It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Campbell on Bob Lazar

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by A51Watcher

"When I watched the video you mentioned, I too was surprised and curious as to why they did not show any of the craft footage. Only John and the interviewers could possibly answer that."

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that was odd.

I appreciate the link to the video if you have it. I have my opinion but that doesn't mean opinions can't change. I have only been registered on ATS since August (I think) and there is a lot of information to process on this site. I'm definitely open to all possibilities. Because of the vast amount of information on these topics I often debunk even my own theories! I think being a careful observer makes ourselves more credible at the end of the day. Thanks for the information!!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Last thing I had seen..Glenn Campbell was working as a clerk in a family court in Clark County.This may have changed in the last couple of years.
edit on 1-1-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by akalepos

Thats a good point...as a whole we can learn alot. I just dont think this story needs to be over.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

meaning what...Not sure what your getting at?
I'm saying people talk about Campbell as if he is the almighty and I don't think its justified.
Lazar on the other hand, despite his vanishing school records left an impresion (whether accurate or not?) either way every one knows lazar got the whole area in the news.
Thousands of people visited the area in the 90's and spent hundreds of hours researching to be on top of the latest news.I'm no exception...and honestly, I don't think we know much more because of it. Only thing gained by Campells Perseverance was a few good photos and BLM deciding to grab up even more land to keep peering eyes out.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by A51Watcher

Originally posted by wutz4tom
...But honestly, He Did Not do anything any of us couldnt have done.(didnt have the connections)..Been there in the 90's...

Bummer... sorry to hear that.

I was. And I did.

meaning what...Not sure what your getting at?
I'm saying people talk about Campbell as if he is the almighty and I don't think its justified.
Lazar on the other hand, despite his vanishing school records left an impresion (whether accurate or not?) either way every one knows lazar got the whole area in the news.
Thousands of people visited the area in the 90's and spent hundreds of hours researching to be on top of the latest news.I'm no exception...and honestly, I don't think we know much more because of it. Only thing gained by Campells Perseverance was a few good photos and BLM deciding to grab up even more land to keep peering eyes out.

I consider Lazars story to be one of the most interesting storys in many years,if not the most.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

Like Lazaar, I think Campbell stepped back from all the Area 51 stuff. I could be wrong but I'm not sure if he is still doing his tours and what not. Not sure if he is still publishing his Area 51 newsletter either.

I found this article on ufowatchdog.com. It was written by Campbell in 2002. It discusses his withdrawl from UFOs and Bob Lazaar.

I am happily retired from the Area 51 field and am currently enjoying a blissfully UFO-free lifestyle, but one issue won't leave me alone: People keep asking me about Bob Lazar. True or False: Did he work with flying saucers at "Area S-4"?

Those who believe in Lazar are going to continue believing, and those who don't will only say, "I told you so." The funny thing about oral traditions like this is that they continue to live and propagate regardless of the evidence and far beyond their original source.

Article Link Campbell
edit on 1-1-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

Sorry my reply was not more clear. What I was saying is:

I did have the connections

and I did go there to investigate.

I did so at the time the tests were still being conducted there, not 4 years later like Glen & Co. after the program had already been moved.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to Cosmic911

I appreciate the link to the video if you have it.

I will have the video up today and pass along the link.

I have my opinion but that doesn't mean opinions can't change.

That's what I mean about being honest. Even if your opinion doesn't change, thats fine by me, at least you post and debate in an honest manner, and keep an open mind.

But as you can see there are many here whose only concern is their ego and being Mr. Big Shot who knows everything. Even when they get busted posting false information, to them it's no big deal 'Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up and I know everything'.

So when I encounter someone honest such as yourself, I am always willing to share information. Hopefully I can learn something from you as well in the process.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Ok Cosmo, here is the link to the videos I mentioned -

link

Cheers

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
And nice try trying to lure us in with the Glen Campbell reference. If he isn't the singer then why even mention the almost 70-year old in your misleading title?
Glen Campbell the singer is long dead. Im a better pilot than him, I didnt get killed.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Thanks for the follow up with the video links!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Issues on ATS can become very heated and personal. We see this all the time. We may not agree 100% of the time and that's ok. Hopefully we all can be professional enough to respect each other's opinions and move forward. I think you said it best, "Keep an open mind."

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Your kidding right? You have not seen the footage of the craft they took? Seriously?

You don't even know it exists? And not just you, the others here also assuming they didn't film it?

What is this world COMING to??

What about the incredible impossible manoeuvres it performed. Everyone drawing a blank on that too?

So I suppose it's up to me provide this footage that no one has heard of? Of course I can do it, but it's just such a - you have GOT to be kidding me - type of thing.

Sorry mate. You've made me feel bad for not pointing that out (posting the footage?) explicitly on ATS myself. Why would any real UFO researcher worth their salt consider it not be common knowledge with all these "experts" hanging out here. Even when I saved my own copies of Lazar's (and the other) footage, in case it disappears from the web, it didn't occur to me for a moment that the ATS deniers would not be familiar with the material.

It's hardly surprising that we're frequently left scratching our heads at times trying to understand why the significance of information/data isn't obvious to members. Remember that thread where I couldn't wait any longer for the penny to drop and couldn't resist practically spelling out what the data you provided meant? Are many of the smarter members so under the influence of peer pressure that they no longer even openly discuss certain matters on ATS? We were mystified at how nobody was discussing the implications. Perhaps we shouldn't be in future... Are we at a point where it is necessary to Assume Ignorance before presenting material?

Sometimes I find it so difficult to give people the benefit of the doubt! Is it sinister or just ridiculous? DENY IGNORANCE?

At moments like this - and I know you've had them before on ATS - it becomes apparent how difficult it can be to deny ignorance when dealing with complex issues like these. How can you have a reasoned debate when most of the members have been hopelessly misled about certain basic, essential facts? Are the thinking processes and knowledge filters of the ATS community as "conditioned" as I suspect they might be or is it simply a reflection of the brain-washed outside world? Alternatively, is it just Pimander being "delusional" again.

What was my point again?

So I suppose it's up to me provide this footage that no one has heard of? Of course I can do it, but it's just such a - you have GOT to be kidding me - type of thing.
Oh yes, it is a joke. I wish I could find it funny but right now I'm finding myself making an effort to find it anything but depressing.

So when I encounter someone honest such as yourself [Cosmic911], I am always willing to share information. Hopefully I can learn something from you as well in the process.

My sentiments too. Cosmic911, you have been a breath of fresh air on this site.

Oh dear, did I really go that far off topic there? Well, it feels like it belongs here so I'm not going to delete what I just typed.

If only we could have had more OPEN MINDED critical thinkers then this site would have really lived up to its motto. Don't get me wrong, most of us have learned something from ATS. The feeling remains though, that we could be achieving (or have achieved) more...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Thanks for the kind words! I have learned so much from you guys. I learn from folks I agree with and disagree with. Its been an amazing experience.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by Human_Alien
How do you explain how Bob Lazar knew to take John Lear and George Knapp and others to witness those flying crafts on a given evening? I think he did that several times. He knew exactly what date and time to see the aerial show.

Bob Lazar knew a LOT more than what you're giving him credit for.

I totally agree, and I know John Lear is very knowledgeable about these things also. I believe he was banned from ATS because of pressure from above, if you know what I mean. John and I have exchanged emails, and he speaks the truth as he remembers it. As does Bob Lazar. It is just too bad when someone comes out, risks his life, and reputation to inform the people of what is going on behind their backs, and then people discredit them, and say all kinds of nasty things about them.

My experience of debating John Lear here on ATS was not as positive as yours. Oh well, I should have taken it easier, in retrospect... His insistence that the Moon has a breathable atmosphere was quite annoying. No, I haven't been to the Moon, but neither has he. There are 10,000,000 observations of the Moon which demonstrate that the residual atmosphere on the Moon is not atmosphere in the common sense, it's pretty darn close to vacuum. Same about "thriving" life on Venus and sharp-looking Venusians... Sure the whole Soviet probe landing program was a hoax... Right on, John. IMHO he deliberately insisted on absurdities because he'd got some kind of a kick out of it. I understand that this was one of the reasons he was banned.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I truely enjoy all of your threads. I am new to ATS, and I am having a hard time friending people. I haven't caught on yet. Would like to be a friend of yours and figure this out so I can post threads as well. I have alot of cool stuff about Area 51. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I Believe Both Bob Lazar and John Lear are the real deal and both tell the truth

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Issues on ATS can become very heated and personal. We see this all the time. We may not agree 100% of the time and that's ok. Hopefully we all can be professional enough to respect each other's opinions and move forward. I think you said it best, "Keep an open mind."

Wouldn't that be refreshing. People who can actually agree to disagree instead of digging in deep reguardless of evidence? Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I'm not sure what side of the fence I'm on with Bob Lazar. Stanton Friedman says there is a bunch of holes in his story.

www.stantonfriedman.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Hey Split,

What's your opinion of Stanton Friedman

Pladuim

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join