It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vegans, raw foodists, fasters, extreme losers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
When I went pure veggies and fruits is when I rapidly lost, but I got sick. I wonder, if I included seeds and nuts, if that would help then.

No, it wouldn't. You would still get "sick".

When you burn fat, that is where toxins are stored and they are released into the blood. That is why you feel sick. Endure it, and you will feel better than ever after that.

Look what happens to the contestants in The Biggest Loser in their first week. Sick as, throwing up and all. But look how they feel in week two.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
[color=C3FDB8] It is somewhat harder than it sounds at first, but this has always worked for me. Here you go........ Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full. That, and maybe move around a little more. That's it.
It took me almost 6 months to figure out what 'hungry' and 'full' really felt like to my body but once I did that, I learned to listen and I lost weight. Now, I am at a comfortable weight for my body. As Americans I don't think we are programed to eat when we feel hungry and to stop eating when we feel full. We just sort of ignore how we really feel and eat because of a multitude of other reasons that have nothing to do with our own needs.
I wish you the best of luck, I know it isn't easy.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i think cutting out any processed foods and not eating large amounts is the simplest and best way to go. i've been a vegetarian for 20 years and i've never been overweight (i'm 42 and have had 2 kids). i don't really exercise like i should and i don't consider myself to have a high metabolism. i just don't eat a ton of food. i never eat fast food and i rarely go out to eat.

make sure to eat some fruits and veggies every day. eat a big salad for lunch. don't eat past 7pm. never eat dessert right after a meal (messes with digestion). don't ever fill up on bread. anything with white flour in it should be either eliminated or cut way back on.

i'm not saying i'm right. it's just what i suggest. i have no degree just life experience. everyone is different and what works for one person may not work for everyone.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ShedAlert

Then you should consider yourself luckly that you have a healthy, functioning metabolism. And your singular situation does not speak for everybody.

Saying calories in or calories out is an ignorantly simple concept. That is like saying you put gas in the car, they should all get exactly 35mpg. But it doesn't work that way.(unfortunately)

Men lose weight at twice the speed of women, any idea why that is?

Younger people lose faster then older people, any idea why that is?

Hormones do regulate your metabolism, and your sleep patterns, and your sex drive. Are you saying those are exactly the same for all people as well?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join