It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montanans Launch Recall of Senators Who Approved NDAA Military Detention. Merry Christmas, US Senate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So they are elected by the people of the state.
But cannot be recalled by the people of the state who elected them?
That is not logical.
It shouldn't matter if there is a law on the books. It should be inherant.
Seriously people.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
In another post yesterday or the day before, there was a title something like OWS has failed, or something similar, the EXACT title escapes me, but I think most of you will remember it. To my way of thinking the occupy movement has stirred the American Public to arms, in that they now feel somewhat empowered to take action, something that last spring had not been thought possible. The American citizen in general could do nothing much more than express apathy. In the events as they unfolded, the American public saw that they Could be heard and could be a force the government could no longer ride roughshod over. This likely sprung from the Tea Party movemment, but either way, it has evolved into the position that enough concerned citizens CAN make a difference, and the MOST effective way, is to use the powers that are in place against such a cheap shot at them like this TYRANNY imposed upon them behind closed doors, and by the very corrupt leaders that are seeking to destroy out US Constitution. So it may be that a moderator thinks this off subject, but the truth is, it's very relative and part of the bigger picture of local governments taking back their authority, and having representatives who ACTUALLY represent them. Bravo Montana, now I hope the rest of the freedom loving states follow Montana's lead.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Would hope every state would look at treason in way, that would insure the people's protection...like hanging anyone who violates the constitution in way, like they are attempting to do now, as accountability for actions, in politicians, should be very strict, as in detention and no jury or trial, in same way they propose, would be unfair, however death penalty should not be overlooked, if a jury of peers, in a non kangaroo court, finds it is in the best interest of the people, as punishment for anyone who signed this and others, should be very swift and severe.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

We can sit here and Obama bash all we want but remember that it was passed my a mostly Republican senate and congress, they wrote it. I'm not a big Obama fan but let's make sure blame is spread around to all those who authored and passed the law so far.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

GROUCHY OLD SOB~!!!

Well I know this is a pipe dream now!!

When I started to read it sounded to good to
be true thanks for the knowledge..

To be able to actually have this work
they need to be thoroughly intoxicated
when voting or if they caught rabies!!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by acuna

Sorry for interrupting, but "a mostly Republican Senate?" We haven't had a mostly Republican Senate for years.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You are correct. I assumed a fact that I should have researched. Thanks for the correction. Below are the actual numbers from Wikipedia double checked with both official sites:

House
R - 242
D - 192

Senate
R - 47
D - 51

But I stick my my original point. We can't throw blame for this one way. Officials on both sides of the isle authored and voted for this. Something should be done about it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The lengthy list of the Senators who passed this bill:

YEAs —86

Akaka (D-HI)
Alexander (R-TN)
Ayotte (R-NH)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Baucus (D-MT)
Begich (D-AK)
Bennet (D-CO)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Blunt (R-MO)
Boozman (R-AR)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Brown (R-MA)
Burr (R-NC)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coats (R-IN)
Cochran (R-MS)
Collins (R-ME)
Conrad (D-ND)
Coons (D-DE)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Enzi (R-WY)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Gillibrand (D-NY)

Graham (R-SC)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hagan (D-NC)
Hatch (R-UT)
Heller (R-NV)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Inouye (D-HI)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johanns (R-NE)
Johnson (D-SD)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kirk (R-IL)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Kohl (D-WI)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (ID-CT)
Lugar (R-IN)
Manchin (D-WV)
McCain (R-AZ)
McCaskill (D-MO)
McConnell (R-KY)
Menendez (D-NJ)

Mikulski (D-MD)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Portman (R-OH)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Roberts (R-KS)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Rubio (R-FL)
Schumer (D-NY)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Shelby (R-AL)
Snowe (R-ME)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Tester (D-MT)
Thune (R-SD)
Toomey (R-PA)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Vitter (R-LA)
Warner (D-VA)
Webb (D-VA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wicker (R-MS)

Bill

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Nothing will come of this. Congress will not expel any of its own members, vampires protect each other.

They only have any power by the CONSENT of the governed. Unfortunately, most of the "governed" are too stupid and brainwashed to even notice any of this, and therefore keep giving their consent. I've seen this coming since the Patriot Act was rammed through. I stopped squawking about it years ago, no one will listen.

The whole system is basically a giant extortion racket. Thinking the Supreme Court will do anything is also a pipe dream. Do you think you can change a corrupt system by going through said system? Ain't gonna work.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
More important to put up good people to begin with. Do not believe what they say during the campaign. Pay attention to them way before the campaign, or do research and find out who they are before voting them in. I remember the D.R.I.P movement. Do not re-elect incumbent politicians.

Personally I am getting so jaded. I vote against the tax increases and all my neighbors out vote me. What is wrong with everyone? Why do we put the same bad people up election after election? I suspect, most are like my brother the shrink, they are too busy to really pay attention. They only hear a few sound bites from the MSM during the election. Or maybe like my sister, who is still young and thinks a conservative POV would be mean and uncaring.

Or maybe this is all part of the grand plan where the bad people take over our educational institutions and turn out morons that are incapable of choosing well.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Way to go, Montana!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Baucus and Tester are such ratty politicians...they'd sell their own grandmother if they knew it would get them some political prowess...they like to play as if they're the good guys all the time...but their votes are always the opposite...they're rarely in-state as it is, which is a joke all in itself...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You all are naive.

Montana will not Recall their Senator.

Senators are untouchable. They are more powerful than Admirals or Generals in the military.

Congress gave the President authority to KILL Americans without a Trial. Nobody did a thing about it.
Now Congress gave the President authority to detain without trial...indefinitely...Americans.

You're all naive, and your Constitution no longer exists.

Can we all agree America is Fascist now?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I love the find...

But I have to ask... (do not push the red button
)

Can you provide the example you mentioned so no one can come back and assume it is merely a supposition and not based on reality...

The mentioning of the detaining of us citizens in the us example you mentioned... TY

The question you have to ask...

Can the citizens of the United states as a whole initiate a recall ...

Under the clause of reservations of powers... IE can the individual get them recalled without state government provide a method....

great find...

s an f

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Camperguy

what would be interesting is if you could provide a cross reference list of when they come back up for election

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is why the 17th Amendment needs to be repealed immediately! Senators answer to special interests, and are essentially 100 more "Representatives". When states appointed them, the state legislature could meet and recall them the same day. They no longer answer to the states. An example of Democracy in action here. Restore the REPUBLIC!!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

I love the find...

But I have to ask... (do not push the red button
)

Can you provide the example you mentioned so no one can come back and assume it is merely a supposition and not based on reality...

The mentioning of the detaining of us citizens in the us example you mentioned... TY

I am not sure I understand what you would like me to provide an example of. Are you talking about detaining US Citizen indefinitely? That is in the National Defense Authorization Act that was just recently passed.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Camperguy

That looks like some blue ticket holders who use the people to buy their tickets...isn't there some legal action recourse, they can be taken, class action or civil suit, or do they immunity to commit the crimes and can get away with it, with no accountability, as their vote should count, in more ways then one and imprisonment for the politicians, should be a given, when they betray the people and violate the law, by the powers granted to them...

Looks like conspiracy, with a nice list of names of who is involved and should be brought to trial of some sorts..imho... if legal action is not suitable or possible, maybe they need a taste of their own medicine and get a ticket to some water boarding, torture camps, they want everyone else to have the opportunity to go to...

Some interrogating might reveal, some sweet confessions, and this way, they learn a valuable lesson, and other politicians, hopefully would notice and would not make the same mistakes....

Did they not hang some criminal politicians in San Francisco for their actions.... as treason does carry the death penalty still does it not?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I wonder how you would go about initiating a similar type of lawsuit in your own state? I guess you don't really have to play by their rules. Thats kinda the whole point.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Yes I think we can agree with that. At least we can not argue with it.

second line.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join