Myles Breiner, who said the remorseful and frightened women contacted him and turned in the toys.

"Most of these women are single moms. They have children. They're not employed, and they did apparently take these things out of Toys R Us," Breiner said.

"What kind of people would steal toys during Christmas?" I'll tell you. People who've been brainwashed themselves by their brainwashed kids!

At least steal some damn food or clothes. Not freaking toys just so your kids will stop whining about them.

I swear to god when I'm president, Christmas is OVER! This is getting out of control.

Call me a Grinch if you want. I am sick and tired of all the noise noise NOISE and the toys toys TOYS! AGH!
edit on 25-12-2011 by ZeroReady because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2011 by ZeroReady because: fixing quotes

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Last time I checked, children need toys.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yeah and if those kids don't get those toys, those tantrums start flying.

Mayor should know that. I'm sure he's got some kids.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
robin hood.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Children don't need toys, they need a loving home and activities that stimulate curiosity and growth.

"Loving home" implies all the basics are met- food, clothing and shelter as well as a loving family.

edit on 25-12-2011 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
To answer the thread title, per the article it states:

"Most of these women are single moms. They have children. They're not employed, and they did apparently take these things out of Toys R Us," Breiner said".

SO, apparently many are single moms with kids who should have been RESPONSIBLE enough to use birth-control so that they dont bring children into a world for which these degenerate moms cannot properly provide for them.

Lots of fools having children who are unable to even take care of THEMSELVES alone!!!!!

[color=hotpink]ATTENTION FEMALES: If you cannot afford kids, USE BIRTH-CONTROL, DUMMIES!!!!!!
edit on 25-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
They turned themselves in and returned the toys. It was wrong for them to break in and steal them. But, it wasn't junkies stealing to get their next fix. I don't condone it, but in light of Christmas....and being a Mom, I understand it.

I think any other thieves would not have had remorse. I hope, for the fact they are single Moms, and they eventually did the right thing, they get a reasonable sentence.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
robin hood.

FOUND HER!!!!!!!!!! Funny, I've been working on this all week.

I hit artist block. It's still in progress.

Credits:
Daz4d | www.daz3d.com...

V4.2 Model | www.daz3d.com...

Hair | Embrace | Magix 101 |www.daz3d.com...

Outfit | V4 Archer | Umblefugly,
Bobbie25 |www.daz3d.com...

Animal | Mil. Horse Bundle | Daz3d |www.daz3d.com...

Well | www.3dworldmag.com...

Cottage | Dry Jack | www.renderosity.com...

Pose | Gunslinger

PhotoImpact | Ulead.com

Photo Impact filters | OptikVerve Labs | www.optikvervelabs.com...

Background Texture | Calthyechild | calthyechild.deviantart.com...

edit on 25-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Last time I checked, children need toys.

There's a huge difference between ``need`` and ``want``.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Here, south of Boston a man and wife were caught following UPS trucks around, and stealing the packages off the doorsteps after delivery when people were not home. A neighbor called the state police after noticing one of the events, and gave them the licence number of the car. So the trooper used an unmarked to follow the UPS truck around , and sure enough, saw this vehicle trailing it by a few blocks. He (the trooper) then followed behind both the UPS and the car until there was another such delivery. The man and woman used binoculars to observe the delivery and then waited a few minutes ensuring the people did not come to the door, then rushed up and grabbed the package.

The trooper pulled them over and found 20-30 UPS boxes in the back seat and trunk addressed to other people. After arresting them they got a search warrant for their house and found hundreds of UPS boxes still unopened. The feds got involved next, since this is really a federal crime, like stealing from the post office..... Hope these idiots spend some great time in a fed pen, This kind of thing is actually rampant here in the east coast...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

God that's just ridiculous. But not surprising. given how crappy the economy is, I really can't....... think this won't become more of a norm. When people have no food, no means to pay for their home, food, electric, etc, they'll resort to stealing to sell to get money.

If we'd just bring back the jobs from over seas, we'd stop spiraling into a third world of a Thieves Den.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
"What kind of people would steal toys during Christmas?" I'll tell you. People who've been brainwashed themselves by their brainwashed kids!

That's right. Toys are not a necessity.

The type of people who claim they are are usually the type who use them to distract their children so they can have a break from dealing with them.

The corporations themselves are not completely innocent of this either. The heavy manipulation they use to make weak-minded parents feel bad for not providing their children with presents should also be considered here.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
What the mother did was wrong. But in the end it is obvious she decided that the toys weren't worth stealing and turned herself in. The fact that a thread was started to bash this woman is more disturbing to me than what she did, since she did own up to it and showed regret.

The UPS thieves deserve no mercy. Can this type of person ever be reformed or will they will be rotten to the core all the way too the end?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Which is done by a good toy, lol.

Whoever says children don't need toys, don't have any children themselves.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Sorry but Kids do not "need" toys. Kids want toys.

I grew up pretty poor. My single mom could not afford to go out and buy us every little thing we wanted that we saw on TV during our Saturday morning cartoons. I can not begin to recall how many times I went outside to play and found myself playing with a stick and some dirt and using my imagination.

I realize that is a far out concept these days since children are not told to "go out and play" anymore and now told to go play their Xbox and run around with sneakers with lights in them while listening to their Ipods and wasting minutes on an Iphone they dont need., but it still works as good today as it did back then, and dare I say... even better.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Are you for real?

Yes, three year old are perfectly capable of keeping themselves entertained through books.*rolls eyes*

Children develop learning patterns for the rest of their lives by the age of five. They strictly do it through imagination and play. They need balls to study gravity and blocks and legos to study construction and object placement.
Maybe you should read a little into child development before making such absurd comments.
edit on 25-12-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

And if you live in the city in a dangerous neighborhood?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Children need toys. Not a lot of them, but some.

That is like saying that mechanics don't need tools, they just want them.
edit on 25-12-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by ZeroReady

That's right. Toys are not a necessity.

I think that toys are completely neccesary for kids. Show me a kid who never gets any toys and I'll show you a screwed up kid. Ho ho ho.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I have a son, so I don't know where you are coming from.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join